Huw Edwards

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Just seems weird that they’ve done that, if they’ve got legal reasons to get money back from him because he didn’t tell the entire story then that’s reasonable but just to ask for the money back seems pretty wild. Why don’t they just ask for him to surrender his entire wealth while we’re at it?

BBC want to come out of this situation with as much credit as they possibly can. He's every right to tell them to f**k themselves, but that'll only further worsen (if that's possible) his reputation.

It's the BBC gaining themselves a wee pat on the back in the eyes of the public when they're f**king desperate for it.

13 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

It's not as if returning the money is going to make people see him in a better light.

No I think that ship has sailed. Maybe he resigned when he knew he was going to plead guilty who knows?

I think he’ll look desperate if he gives the money back and I don’t think he will. I don’t think it will make him look any worse for not giving anything back either. I’d also be staggered if more allegations don’t come out against him anyway and he’ll be completely f**ked.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Animated GIF

I keep calling him Huw Steven’s - why do I keep doing this who even is Huw Steven’s? I also keep referring to him as Huw as if I’m also being groomed by him.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Just seems weird that they’ve done that, if they’ve got legal reasons to get money back from him because he didn’t tell the entire story then that’s reasonable but just to ask for the money back seems pretty wild. Why don’t they just ask for him to surrender his entire wealth while we’re at it?

To appease their loyal licence holders who they don't want to think their valuable licence fee has essentially been funding a nonce 

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

To appease their loyal licence holders who they don't want to think their valuable licence fee has essentially been funding a nonce 

It would be nice if the license payer was even mentioned here, all that was said by the bbc chief was that he had behaved in bad faith there was no mention of the licence fee payer deserving better.

20 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Exactly. They’ve no chance of recovering anything. It’s a PR exercise. 

58 minutes ago, throbber said:

I keep calling him Huw Steven’s - why do I keep doing this who even is Huw Steven’s? I also keep referring to him as Huw as if I’m also being groomed by him.

Just now, throbber said:

There’s a radio presenter Huw Stevens. Not sure how relevant he is but the name runs off the tongue easier than Huw Edwards.

Huw Edwards runs off your tongue? 

It's absolutely performative by the bbc,they'll not get a penny back. But surely there is a case against him that he continued to draw a salary, knowing his guilty plea would have seen him being dismissed for gross misconduct 

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Biden GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

All I’m saying is I could be in a relationship with a 62 year old without the age difference being officially inappropriate.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

All I’m saying is I could be in a relationship with a 62 year old without the age difference being officially inappropriate.

Carol Vorderman likes this.