Cove v Queens

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll need to see the footage. It's inconclusive from that vlog. If we don't appeal it he'll receive his ban. 

Spitting is manky. I wouldn't have him hung drawn and quartered the way you would mind you. That you think a punch in the face isn't as bad as spitting is quite incredible though. 

Is it? If he was reacted with a push or a punch that’s human nature. John Prescott etc, but to spit on someone’s face is just the lowest of the low. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

Nah it was the usual. You see players squeezing their legs around players necks every week in fitba...

So he gobbled on someone’s face to make it right, right in front of the referee? At a minimum he is looking at a ban and there is footage (apparently) of the incident. 

Im all for defending your own players but spitting on someone’s face is the lowest of the low.

Like I said the irony is you were WAY the better team.

Don't think anyone's defending the player, just  don't think anyone's seen any firm evidence that it happened apart from only you mentioning it. As for the police getting involved, I very much doubt they will, it'll probably be dealt with by the football authorities, unless someone brings charges. If its proved he did spit then he'll deserve heavy punishment. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

Is it? If he was reacted with a push or a punch that’s human nature. John Prescott etc, but to spit on someone’s face is just the lowest of the low. 

No, I think punching someone in the face is far worse than a bit of grog. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

So what you are saying that spitting on someone’s face is acceptable?

You could always ask Paul McGowan.

(From wikipedia):  In July 2018 McGowan was again convicted of assault, this time for spitting on a bouncer outside a Dundee nightclub two months earlier after attending the club's annual awards event, he again avoided a prison sentence for the offence

Edited by Slipmat

2 hours ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

...your keeper spitting in someone’s face...

...spits on another human beings face...

2 hours ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

...spit on someone’s face...

...to gob in his face...

1 hour ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

...spitting on someone’s face...

...he gobbled on someone’s face...

...spitting on someone’s face...

...to spit on someone’s face...

So what exactly happened?

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

Pretty poor from Botterill if that’s what has happened. I would say the ref wouldn’t send him off without seeing the incident so got to assume he has seen it all. 

David Marshall subbed at half time yesterday for Hibs so not sure if Johnson coming back after Thursday is less likely now. Happy enough with Cowie short term anyway. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes, he's just going for that macho posturing thing isn't he?  He'd rather be assaulted 'like a man'.

I wouldn't.  Being spat on would be pretty revolting, but being punched would be really sore.  No contest.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's a difficult one to be fair, a punch in the face with maybe a broken nose or jaw, visits to the hospital in pain, maybe out of action for a few games OR a bit  spit in the face which you can wipe off in seconds. Spitting on someone is vile and rightly frowned upon, but surely physically injuring someone is far more serious. 

Of course, words can hurt too.

An Ill considered comment may cause some offence and upset for a period of time. Depending on the person’s mental state this could be far worse than a crack in the jaw or spit in the face. 

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's a difficult one to be fair, a punch in the face with maybe a broken nose or jaw, visits to the hospital in pain, maybe out of action for a few games OR a bit  spit in the face which you can wipe off in seconds. Spitting on someone is vile and rightly frowned upon, but surely physically injuring someone is far more serious. 

Or in Megginson's case take about 5 minutes to wipe off. Must have been a right grogger from Botterill.

1 minute ago, qos_75 said:

Of course, words can hurt too.

An Ill considered comment may cause some offence and upset for a period of time. Depending on the person’s mental state this could be far worse than a crack in the jaw or spit in the face. 

Yes but it wouldn't be a sending off offence unless racist or bigoted, etc. Imagine getting sent off for telling an opponent he had a shit hairstyle for instance. I doubt if there's time during a heated moment to assess someone's mental state. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Or in Megginson's case take about 5 minutes to wipe off. Must have been a right grogger from Botterill.

Assuming it happened of course. Not sure if there's any proof been shown on video, or comments from either Club, just this Plimsole guy mentioning it. IF it did happen I'd be very disappointed in Botterill. No other Cove supporter seems to be on about it either. 

Is Megginson entirely innocent in this? I don't condone spitting in any way, but I'd imagine something has happened to get Botterill so incensed so quickly. Has Megginson said something to Botterill? If so, I doubt it was along the lines of "jolly well done old chap" to produce that response, aye?

Remember, Zidane's famous headbutt reaction to Italy's Materazzi in the WC final ... a response to something really unpleasant uttered by Materazzi.

Suggest there's two sides to these sort of events and we shouldn't appoint blame until the facts are known.

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Assuming it happened of course. Not sure if there's any proof been shown on video, or comments from either Club, just this Plimsole guy mentioning it. IF it did happen I'd be very disappointed in Botterill. No other Cove supporter seems to be on about it either. 

Would be amazed if true that Botterill deliberately spat on someone.

Strange only one  fan at  the game seems to have seen it .

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Assuming it happened of course. Not sure if there's any proof been shown on video, or comments from either Club.

It’s mentioned in Cove’s match report on their website. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy Plimsoles MBE said:

Nah it was the usual. You see players squeezing their legs around players necks every week in fitba...

So he gobbled on someone’s face to make it right, right in front of the referee? At a minimum he is looking at a ban and there is footage (apparently) of the incident. 

Im all for defending your own players but spitting on someone’s face is the lowest of the low.

Like I said the irony is you were WAY the better team.

My pal at the game said it looked like he spat at him. I can’t condone that although provoked and Meggison was winding him up. Let’s try and get the facts. 

In terms of the game I thought Queens were magnificent against a strong team that passed the ball around well. It’s a game we would have crumbled in during the previous 2 seasons. 

I think Marv has the makings of a terrific manager. The way he has signed technically good players with a promise to develop them with us is savvy. We are very well organised and extremely fit.

I thought the whole back line was terrific yesterday but Mom for me was Ambrose. He was an absolute colossus. Closely followed by McLelland. 

I’m gobsmacked that we were able to winkle out Mimnaugh who was superb again with his control in midfield and sensational strike. 

Up front Walker was a pacy handful but the star in that area was again Gav who gave everything against a very tall and aggressive defence. He has really worked on fitness in pre season and his application was inspirational.

We were rapid on the counter and put our bodies on the line in defence.

That  was a key indicator of where we are likely to finish. On this showing we will be there or there abouts at the end of the season…..if we can keep hold of Marv. 

I still think we need to recruit a big, strong forward before the window closes but if we can do that I’m optimistic….

Tough day at the office for Cove. Extremely poor display and we got what we deserved.

I really dislike our LB Jacob Jones, said it before a few time he looks out of his depth and his error to clear his lines led to Harvey opening the scoring early on. First time I've seen the latter and definitely an asset with his blistering pace. Reilly hustles the opposition defence, always busy.

Burrell (twice), Scully and McGowan all incapable to finish decent chances shortly after going behind. Goals change games and we needed to tuck at least one of them away. Thought as half time was approaching we were slightly unlucky to be going in 1-0 down then Minnaugh sticks his free kick in the postage stamp. Queen's 2 shots, both on target and 2 goals.

Was a mountain to climb going into the second half. We showed no creativity in that 45 minutes, Queen's looked comfortable with us continually launching long balls hoping for second balls to fall our way. Didn't win a first ball in Queen's box all day. Credit to the away side, resolute and fought onto the lead, but all too easy to defend against from a Cove viewpoint.

Without Fyvie and Yule the build up play is non-existent and midfield is bypassed constantly.

McGowan did nothing and adds very little for me. He should/will be sub when the above 2 return. 

Stats showed we had more possession, more shots and more shots on target (just) but that doesn't tell the story. We were passive on the ball and out-with the first 30 minutes barely threatened.  Hardly worked Botterill or Cowie.

QoS defended admirably and deserved the points without looking potent up top or troubling Demus. Did enough and that's what counts on the day, especially when away from home.

Screenshot_2023-08-28-10-14-49-11_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922