Todays scores 29/7

39 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

I can still visualise the bottom shed when the beith over 40's led by a cnut in a camel coat were giving it send your ultras over here. We even got Maggie Thatcher and where have your pits gone. They were that thick they didn't know Thatcher shut the glengarnock steel works after she shut the pits

Half wits will always be half wits but no assault ever took place.  What's Talbot's excuse yesterday when an assault did take place?

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

Half wits will always be half wits but no assault ever took place.  What's Talbot's excuse yesterday when an assault did take place?

Alleged assault. 

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Imagine anyone at Talbot having the audacity to complain about a hot reception whilst walking off from a football match 😅

That walk through the stand at the pavilion end at beechwood  and then to the pavilion  itself ( more so when you win ) is a total hotbed and a vile atmosphere to try and get through and is quite intimidating to say the least . 

Big bad Pollock boys how dare you celebrate winning and it was all your own fault when the Talbot Neanderthal chose ( alleged )assault as his best weapon of comeback 🙈

Im pretty certain some of your committee had to be held back from the referee when Talbot put yous out the cup in 2017 after he gave Talbot a last minute penalty.. .

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Of course I wasn't at the game. I normally take in games as a neutral but I was infact at Loch Fyne Oyster Bar and me NOT being at the game has nothing to do with your comment of "some of your players were wanting to fight talbot fans".  This is one of the most ludicrous statements ever, honestly, no players are intentionally wanting to fight opposition fans, they may windup but that's it unless a player or fan loses it and hits out.

You made a stupid statement which i couldn't believe and laughed like feck, and your replies was not to change the statement or apologies but you made comments about me personally, which you can figure out that I wont back down 

You genuinely type like a wee boy.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Cool story.

What game was this?

The first one was Pollok when McInally was in charge, Butch was the only away player who was spared abuse. Secondly was Beith last when your commitee members behavior was appalling and he took the bait like a salmon, shouting and roaring like a banshee about Beith not even having a license!! Haha! Meanwhile, the old boys trying to get inside was entertaining too, well worth the £7!

See if it weren't for such instances like this, which yes occur weekly at lesser clubs, people wouldn't be so quick to knock Talbot from their moral high ground at times.

40 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You genuinely type like a wee boy.

🤣  I know, it must be embarrassing when this little boy makes you look like a dick to others.
You gonna be dick again or you gonna try and make yourself feel better on here and say you concur or against the whalloper comments who stated and I quote "Some of your players were wanting to fight Talbot fans."

Thanks for keeping it going jimbasters 🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

The first one was Pollok when McInally was in charge, Butch was the only away player who was spared abuse. Secondly was Beith last when your commitee members behavior was appalling and he took the bait like a salmon, shouting and roaring like a banshee about Beith not even having a license!! Haha! Meanwhile, the old boys trying to get inside was entertaining too, well worth the £7!

See if it weren't for such instances like this, which yes occur weekly at lesser clubs, people wouldn't be so quick to knock Talbot from their moral high ground at times.

Not aware of Talbot having any moral high ground. Everything Talbot do is amplified to the nth degree here and becomes the worst thing ever.

We haven't even mentioned Pollok's brawl for all at Irvine that got them banned from the Junior Cup or the fact that Beith and Kilbirnie couldn't be trusted to be trouble free that they had to play at Torygen

To be absolutely clear if somebody was assaulted yesterday the person responsible should be banned from football and facing crimimal charges

18 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

M8 if vigilantism was legal then there would be no Talbot. It's the price you pay for being the top dogs for the last 40 years.

37 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

🤣  I know, it must be embarrassing when this little boy makes you look like a dick to others.
You gonna be dick again or you gonna try and make yourself feel better on here and say you concur or against the whalloper comments who stated and I quote "Some of your players were wanting to fight Talbot fans."

Thanks for keeping it going jimbasters 🤣🤣🤣

Oh God Reaction GIF

40 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Not aware of Talbot having any moral high ground. Everything Talbot do is amplified to the nth degree here and becomes the worst thing ever.

