#Barclays 23/24

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

I watch it with a client now and again and the fun part is seeing what "content" they can create from the most banal sources. 

Even besides the contrived arguments, the parts I caught were basically “these 2 teams are amazing”, “these 2 managers are wonderful”, “look at these players - they’re exceptional”.

Aye they’re good teams but f**k me.

Just now, Doctor Manhattan said:

What's the difference between this game and the eye-bleeding fare served up at Fir Park yesterday?

About £2bn.

At least our game had two goals and we hit the bar twice. 

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Even besides the contrived arguments, the parts I caught were basically “these 2 teams are amazing”, “these 2 managers are wonderful”, “look at these players - they’re exceptional”.

Aye they’re good teams but f**k me.

Aye the Emperor's New Clothes energy is very strong in the coverage of that league. 

Manchester City are an outrageously boring team to watch. It's tika taka without Messi. Not so much anti-football as anti-fun. 

Both teams play in characterless stadia and their respective (Spanish!!) managers are as dull as ditchwater (aside from their try-hard touchline aerobics whenever a decision goes against them or when they've scored goal number 6 against Jobbers Anonymous) so it's obviously necessary to create a narrative of false glamour and excitement.

Bernardo Silva is a gorgeous player, but De Bruyne is the least interesting great player I've ever seen. No flair or apparent artistry. Just a machine footballer. 

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

Bernardo Silva is a gorgeous player, but De Bruyne is the least interesting great player I've ever seen. No flair or apparent artistry. Just a machine footballer. 

Bernardo Silva is a torn-faced wee scrote who constantly runs to the referee wanting opponents booked, but acts like a wee fcuking jessie any time someone even brushes against him, much less actually boots him.

Edited by pozbaird