Queens v Annan

29 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

Mimnaugh on then subbed off. Injury?

He wasn't. Must have been a mistake. 

Taking the emotion out the game and looking objectively that was as comfortable a home win as QoS will get all season. Should really have been 2/3 up by HT and controlled the majority of the game before and after the QoS goals. After we skelped the bar I fully expected us to go home without scoring as it felt like "One of those days". Thankfully we got a bit of fortune eventually and got the equaliser. A neutral probably knew what was coming after that.

Thought McKechnie was our best player. One of the few to get really involved in the first half and looked dangerous throughout. Thought Gavin was hooked too early. He was getting right into the game. His composure and finish for his goal was brilliant but his composure for the 3rd was excellent. 

Cochrane has looked off it the last two home games, hopefully finds his form again soon. 

Thought the ref made some questionable decisions at times. Don't think anyone knew it was a penalty for us. Booking (correctly) Walker for a dive but not sending off Smith for the exact same offence? 

Annan are in for a long hard season I reckon. Really weren't good at all. Purely for the time-wasting from the minute they scored - get it right fucking up eez :)

39 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

How is Wullie 

We made hard work of that gifting a goal then doing everything far 

Reilly pen summed us up in the  1st half very frustrating .

2nd half was much the same till the Connely goal then we moved up a gear Annan started to tire . 

Gibson never a centre back he even made Reilly look quick something he sadly is not anymore although he took his goal well .

Nice well worked 3rd goal .

1 hour ago, QOSfan019 said:

Really happy with our second half performance today good to finally silence the noisy neighbours was surprised to see wullie booed though 

Same. Don’t understand why idiots boo someone who has been a great player for us in the past just because they don’t play for us anymore. May as well stay at home if that’s the way you think the team should be supported 

11 minutes ago, The rocket man said:

Same. Don’t understand why idiots boo someone who has been a great player for us in the past just because they don’t play for us anymore. May as well stay at home if that’s the way you think the team should be supported 

Commented about that at the game. Mental behaviour. When I asked my pal why folk are booing him someone shouted "because he's racist". Innocent until proven guilty in full swing there. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Commented about that at the game. Mental behaviour. When I asked my pal why folk are booing him someone shouted "because he's racist". Innocent until proven guilty in full swing there. 

If it wasn’t that for his reasons to shout abuse then it would have been something different. So he thinks it’s fine for him to abuse Wullie when he’s on the pitch but that’s not classed as doing anything wrong. These idiots are just that in my opinion 

A tale of two first half penalties. I was surprised Walker got a booking after his mazy run as it looked to me as if he could have got a shot away with only the keeper to beat.

Anyone any idea what the penalty was awarded for? Everyone was shocked around me as most were content with a goal kick. Can only have been a sliding out of control tackle with intent as didn't appear to be any or much contact

1 minute ago, queenslad said:

A tale of two first half penalties. I was surprised Walker got a booking after his mazy run as it looked to me as if he could have got a shot away with only the keeper to beat.

Anyone any idea what the penalty was awarded for? Everyone was shocked around me as most were content with a goal kick. Can only have been a sliding out of control tackle with intent as didn't appear to be any or much contact

Aye? I thought it was a blatant dive. I was pretty furious with him for going down tbh. He seems prone to a dive or two in the short spell I've seen him. 

No idea what the penalty was awarded for. I'm assuming it was a late challenge on whoever hit the shot. Will need to see the highlights to clear it up. 

1 minute ago, queenslad said:

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thought the ref made some questionable decisions at times. Don't think anyone knew it was a penalty for us. 

Could see pretty clearly from the main stand that the ref had given a pen, although that's maybe coz I just happened to look at him whereas others might've been following the ball. Didn't hear the whistle right enough.

Dom Doherty slid in to block the shot and caught McKechnie after the shot had gone. Technically, if the ball was still in play, it's the right call, regardless of him getting the shot away. Still a surprise to see it given though.

