Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

8 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Tried to phone East End - no answer. 

My lads have acquired a drum, will they get in with it or taken off them if they bring it along?

Will get it taken off them and big German jackboot put straight through the skin of it for their troubles.  That’ll show them.

All the social media build up from Rovers is very entertaining.  Feels very like how Falkirk tried to play up their first big derby game at home last season where we just did the usual couple of pieces, nothing too pointed or controversial.  The same outcome today would be very welcome.

Btw - anyone got that gif of Tade getting upended by Fleming and the entire Rovers end going up in unanimous rage and disbelief?  Marvellous piece of footage.

Dunfermline fans claiming that “it’s just another league game” while simultaneously saying that they’re confident because their team “are in the habit of turning up for the big occasions” is an amusing take. 

FWIW, now that the day is here the pessimism is setting in. My daughters first trip to East End- don’t think we’ve won there in her lifetime, let’s hope she’s not the jinx 😬

18 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

My lads have acquired a drum, will they get in with it or taken off them if they bring it along?

Can't think of away teams bringing a drum in before, sure they would get it back at the end of the game if they can't take it into the ground

31 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

It shouldn’t be an issue getting the drum in, I think most grounds allow it. 

15 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Dunfermline fans claiming that “it’s just another league game” while simultaneously saying that they’re confident because their team “are in the habit of turning up for the big occasions” is an amusing take. 

But it is just another league game. 
It’s against our local rivals so it makes it as big an occasion for us as it does you. 
none of us want to lose this one, and a draw can GTF. But if by some bizarre miracle end up a draw, then we’ll start our “banter” again next time we meet. 

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It is, but they desperately try to claim and pretend otherwise.

Watch the 2-2 game back in 2011. Just before Iain Williamson scores to make it 2-1. Clear as day, “we fucking hate you, you’re just a wee team” but hey, you go with your narrative. 😀

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Glad I saw this. I thought the game was today. Sums up our club’s social media.

IMG_6399.jpeg

What a glorious sight. A championship ground with four all seated stands. Raith only have three and a third, but at least the ground is their own. That’s even better than the three sided cess pit the six fingered mutants rent from their coonsil. 

Edited by Wacky

Not the worst derby build up by any means.

Funny how Pars fans who say it doesnt matter are all over Rovers social media. Guess the new media team need to earn a wage sure it's a bit cringe but no problem with then keeping fans engaged. 

I have zero idea what theirs looks like as I simply don't care enough to check. Old firm levels of patter or any fans posting tripe on opposition media. 

Optimistic but the earlier post worrying about "anaemic Rovers" at East End fair takes the wind out the sails. 

This year's championship is seriously tasty and hugely undervalued by those in charge. 

When I was a kid, the Rovers fans at school used to sing “I’d rather be a Paki than a Par”

I’m also old enough to remember Pars fans at Starks singing about Tade “selling watches on the beach”.

Both clubs have thick c***s in our support is the moral.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When I was a kid, the Rovers fans at school used to sing “I’d rather be a Paki than a Par”

I’m also old enough to remember Pars fans at Starks singing about Tade “selling watches on the beach”.

Both clubs have thick c***s in our support is the moral.

This is very true. I remember there was a game a while back when someone drunkenly decided to try to start up "I'd rather be a Paki than a Par" and which got a lot of stares and people telling him to shut the f**k up. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This is very true. I remember there was a game a while back when someone drunkenly decided to try to start up "I'd rather be a Paki than a Par" and which got a lot of stares and people telling him to shut the f**k up. 

The new generation basically admitting that out of the two options they would rather support Dunfermline

28 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Not the worst derby build up by any means.

Funny how Pars fans who say it doesnt matter are all over Rovers social media. Guess the new media team need to earn a wage sure it's a bit cringe but no problem with then keeping fans engaged. 

I have zero idea what theirs looks like as I simply don't care enough to check. Old firm levels of patter or any fans posting tripe on opposition media. 

Optimistic but the earlier post worrying about "anaemic Rovers" at East End fair takes the wind out the sails. 

This year's championship is seriously tasty and hugely undervalued by those in charge. 

Sorry.

31 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Watch the 2-2 game back in 2011. Just before Iain Williamson scores to make it 2-1. Clear as day, “we fucking hate you, you’re just a wee team” but hey, you go with your narrative. 😀

That was over 10 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As nonsensical as it sounds, the fans have always chanted “We fucking hate you, yer just a wee team”.

Nah, it started that way but quickly morphed in to the other one (albeit a couple of folk still go with the "We fucking hate you" silliness).

33 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Do you actually re-watch games that you drew 13 years ago for pleasure? Odd behaviour

10 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

The new generation basically admitting that out of the two options they would rather support Dunfermline

I was about to say thank goodness folk have moved for from such racist nonsense and then up you pop.

Back to your cave I think.