#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

13 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It is an absolute stonewaller of a red card, mental folk are trying to say it wasn't purely because he slightly clipped the ball, before planting his studs on the Spurs player's shin.

It started with a fairly shrill Gary Neville complaining that it should be a yellow "because we don't want to see the game spoiled"

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It is an absolute stonewaller of a red card, mental folk are trying to say it wasn't purely because he slightly clipped the ball, before planting his studs on the Spurs player's shin.

Absolute nonsense.  He was entitled to go for the ball and his foot slipped over the top of it.

5 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Never said he wasn't, what he's not entitled to do is plant his studs on someone's shin because he made a c**t of the tackle.

And I’m not saying it wasn’t a foul but the original decision of a yellow for the offence was the correct one.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Put your house on Everton going down - absolutely rank.

No chance. They'll win their 36th and 37th league games and draw on the final day to stay up on goal difference. 

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

There’s a few reasons to hate Liverpool but the main one is the disgusting Scouse accent. 

Especially when they're calling everything good 'boss'. 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It started with a fairly shrill Gary Neville complaining that it should be a yellow "because we don't want to see the game spoiled"

Did you hear Neville talking over Kelly Cates as she was reading out the PGMOL statement? 
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12973792/pgmol-accept-mistake-with-diaz-offside-its-a-horrendous-error

The guy should be told to shut up by the producers. 

The problem with the Jones red card isn't so much the red card, it's the process. Had the referee given a red straight away, I don't think too many people would have had any complaints. The fact that the referee - barely 5 yards away - deemed it worth a yellow was fine IMO, albeit one that in the past would have been mentioned on MotD. When VAR was introduced they were keen to say that they weren't going to re-referee games, they'd look for factual errors, clear and obvious errors and mistaken identity. The fact that the first thing the referee saw when he went to the monitor was a still image - which always make any challenge look worse than it may have actually been - was always going to make him think he'd made a massive error of judgement but I don't think it was a huge mistake at all. Like I said earlier, if he'd given the red straight off the bat I think that would have been fine and VAR wouldn't have had enough evidence to overturn it, but at the same time having given the yellow initially I don't think there was enough to overrule his original decision. 

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

See for that first one, the ref gave a yellow - was it an obvious error? Seeing it in real time, it looks like a yellow. Seeing it slowed down shows that the reason the contact was made was that Jones got the ball, his foot then rolled over it and into the boys leg. But it looks like the referee was shown the still image on the monitor first, before any video footage. That makes it look a million times worse and makes the referee think he's made a major error. 

Also, why weren't the Villa 2nd and 3rd goals ruled out? Looked offside for the second then how that wasn't a foul on March for the third I just don't understand. The Villa player headed his legs away from him! 

I think with the rule being “he went over the top of the ball” it had to be checked. Yeah, the villa ones were strange, a few of them you expected some sort of review at least. Var would work if you have the right folk in charge of it and not people who are incompetent. 
Exhibit A.

http://www.skysports.com/share/12973930

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve always wondered why Liverpool are so disliked on here - values wise they surely measure up (royal, Tory hating etc) more similarly to people on here than any other side! I’m obviously assuming no one takes that into account, but for me it’s probably my most liked place in England. Footballing wise having Doak and Robertson there helps too. 

Aye, I agree with their anti-monarchy and anti-tory stuff, but most of them now are Glory Hunters and Tourists, they have a view that they are some sort of godsend of a club, and they are usually quite deluded.

They have a thing for "bantering" other clubs whenever they lose a game (the banter also being unfunny as f**k, it makes me want to shoot myself), and then throw a tantrum when you call them out.

Half of them, apart from the 'real' fans, know nothing about football.

Also, this:

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I think with the rule being “he went over the top of the ball” it had to be checked. Yeah, the villa ones were strange, a few of them you expected some sort of review at least. Var would work if you have the right folk in charge of it and not people who are incompetent. 
Exhibit A.

http://www.skysports.com/share/12973930

This is the nub of it.  I’m in favour of the technology, but there’s no excuse for people sitting in a wee box getting it so badly wrong.

What bit of endangering the safety of an opponent is that slevering fuckwit Neville not getting. Learn the fucking Laws of the Game that you are handsomely paid for pontificating on. Jones could have quite easily broken the other players leg & caused a severe ankle dislocation with his actions, it was a textbook red card.

5 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Aye, I agree with their anti-monarchy and anti-tory stuff, but most of them now are Glory Hunters and Tourists, they have a view that they are some sort of godsend of a club, and they are usually quite deluded.

They have a thing for "bantering" other clubs whenever they lose a game (the banter also being unfunny as f**k, it makes me want to shoot myself), and then throw a tantrum when you call them out.

Half of them, apart from the 'real' fans, know nothing about football.

Also, this:

Lol I don’t think these types on twitter are the best gauge.

Putting all the controversy aside going down there yesterday was worried lose to an inform Spurs side and Man City could end the day 5 points clear. Gap still just 2 and feel further convinced that Liverpool are the real deal again despite the loss as with 11 / 10 & 9 men they were impressive.