Huw Edwards

What Huw has been charged with isn’t linked to what came out last year about paying the young man for nudes where it was concluded he didn’t do anything illegal. They investigated Alex Williams who is a 25 year old from wales and found he’d been messaging Edwards dirty pics.

Williams sent Edwards 377 sexual images with 41 of them being indecent images of children (7 category A) between December 2020 and April 2022. With a message being sent by Huw asking not to send anything illegal. Williams only got a year suspended sentence for this so with a guilty plea and the fact there’s a message from Edwards asking not to send anything illegal he’ll surely not go to jail.

I still don’t envy Huw Edwards position and I can imagine the shame he’s bright on himself and his family from having been in such a high position is going to hurt him more than a custodial sentence ever could. Clearly a filthy old man, the fact he’s messaging men in their 20’s dirty pics is already incredibly beastly even it’s it’s not illegal. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Aye it was a nich reference to the thread on the Southport stabbings where a strange dichotomy arose over whether the boy who did it was mentally ill or just an arsehole

Germany Berlin GIF by Team Coco

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I went in to my local Keystore last week and they had a top shelf that was groaning under the weight of scud mags. I was taken aback that they had some. they also have a fridge filled with Buckfast. 

14 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I went in to my local Keystore last week and they had a top shelf that was groaning under the weight of scud mags. I was taken aback that they had some. they also have a fridge filled with Buckfast. 

103527.gif.1e4b63ae040c7a46cb762a546285a3a4.gif

2 hours ago, throbber said:

The fact he’s messaging men in their 20’s dirty pics is already incredibly beastly even it’s it’s not illegal. 

I don't want to derail the thread, but this kind of stuff gets too readily mixed in with paedophilia and another poster further back described fancying 20 year old as sick. 

It's simply not and is often both healthy and more common than we think. Sexual attraction isn't a simple procreative motivation either, it's a desire to merge and connect. The key is consent. It's the reason why we have the laws we do (the key wording is age of consent, rather than age of biological capability). Desiring to have sex with anyone isn't wrong, regardless of age, but it's especially not wrong if they're both fine with it, even with bigger age differences. 

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but this kind of stuff gets too readily mixed in with paedophilia and another poster further back described fancying 20 year old as sick. 

It's simply not and is often both healthy and more common than we think. Sexual attraction isn't a simple procreative motivation either, it's a desire to merge and connect. The key is consent. It's the reason why we have the laws we do (the key wording is age of consent, rather than age of biological capability). Desiring to have sex with anyone isn't wrong, regardless of age, but it's especially not wrong if they're both fine with it, even with bigger age differences. 

Said Ian Watkins, aged 36 and three quarters.

52 minutes ago, throbber said:

Said Ian Watkins, aged 36 and three quarters.

West Yorkshire Police said it was told by staff at the prison of an assault on a prisoner on Saturday 5 August.

The force confirmed Watkins, 46, was taken to hospital, and inquiries into the attack are ongoing.

You've got the wrong Ian Watkins mate

Kunt and the Gang with Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris and the Yorkshire Ripper |  SO IT GOES - John Fleming's blog

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'm not googling him.

I am sorry but I don’t agree with what you have said. Huw was in his 60’s and paying a young teenage man for nudes and that’s how the original investigation came about although there was no criminality involved. Now the recent revelation was he shared nearly 400 dirty pics with someone 35 + years younger than him so if we were to ignore that some of them were indecent images of kids for arguments sakes you are perfectly okay with this behaviour?

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

I am sorry but I don’t agree with what you have said. Huw was in his 60’s and paying a young teenage man for nudes and that’s how the original investigation came about although there was no criminality involved. Now the recent revelation was he shared nearly 400 dirty pics with someone 35 + years younger than him so if we were to ignore that some of them were indecent images of kids for arguments sakes you are perfectly okay with this behaviour?

Eh?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Sigh.

Why is it beastly for a man in his 60s to share "dirty pics" with a man half his age even though.it isn't illegal?

Obviously I'm not talking about the indecent images of weans, and I felt I made that clear in my post, so let's leave that to the side.

Edited by velo army

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Sigh.

Why is it beastly for a man in his 60s to share "dirty pics" with a man half his age even though.it isn't illegal?

Obviously I'm not talking about the indecent images of weans, and I felt I made that clear in my post, so let's leave that to the side.

Because it is predatory behaviour - Huw is also in a privileged position and the teenager he sent money to in exchange for nudes had a coke addiction which is why his parents had to step in. 

60 somethings are planning retirement and have grand kids , 20 somethings are planning their lives still and there is no grounds for them to be playing cyber doggy biscuits with each other.

57 minutes ago, velo army said:

Sigh.

In the words of the apparently lost age differences of relationships thread which I seem to be the only person left on P&B to keep referencing:

"You may not be a nonce in the eyes of the law but you are to me."

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

Because it is predatory behaviour - Huw is also in a privileged position and the teenager he sent money to in exchange for nudes had a coke addiction which is why his parents had to step in. 

60 somethings are planning retirement and have grand kids , 20 somethings are planning their lives still and there is no grounds for them to be playing cyber doggy biscuits with each other.

Having not seen the text exchange and its genesis I couldn't say who initiated the exchange and who was the driver of it. I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the dynamics of their connection.

Again, you're basing attraction on a set of arbitrary characteristics. People can enjoy each other sexually regardless of age because sexual attraction isn't only based on age, socio-economic status or stage of life. It might be rare, but it just shows the limits of our understanding of human sexuality and the futility of attaching set criteria to it.

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Having not seen the text exchange and its genesis I couldn't say who initiated the exchange and who was the driver of it. I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the dynamics of their connection.

Again, you're basing attraction on a set of arbitrary characteristics. People can enjoy each other sexually regardless of age because sexual attraction isn't only based on age, socio-economic status or stage of life. It might be rare, but it just shows the limits of our understanding of human sexuality and the futility of attaching set criteria to it.

You’re positing a complex subject to a poster who struggles with simple.

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They can't sack him until he pleads guilty or he is found guilty, otherwise they would end up in court. 

He pled guilty which means he'll get a lesser sentence, he probably resigned from the BBC at the point he knew he was going to/had to plead guilty. 

There was a guy who owns one of the newsagents in Dundonald who used to be sitting reading the dirty mags to pass the time when you went into the shop.

The guy only had one arm/hand (the other arm was a piece of wood with like a stump on the end) and back when were young it was quite the known thing to go in and buy a scratch-card as the guy really struggled to get them torn off*.

Spoiler

*I know. I know. No need to hammer me for this now it was a long time ago.