Huw Edwards

Last year, the Queen died.  I am not remotely interested in the monarchy but the Queen had been the Queen since before I was born.  It was like somebody had changed the wallpaper in a room where I had not noticed the wallpaper until somebody changed it.

Huw Edwards was much the same.  I had no real opinion on him except that he was presenting the news so often, I barely noticed.

I seriously doubt he will be presenting it ever again.

Another wallpaper moment you might say. 

17 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Huw Edwards mistake was acting like a rock star when he is just some guy that reads the news on telly.

Which rock star?

This could be the next big bit of celebrity gossip if you'd just spill the beans 😡

30 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

seriously doubt he will be presenting it ever again.

I can't be the only poster to have read this as "another walloper moment".

39 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Last year, the Queen died.  I am not remotely interested in the monarchy but the Queen had been the Queen since before I was born.  It was like somebody had changed the wallpaper in a room where I had not noticed the wallpaper until somebody changed it.

Huw Edwards was much the same.  I had no real opinion on him except that he was presenting the news so often, I barely noticed.

I seriously doubt he will be presenting it ever again.

A bit like your avatar pic. I’d never really noticed it, until I saw the new Kilmarnock away shirt today.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I can't really get my head around why, in particular, any BBC employee would be so daft as to do anything like that given recent history.

There are certain things I can't do online because of my job, certain things I have to report including just randomly bumping into people in supermarkets, certain streets etc, 

Ruel Street .... ?

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

I’d be flabbergasted if anyone truly suspected Huw Edwards of being a wrong ‘un prior to the last few days. He’s always come across a good sort, in my opinion anyway. 

I don’t know about that, he has those little fat fingers that Elton John has! That should have been a huge red flag! It’s really all our fault for not spotting it!

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

So, Edwards was using his own name on that dating app? Or, did people read his name on Twitter relating to this story, as at that point it was an unknown bbc journalist being discussed, and decided to pile on? I mean, could the same happen on here? Could someone decide a random user name on here was John Craven and say he had been sending abusive messages to them in private?

You've been leaving gates open again havent you? You filthy hussey. 

A guy I used to work with was a complete dick, everyone hated him. He set up a dating profile on Match and someone found it, it was the most cringey shite I'd ever heard, like you had asked someone to write an ironic dating profile. 

I like long walks in the rain or curling up on the couch with a nice glass of wine and a good movie etc. 

That was printed out and hung up in every break area on site. He was on holiday at the time and ether someone told him he had been rumbled or he noticed he had about 200 new profile views within a couple of hours. 

What has this to do with Huw Edwards?

If I was going to join a dating app, I would be aware that someone I know would see it and I would be leaving myself open if I added any soppy shite or attached a picture of my cock and or arse along with my face. 

So he must have known he was on borrowed time before this came out. I suspect the Sun had the picture as confirmation that he was on a site and constructed a story around it that made it look like public interest.