#Barclays 23/24

52 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

My point was more about the huge disparity about how clubs are treated despite seemingly being in the same league rather than just the scale of city's cheating.

#TheBig6 member Chelsea seems to also be immune to Financial Fair Play despite a lot of very dodgy shit happening at Stamford Bridge. So while the Premier League will go through Forest's books with a fine tooth comb they don't seem to be in a hurry to investigate what is going on at more prominent clubs.

The other clubs admitted their guilt, City didn't and therefore they have to go through the whole process. This is City's MO in general, to obfuscate as much as possible, which is what got them off with the UEFA charges they were clearly guilty of. Therefore the Premier League are having to make sure everything is watertight before they proceed.

10 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

FFP is a joke.

Armchair fans are the lifeblood of football at the top level and absolutely no attention is being paid to their concerns.

People want to see the best players at the best teams.

Exactly. How are City meant to earn legitimately through shirt sales and Instant noodle partnerships in South East Asia if they are not allowed to sign the best players?

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Xabi Alonso staying at Leverkusen. Who next for Liverpool?

Guardiola for the banter. Man City charged and demoted to League Two, he leaves citing the "if they have lied to me, I will leave" speech when the charges were first announced, heads explode all over the North West of England. 

Or the Sporting Lisbon manager. One of the two.

20 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Letting clubs appeal against financial punishments is daft.

Letting clubs straight back into the Scottish professional football league structure despite being liquidated having cheated financially for decades is daft too.

Jings - there were some people in power in Scottish football trying to get the new club straight back in the top division. 

It seems the more debt clubs incur the less you get punished. 🤦 

On 27/03/2024 at 17:36, VincentGuerin said:

Chelsea are a shambles, but I think the issue is that, so far, they've been smart enough to float within the rules. Generally using amortisation, loan fees, selling on youth etc to do so.

If the rules stay similar to what they are, they're likely to run into massive bother in the next few years.

They basically need almost every single one of their extremely expensive speculative punts on promising young players to come good.. 

35 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Another Barclays football tourist asking for a shirt.

Get yourself to fcuk.

Personally quite happy to see this sort of thing continuing to happen down there. It's already a Reality TV show of a league and this only dilutes it further, making the Scottish leagues even better by comparison and indeed my superiority complex over English football fans even greater.

On 28/03/2024 at 14:36, MazzyStar said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68686129 
Wee Sandro loves the betting 

Paul Merson is a fucking moron.

2 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

How is that allowed to stand? Surely the referee has to stop the game when they took the free kick 

Class from the referee. More decisions like this will stop players going down with non-injuries. 

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Class from the referee. More decisions like this will stop players going down with non-injuries. 

Whilst I do think he goes down too easily, I do feel that the referee needs to just make sure everything is fine before play starts up again. The way he walked over to the ball made it look like he was going to hold up play. Each to their own, though 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Another Barclays football tourist asking for a shirt.

Get yourself to fcuk.

IMG_8640.jpeg.0752b493ac9c951312648a17f451750a.jpeg

Hope your “team” gets utterly pumped by West Ham and you miss your flight home. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF