QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

38 minutes ago, qpfc said:

But but but we’re a squad of kids… 

Surely we couldn’t compete with such physical specimens in Arbroath ? 

I’m not joking but that’s probably one of the most one sided games I’ve seen QP involved in for a long time. Would of been a travesty had Arbroath took anything from that

All round we were superb and a goal was nothing less than Paton deserved. He was outstanding today, as was Dom Thomas who was up against a right back that played like he was dragged from the stand to fill in 

Also Jack Spong might be the best footballer in the world. Absolutely faultless in the middle of the park 

This QP side are no mugs again this season

I had my doubts when I seen some Arbroath fans say they have a squad that would be incredibly competitive in this league. Today reinforced my doubts by x100. They looked awful everywhere. Bird looked hopeless up top. I worry the bubble might have burst now for Dick 

Right, you’re obviously that guy, can’t just enjoy the result, you’re not saying anything about us that we don’t know, now, go and enjoy you’re evening, while we wallow in self pity

thank you

46 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Also Jack Spong might be the best footballer in the world. Absolutely faultless in the middle of the park 

Thought Spong was Man of the Match by a country mile, (Mal Boateng who????).  

It's the most balanced midfield we've had in a long time and as you rightly say about as one-sided a game as you could get....reminded me of the Hamilton game at Hampden last year.

Would love to say the back four were good too, but they really didn't have a huge amount to do....loved seeing Fox being back to his old rampaging self.  McPherson looked very very good going forward.

It'll be interesting to see how we fare against the Tayside and Fife teams

I liked a lot about what I saw today, and I'm still relatively unconvinced about a few other things. If we'd been more clinical that could've been 5-0 at half time, but I feel like last season we wouldn't have won at all after throwing the lead away.

Some of the football we're playing really is incredible. As has already been mentioned, Jack Spong looks outrageously good; he's also considerably more physical than Boateng ever was, and more importantly he's actually our player.

Genuinely don't think this team is even half as good yet as it could be in a couple of months. A lot of them are still adjusting to the new manager, environment, and style of play, but it's been a very decent start.

3 hours ago, mcjameos said:

That's not very nice. Prices are ridiculous tho'. That said, if people stopped paying them......... 

FFS that is terrible price. Social Club prices are shocking too. £28 for four pints and a spirit! Cheaper down the Clockwork.

I thought our 'tippy-tappy team of youngsters' were to get schooled no? 

Will get caught out a few times at the back, and we have to convert more of our chances, but that was very good to watch, and we will get better.

Looking forward to the highlights. Hope they include ......'get it up you Campbell. You look like a bus driver!'.

1 hour ago, ellichtie said:

What’s the deal with the fake crowd noises on the speaker from the director’s box side of the pitch? Absolutely fried me the whole game

Wait till the lack of atmosphere, when there’s a 1000 in big Hampden 

First half was an absolute stroll, and great for Hepburn to get off the mark. Second half I thought we regressed a fair bit. Didn't get off to a great start with an indirect free kick for a pass back, from my view of it (👀) it genuinely looked like a tackle from Tizzard, but I can understand why it was given. That Arbroath failed to score from that golden opportunity summed them up for me. Of course, while we became incredibly wasteful with poor crosses from either open play or set pieces, Arbroath hit us on the counter and scored their one good chance of the game. Delighted Paton got a deserved winner in the end. Thought Thomas and Spong were particular standouts today, the Arbroath RB will be having nightmares all week.

Looking forward to the reverse fixture now, especially as I missed both trips last year. Until then I look forward to more smokie tears about pointless shit like the price of a pie (Greggs is literally a 30 second walk from the "stadium") or shite hot take posts like "Lesser is rubbish" which literally every single QP fan knows and agrees with.

That was my first trip to lesser.

It’s all a bit strange.  Chandeliers in the royal box, fans on ladders peering over fences, small groups of fans watching from a nearby hill, weird acoustics.

As for the football  we were miles better than Arbroath but I still wouldn’t have been surprised if we hadn’t won.

We really should have scored a few more and we need to become a bit more clinical.

Should be fun to watch this season.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

£7.30 for a pie and some sweets. 

I hope this club dies 

Rein yersel in, ya fuckwit. Bring your own sweeties to the next game. Your mum should have sorted that out.

