#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

He's even bounced the ball off someone's head at the 2nd goal 😂😂

Exactly, could have got booked early on, should have been booked for that, then had what VAR described as a reckless barge after the restart at 2-2.

42 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Keepers who catch the ball and fall onto their knees/stomach do my nut in.

Any that don't when winning/holding for a draw piss me off. It's one of the best time wasting tactics going. I spent at least A year screaming at ryan scully for not doing this.  Hit the deck, spend 30/40 seconds getting back up, do a few arm rolls acting like the fall hurt you, walk slowly to the edge of the box and only release if when it looks like the ref is getting really pissed off.  Easily a minute gone, not doing it is really shitty professionalism. Best part is if the ref isn't willing to call you up for not releasing the ball in reasonable time(and it's been about 25 years since a ref has) then they can't add a single second on

Edited by parsforlife

7 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Arguably he could have seen red for that. Throwing a ball forcefully at someone's head could be seen as violent conduct.

It is unquestionably a red card offence. In this situation the ball is considered to be an extension of the arm and the decision should be: red card for violent conduct. Interesting that it wasn't picked up by the commentary team, Var nor the tv pundits.

"There are none so blind as those who cannot see"

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I said it before, it doesn't matter that he is almost certainly not at it, the fact that City's owners have also been his employers at some point is definitely something that shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Aye.

I'm not suggesting he's corrupt but I can't see how it can't subconsciously affect him. He's human.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Any that don't when winning/holding for a draw piss me off. It's one of the best time wasting tactics going. I spent at least A year screaming at ryan scully for not doing this.  Hit the deck, spend 30/40 seconds getting back up, do a few arm rolls acting like the fall hurt you, walk slowly to the edge of the box and only release if when it looks like the ref is getting really pissed off.  Easily a minute gone, not doing it is really shitty professionalism. Best part is if the ref isn't willing to call you up for not releasing the ball in reasonable time(and it's been about 25 years since a ref has) then they can't add a single second on

I suppose my ire should be at the officials/rule makers, rather than the players that do it.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I suppose my ire should be at the officials/rule makers, rather than the players that do it.

I think it was Ross County we drew 0-0 with. Boring as f**k game. They were time wasting from the first minute.

I had a near cranium detachment but nothing to do with them. They can play as they see fit.

If Arsenal want to stop having players sent off for second yellows for kicking the ball away, then their players should really stop blatantly kicking the ball away when they're on a booking. Utterly brainless.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Apologies if a commentator has said this or anyone finds it boring, but one thing that's struck me is how Arsenal players aren't shutting down the man with the ball even just 25 yards out. It's like they're trying to tempt centre halves into taking the shots. They're bound to be terrified of leaving space behind but they're doing it right on the edge of their box.

I was only having a laugh about the Neville comment...only because it was almost word for word what he said. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Exactly, could have got booked early on, should have been booked for that, then had what VAR described as a reckless barge after the restart at 2-2.

The barge is a strange call...he's got every right to chase the ball down and the arsenal player blocks his route on purpose...seems to be more and more prevalent these days. Noticed Calafiori doing it at attacking corners to take gvardiol out of the equation.

When Italian sides shithouse when protecting a lead, it's beautiful, artistic, creative....like Van Gogh or Monet. What arsenal did today was the equivalent of Tracey Emin putting her manky bed on display and calling it art

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I was only having a laugh about the Neville comment...only because it was almost word for word what he said. 

Thanks and no worries, I was more bothered by the accusation that I seek tactical insights from Danny Murphy. That one hurt.

My Barclays XI (4-4-2): Jussi Jaaskelainen; Pascal Chimbonda, Chris Samba, Brede Hangeland, Nicky Shorey; Rory Delap, Morten Gamst-Pedersen, Ivan Campo, Chris Brunt; Ricardo Fuller, Benjani. 

What a team that is, by the way. 

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

He must be totally dehydrated after every game with the amount of spitting he does.  Disgusting to watch.

This. Rolls a globule of spit onto the end of his tongue and spits it out. Utterly disgusting.

26 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

My Barclays XI (4-4-2): Jussi Jaaskelainen; Pascal Chimbonda, Chris Samba, Brede Hangeland, Nicky Shorey; Rory Delap, Morten Gamst-Pedersen, Ivan Campo, Chris Brunt; Ricardo Fuller, Benjani. 

There's so little Adel Taarabt in these types of teams that it makes me wonder if I was watching something different 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's so little Adel Taarabt in these types of teams that it makes me wonder if I was watching something different 

You're conflating your Streets Won't Forget XIs with your Barclays XIs.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Manager? ‘Arry could do wonders with that team as could Big Sam.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge