The Little Things.

On 15/08/2023 at 22:04, Hedgecutter said:

That mid-whizz surprise moment of "I forgot I had asparagus for dinner earlier".

I once had the unfortunate experience of forgetting my boyfriend at time had had asparagus at dinner 🤢🤣🤢

5 minutes ago, dagane said:

Having enough time left on your parking ticket to make it worthwhile passing on to another driver as you leave the car park (also nice to receive)

I have never done this, nor had it done to me. Is this a real thing?

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

It is. Or was certainly. I've noticed a lot of meters now ask you to input your reg number to combat this :(

Edited by Trackdaybob
Fuckin so called smart phone

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Works in killie , you've to pay for a minimum hour ,but any business I have takes about 15 minutes max ,still just an old style ticket with no number plates

2 hours ago, dagane said:

Having enough time left on your parking ticket to make it worthwhile passing on to another driver as you leave the car park (also nice to receive)

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

It is. Or was certainly. I've noticed a lot of meters now ask you to input your reg number to combat this :(

We were at Yellowcraig Beach car park a few weeks ago and went to the ticket machine to get a ticket for a 2 hour stay. Just as I was about to stick a £2 coin in the slot, a woman who was leaving pulled up and handed me her all-day ticket. Naturally, we passed it on to someone else when we left.

Very common amongst guid fowk.

3 hours ago, dagane said:

A woman tried to do this at a Dunfermline car park, when I put my hand out to take the ticket, the c**t asked for half the value of the ticket, I told her to bolt.

4 hours ago, dagane said:

Good lad.

About 6 months ago I was behind a boy in the manual car wash queue and he must have pressed the wrong button or rung it through twice because he still had 7mins left when he finished.

He got in his car and never moved. I was bylin' but just burst out laughing when he turned to face me. (You park side on as hoses aren't long enough to reckon front to back).

5 hours ago, dagane said:

Used to do that with all-day tickets on the bus. Since it’s all on an app now it’s not really possible. Sometimes I’ll get a return on the train because it’s cheaper than a single (I fucking know) and keep the return ticket in the machine in the hope that someone will need it.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

This morning I went upstairs after my morning coffee to find only two sheets of toilet paper left on the roll. Imagine my delight at passing one of these.

Did you find this out after committing or did it come as a surprise?