We haven't even mentioned Pollok's brawl for all at Irvine that got them banned from the Junior Cup or the fact that Beith and Kilbirnie couldn't be trusted to be trouble free that they had to play at Torygen

To be absolutely clear if somebody was assaulted yesterday the person responsible should be banned from football and facing crimimal charges

We could spend forever debating who did what and arguing about bad behaviour  but we have all seen it from our own people as well as other teams.

Incidents of assault and criminal acts need fully investigated and punished no matter the perpetrators and no matter the team involved-we need to be seen to be dealing with this properly especially in the days now of a more professionally run product subject to Licences and much more scrutiny and coverage than ever before.

8 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Looks like some cracking games going by the results, and goals galore across the West. Wonder what the Pollok crowd was ? as it's usually a big one - over 1200 when I last went there for a Talbot game. Welcome back football ⚽ Be keeping up with the news until I come back.

900 maximum now at Pollok. Someone said it was sold out.

I'm gonnae cancel my subscription to Prime etc.

This thread is belting entertainment. Is it likely to be like this every weekend.

I'll subscribe now, where do I sign up.

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

It would have been good to find out a bit more of the game itself and how the new crop of players on both sides looked! 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Plenty of people have mentioned that to be fair. 

Aye. Scroll up.

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

It would have been good to find out a bit more of the game itself and how the new crop of players on both sides looked! 

My thoughts to bring it back to the game itself.

Talbot, looked strong as usual. Get the ball forward fast, and seemed to have a few players with pace who could get in behind.
Not 100% who their new players were but still looked like a team full of 6 foot plus players which makes them really dangerous at set plays. ( which has been Polloks downfall against them in the past)

Pollok 

defense looked fragile, which can partially be down to only one fit fullback, and a CH at left back. Then second half the fit full back came off injured at HT so we had 3 CH and a CM as our back 4.

we started with 3 small forwards which wasn’t working as when getting the ball forward quickly it was too easy for their players to win headers etc. 

we looked a more settled side when we added a bit of physicality up top with Anderson and Kerr.

I would expect both teams will improve by the week as they get more settled after a lot of change over the summer 

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

My thoughts to bring it back to the game itself.

Talbot, looked strong as usual. Get the ball forward fast, and seemed to have a few players with pace who could get in behind.
Not 100% who their new players were but still looked like a team full of 6 foot plus players which makes them really dangerous at set plays. ( which has been Polloks downfall against them in the past)

Pollok 

defense looked fragile, which can partially be down to only one fit fullback, and a CH at left back. Then second half the fit full back came off injured at HT so we had 3 CH and a CM as our back 4.

we started with 3 small forwards which wasn’t working as when getting the ball forward quickly it was too easy for their players to win headers etc. 

we looked a more settled side when we added a bit of physicality up top with Anderson and Kerr.

I would expect both teams will improve by the week as they get more settled after a lot of change over the summer 

Been reading elsewhere and there were quite a few teams in the WOSFL with players missing due to still on holiday or suspensions.

Were both Pollok and Auchinleck at full strength for the game or still had players who considered to be in the starting 11, still missing?
I suppose even the managers of most teams might still be trying to figure out the best team in defense, midfield and forwards etc... but the best placed at the moment to answer are Pollok and Talbot supporters

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Been reading elsewhere and there were quite a few teams in the WOSFL with players missing due to still on holiday or suspensions.

Were both Pollok and Auchinleck at full strength for the game or still had players who considered to be in the starting 11, still missing?
I suppose even the managers of most teams might still be trying to figure out the best team in defense, midfield and forwards etc... but the best placed at the moment to answer are Pollok and Talbot supporters. 

Mullen and Jordan Allen were both suspended, not sure about Burns but he was unavailable as so that meant we had to play a right footed centre half at LB, and only had one right back who came off injured, though Barr I think did play RB for East Stirling for a bit so he isn't completely new to it. Think Docherty was deemed as not fit enough yet, and Gallacher was limited to coming off the bench because he missed most of pre-season

Edited by Pollok mad