As to the game, we had so many balls whacked across the front of the goal but couldn't get on the end of them, which was a wee bit concerning. I thought Arbroath's defending was outstanding.

29 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That was my first trip to lesser.

It’s all a bit strange.  Chandeliers in the royal box, fans on ladders peering over fences, small groups of fans watching from a nearby hill, weird acoustics.

As for the football  we were miles better than Arbroath but I still wouldn’t have been surprised if we hadn’t won.

We really should have scored a few more and we need to become a bit more clinical.

Should be fun to watch this season.

Yeah, that's our new USP, 'the only chandelier equipped stadium in Scotland'!

3 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Yeah, apparently this game was very winnable given we've 'signed a bunch of kids'.  I think @ExiledLichtie has perhaps just had an Alan Hansen moment.

Last week, we shipped 4 goals going on 10 to Dundee United, and barely even had the ball in their half.  You managed a narrow 2-1 victory over us.  Anyone would think you'd just put 6 goals past us!

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Last week, we shipped 4 goals going on 10 to Dundee United, and barely even had the ball in their half.  You managed a narrow 2-1 victory over us.  Anyone would think you'd just put 6 goals past us!

3 points. That's what it's all about. 64% possession. Your team defended very well and deserve credit for that.

United relied on a 95th minute equaliser at home; guess who's happier?

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Anyone who saw that game, would have thought putting six past you would have been kind.  It was many things, but 'narrow' ain't one of them.   The midfield performance was so good it made even our kit look good.  I loved what DC did with Arbroath getting you to the top end of the Championship the year before last  but your midfield, and the right side of your defence was statuesque...and not in a good way.  Hope he sorts it out for you soon.

Look let’s be honest. That was utterly ridiculous ExiledLichtie banging on about how we were playing a bunch of kids. No sensible Arbroath fan thought that, I personally had the fear. 

And for me it actually went better than I expected which might surprise QP fans. Tam, Ricky and Gaston were all good which is important, the only issue is that Ricky was only so good because he had to bail Steele out multiple times who got absolutely rinsed by Thomas and Hepburn throughout. Stewart on the other hand at left back actually done reasonably well. 

We definitely weren’t good but we weren’t really poor either it was a pretty meh performance and we could’ve easily taken something. We weren’t at it in the first half at all and the second half was a bit all over the place in regards to the game but I didn’t think it was as one sided as what some have said. I actually thought at 1-1 we could’ve gone on to take more, can’t remember QP missing any real glaring opportunities either.

They had plenty in and around the box but thought we blocked and defended well in and around there for the most part. Also saying Bird is hopeless is just a naive comment to make, he barely had anything to work with the first half and didn’t have much time on the park in the second half. 

I have no idea what to expect next week I really don’t know what is going to happen. QP were decent but not as good as I expected and I think if we got 2 solid signings in that we need in holding midfield and at left back then we could win that game.

However I have zero confidence in the group at the moment as there’s been a negative energy at Gayfield for home games for quite some time now.

Lesser really is just a failed experiment and I have no idea what or why or how it went ahead.

Do they play QP chants over the tannoys? At one point I thought we were hearing echos from Ibrox but every corner there was a ‘Come on you Queens’ coming from the other side of the park…. And it definitely wasn’t coming from the handful of people sitting in the directors box 

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

3 points. That's what it's all about. 64% possession. Your team defended very well and deserve credit for that.

United relied on a 95th minute equaliser at home; guess who's happier?

So a full time team with a huge stack of cash winning a game by a single goal causes this kind of gloating?  Interesting.  

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Do they play QP chants over the tannoys? At one point I thought we were hearing echos from Ibrox but every corner there was a ‘Come on you Queens’ coming from the other side of the park…. And it definitely wasn’t coming from the handful of people sitting in the directors box 

Nah it's the weird acoustics at that daft wee ground. It sounds the same at the other end when the away fans make a bit of noise too.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Looking forward to the highlights. Hope they include ......'get it up you Campbell. You look like a bus driver!'.

"A single to League One please driver"

CutPaste_2023-08-12_19-18-49-757.jpg.96b41a26f2151c71251c74d97dcbfa93.jpg

Edited by Zanetti