Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

I am otherwise engaged today, but I’ll be checking up on the score to see how we’re doing.

From what I’ve seen so far - games away at Annan and Hibs - we are still a work in progress and we’re pretty similar to last season.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looks like there's only about 30 tickets left for sale in the away end now. 

Fingers crossed that for once at East End, the players also turn up. 

Really hope  the players do turn up, every time the fans turnout for the club, the team ultimately don’t play well. My fear is “that” defence. If we don’t get the basics right it could be a robust humping for us. 

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Do you actually re-watch games that you drew 13 years ago for pleasure? Odd behaviour

Not every night, no. But last night I watched it. Clear as day, “we fucking hate you” so yeah. The argument was that was never the song. But the video suggests otherwise. Sorry champ. 

It was initially started as ‘we fkn hate you, your just a wee team’  then a few older heads soon realised it would make more sense to have it as ‘we don’t even hate you’ and the two have both been sang ever since. For 90 minutes when we play them I do hate them though but not arsed in the slightest any time in between. The Falkirk one runs deeper though imo. Wanted Raith to win against the **** in the Ramsden Cup Final and wanted them up in the same division as us. Whereas with Falkirk I’d take a holiday Monday even if they got beat at dominos. 

22 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Whilst I'm glad you don't hate or care about us now but why did you hate us 10 years ago? 

I've never said anything of the sort.

I also consider Raith to one of our two great rivals and always look forward to games against your lot.

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Ten minutes into the walk from my house to East End and been called Rovers scum four times 😂

Not a good look for us. C’mon guys, we are better than that.

should have been double figures 

Edited by parsforlife

RaithTV just confirmed that the clubs reached a reciprocal agreement to allow each other to broadcast video to international subscribers respectively. That means international ParsTV fans will be able to watch games a Stark’s Park.

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What did the flag say? Couldn’t read it. 

Ours? Just had an Intercity train at the front then carriages that were done up to look like they had Dunfermline Athletic spray painted on, graffiti style. 

Proper harum-scarum stuff from both teams, going at 100 miles an hour and a few hefty challenges going in. Good derby fare. Interesting that for all the talk about Dick being out (fnarr fnarr), our best chance came down the Raith right. Still not sure how the second shot stayed out.

The Pars are getting all of the advantages of playing the back three, without having to deal with the disadvantages. Chalmers and Otoo should be having a torrid time trying to deal with our midfield three, but we're spending most of our time trying to go down the flanks, despite the lack of a left back. 

None of Stanton, Byrne and Brown are doing badly individually, but they're not controlling the game. 

Nevermind, 1-0, fucking up yees