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

2nd half was much the same till the Connely goal then we moved up a gear Annan started to tire . 

Surely you're not giving that goal to Connelly?! Cracking shot, but it came back off the bar, hit Fleming on the back, then Gibson made a mess of it on the line. Either a Fleming or a Gibson Own Goal, definitely not Connelly's.

Agree about Annan tiring, but understandable when they're part time and short on numbers. Still think they need to strengthen if they're to stay up.

37 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Could see pretty clearly from the main stand that the ref had given a pen, although that's maybe coz I just happened to look at him whereas others might've been following the ball. Didn't hear the whistle right enough.

Dom Doherty slid in to block the shot and caught McKechnie after the shot had gone. Technically, if the ball was still in play, it's the right call, regardless of him getting the shot away. Still a surprise to see it given though.

Surely you're not giving that goal to Connelly?! Cracking shot, but it came back off the bar, hit Fleming on the back, then Gibson made a mess of it on the line. Either a Fleming or a Gibson Own Goal, definitely not Connelly's.

Agree about Annan tiring, but understandable when they're part time and short on numbers. Still think they need to strengthen if they're to stay up.

Not only Greenacres giving Connelly as scorer, BBC reports and results also gave it to Connelly. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not only Greenacres giving Connelly as scorer, BBC reports and results also gave it to Connelly. 

The stadium announcer (who seems to have settled generally) also managed to say Aidan Smith scored Annan's goal.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The stadium announcer (who seems to have settled generally) also managed to say Aidan Smith scored Annan's goal.

Your lucky you could make out what he said, my ears were still hurting from that heavy metal track he played just before kick-off. The volume does tend to fluctuate when he reads things out, scorers and substitutions are often muffled. 

44 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye well, bear in mind this is the same source that also reported a 5-4 QoS penalty win against Motherwell a month ago. 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Aye we got gubbed.Fair do's.

We run with a small squad and injuries left us thin on the ground.

Great away day tho, cheap booze and good crack.

What was the half time draw number ? I'll give it to charity if its mine 

You're lucky you got a chance to enter the draw, no one selling half time draw tickets outside (or inside) the Oakbank Terrace turnstiles when I went in at 2:20. Not an isolated occurrence either.   I don't think they've even give the winning half time draw number on the OS now. 

Glad you had a good day, apart from the score obvs. 

Was surprised penalty was given, probably the right decision but normally only given after VAR pores over it for 5 minutes before letting the ref have another look. Given we missed the opportunity to level it didn’t change the outcome of the game. 

Annan looked like a poor league 2 side to me on the day, will need to get players back fit or signings in or could be a long hard season for them. Very similar in style and quality to Edinburgh last week, got their goal and attempted to sit deep but a lack of quality in the second half coupled with us finally finding a little of ours. 

Not sure what Walker was doing with his dive, looked from the main stand like he had beaten the last defender (Gibson) and was clean through before needlessly throwing himself to the ground. Awful dive too, didn’t even make it look good (not that we want to see it anyway). 

10 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Was surprised penalty was given, probably the right decision but normally only given after VAR pores over it for 5 minutes before letting the ref have another look. Given we missed the opportunity to level it didn’t change the outcome of the game. 

Annan looked like a poor league 2 side to me on the day, will need to get players back fit or signings in or could be a long hard season for them. Very similar in style and quality to Edinburgh last week, got their goal and attempted to sit deep but a lack of quality in the second half coupled with us finally finding a little of ours. 

Not sure what Walker was doing with his dive, looked from the main stand like he had beaten the last defender (Gibson) and was clean through before needlessly throwing himself to the ground. Awful dive too, didn’t even make it look good (not that we want to see it anyway). 

Even from the Oakbank Terrace Walker's dive looked so obvious. As for the penalty we did get, I still don't know what it was for, there were no obvious claims by Queens players. Reilly should be off pens now too. Must say the new pitch looks good but there seems to be a lot of players losing their footing, and at crucial times, hopefully not something that's going to be an  ongoing problem.