Todays scores 29/7

31 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Cracking finish to win it Who is the Talbot keeper this year?

Aidan Glavin on loan from Kilmarnock was the keeper today. 

Also signed Chris Henry from Caledonian Braves.

39 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Aidan Glavin on loan from Kilmarnock was the keeper today. 

Also signed Chris Henry from Caledonian Braves.

Thought it might be him He struggled at Beith badly With another years experience behind him hopefully for Talbot he can step up a level

3 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Thought it might be him He struggled at Beith badly With another years experience behind him hopefully for Talbot he can step up a level

Hopefully. 

Had virtually nothing to do today.

4 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Pollok lucky to survive a horrible opening half hour but not much between the teams thereafter IMO. Both defended well(after the aforementioned opening 30 where Pollok made error after error) and took a screamer to win the game. 

Would imagine a fair bit more to come from both teams - a good test for both to start the season in front of what must have been very close to a sell out crowd. 

Yep was sold out to permitted capacity.

7 hours ago, lokforever said:

any word on the talbot fan that assaulted a pollok player and made a grab at the referee.

Plenty of people saw the incident and got a good look at the scumbag (including myself). I think a photo was taken too. Other Talbot fans there will know exactly who he is!

5 hours ago, archieb said:

Plenty of people saw the incident and got a good look at the scumbag (including myself). I think a photo was taken too. Other Talbot fans there will know exactly who he is!

If this is the case both Talbot and Pollok should ban this person for an agreed time. This is an alternative to possible Police Involvement.  Totally unacceptable and can’t go unpunished.

1 minute ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

An agreed time? Surely if he has attacked a player the club would ban him for life?

Agreed-the only possible message to send out to anyone who attacks players/officials is a life ban.The guy will be well known to Auchinleck so they need to take immediate action.And he will be lucky if the police aren’t involved too.

When I was walking past the clubhouse there seemed to be a fair bit of provocation being dealt out by both parties. I don't condone this sort of behavior but if you rattle someone's cage then you will get the inevitable. I was in a verbal altercation outside with a galoot who was goading passing supporters. Big game. feelings running high...Football's back. 

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

When I was walking past the clubhouse there seemed to be a fair bit of provocation being dealt out by both parties. I don't condone this sort of behavior but if you rattle someone's cage then you will get the inevitable. I was in a verbal altercation outside with a galoot who was goading passing supporters. Big game. feelings running high...Football's back. 

That's an idiotic comment. The officials and players were just quietly making their way back into the pavilion. How is that "provocation"?

Or are you trying to say that a few Lok supporters celebrating the win justifies assault on a player or the ref?

Edited by archieb

4 minutes ago, archieb said:

That's an idiotic comment. The officials and players were just quietly making their way back into the pavilion. How is that "provocation"?

Or are you trying to say that a few Lok supporters celebrating the win justifies assault on a player or the ref?

The Pollok players were giving it plenty leaving the park.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

The Pollok players were giving it plenty leaving the park.

And you think THAT justifies assault?

The Talbot "support" really does seem to have an element which regards thuggery as acceptable!

1 minute ago, archieb said:

And you think THAT justifies assault?

The Talbot "support" really does seem to have an element which regards thuggery as acceptable!

No but dont make Pollok out to be completely innocent. 

Some of your players were wanting to fight Talbot fans.

Any footage of alleged assaults?

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

No but dont make Pollok out to be completely innocent. 

Some of your players were wanting to fight Talbot fans.

Any footage of alleged assaults?

🤣🤣🤣

This is the best comment ever.

Ffs see you, now I'm having visions of the Pollok  players tooled up before the match with sticks then going in at half time then get angrier and get hammers and then after the match shouting to the Lok officials, get he machetes oot  🤣🤣🤣

Yip football is back alright  😍