Partick Thistle vs QP

3 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If by 'hipster' you mean folk with hip replacements, then I imagine it would be pretty accurate for us.

Yeah, that hip replacement means I do spend a lot more time trying to do up the turn-ups of my denim dungarees these days. 

QP now 14/5 on B365 for this, mental stuff, we look quite off the pace compared to last season at the moment and our defence gives me very little confidence right now. 

Don't actually want to score first in this one after the last two league games, if by some miracle we can keep it 0-0 until a 93rd minute winner for us then I'd be confident of a draw. 

51 minutes ago, thistledo said:

QP now 14/5 on B365 for this, mental stuff, we look quite off the pace compared to last season at the moment and our defence gives me very little confidence right now. 

Don't actually want to score first in this one after the last two league games, if by some miracle we can keep it 0-0 until a 93rd minute winner for us then I'd be confident of a draw. 

To be fair, I definitely remember a game where we made it 1-0 in about the 88th minute and still lost 2-1. I’m sure Higginbotham scored so would’ve been about 2014-ish. Can’t mind who against thought. 

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To be fair, I definitely remember a game where we made it 1-0 in about the 88th minute and still lost 2-1. I’m sure Higginbotham scored so would’ve been about 2014-ish. Can’t mind who against thought. 

Hamilton Accies at home. That was an era where it felt like we chucked late leads a bunch of times.

There was another Accies game around that time where Andreu scored very late for a 3-3 draw. I can also remember St Mirren scoring a last second penalty to take points at Firhill, which maybe happened more than once? As well that there were a couple of stinkers against Hibs, and the infamous Motherwell away where Higginbotham was incredible but still ended up on the losing side as we conceded two late goals to lose 4-3.

And don't get me started on the abject bottle jobs when the blue bigots returned to the league a couple of years later.

"Thistle'd it" is not something which began in Dingwall a few months ago.

Edited by Nightmare

Going from 2-0 at 90 minutes to 2-2 vs St Johnstone at Firhill in Mccalls first spell another classic of the genre. 

QP in the 5-4 game in the challenge cup and 2-1 vs Airdrie later that season when we all but won the league are the only late doubles in our favour that I can remember 

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Going from 2-0 at 90 minutes to 2-2 vs St Johnstone at Firhill in Mccalls first spell another classic of the genre. 

QP in the 5-4 game in the challenge cup and 2-1 vs Airdrie later that season when we all but won the league are the only late doubles in our favour that I can remember 

There was the 3-1 game against Dundee where Lewis fucking Mansell scored too. But aye, slim pickings overall. 

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On checking soccerbase that game was exactly 9 years ago today, has our goal time at 85 minutes with Accies scoring in 87 and 90.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Hamilton Accies at home. That was an era where it felt like we chucked late leads a bunch of times.

It didn't just 'feel like it', it was actually happening. The common factor, if course, was Alan Archibald. I heard some argue that it was good to actually be leading games at all, and we still picked up some points, but was completely soul-destroying.  I think the second late collapse to Rangers in that season was the start of Archibald's decline in earnest, proving he really wasn't quite the manager it was hoped he was.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

It didn't just 'feel like it', it was actually happening. The common factor, if course, was Alan Archibald. I heard some argue that it was good to actually be leading games at all, and we still picked up some points, but was completely soul-destroying.  I think the second late collapse to Rangers in that season was the start of Archibald's decline in earnest, proving he really wasn't quite the manager it was hoped he was.

The collapse went full on after the split. Top 6 !!. Draw at Hearts then pumped 4 times. Understandable at that level but we carried it on for 2 years

19 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

There was another Accies game around that time where Andreu scored very late for a 3-3 draw. I can also remember St Mirren scoring a last second penalty to take points at Firhill, which maybe happened more than once? As well that there were a couple of stinkers against Hibs, and the infamous Motherwell away where Higginbotham was incredible but still ended up on the losing side as we conceded two late goals to lose 4-3.

And don't get me started on the abject bottle jobs when the blue bigots returned to the league a couple of years later.

"Thistle'd it" is not something which began in Dingwall a few months ago.

The 3-3 game with Hamilton was unreal, we were 2-0 down early on, said to my brother if this hits 3 am away back to the pub, we then scored three and it was an absolute riot as it felt like revenge for the 2-1 game... Then Andreu scored with basically the last kick of the ball. Was awful. 

Remember the Motherwell game as well, leaving thinking it's hard to deny that was quite a spectacle of football but at the same time absolutely brutal.

All in I've lost count the amount of points we threw away from winning positions in those days, vaguely recall someone calculating it and posting it on here, perhaps @Fuctifano?

Hope to f**k we don't return to those days of bottling games regularly. 

Edited by thistledo

Yeah I did but think that sheet died with an old laptop.

I remember there being a surprise in that the 15/16 season we actually gained more points in last 5 minutes than lost (late winners for Stevenson vs ICT and Lawless vs Motherwell come to mind) but the other seasons were brutal in terms of points lost late on, top 6 season in particular. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Yeah I did but think that sheet died with an old laptop.

I remember there being a surprise in that the 15/16 season we actually gained more points in last 5 minutes than lost (late winners for Stevenson vs ICT and Lawless vs Motherwell come to mind) but the other seasons were brutal in terms of points lost late on, top 6 season in particular. 

I think that's probably for the best if I'm honest. 

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

If you want some recent history of a team chucking leads, then look no further than QP's 2021-22 season in L1....more draws than a Spaghetti Western....still, turned out alright in the end!

Had a wee look and if my maths is right, we dropped 31 points from winning positions that season. Madness 

Not a clue how that team got promotion, everything just seemed to align in the playoffs 

Edited by qpfc

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

I think that's probably for the best if I'm honest. 

Had a look at the 2016-17 season just to remind / torture myself.

We took a one goal lead into the last ten minutes on 12 occasions. We won 4, drew 6 and lost 2 (both to Rangers at Firhill :green) so that's 18 points gone

We took a one goal deficit into the last ten minutes on 7 occasions. We won 0, drew 1 (away to Killie) and lost 6, one point gained so net 17 lost in last ten that season.

You're not going to win every tight game but that's horrible.

19 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Had a look at the 2016-17 season just to remind / torture myself.

We took a one goal lead into the last ten minutes on 12 occasions. We won 4, drew 6 and lost 2 (both to Rangers at Firhill :green) so that's 18 points gone

We took a one goal deficit into the last ten minutes on 7 occasions. We won 0, drew 1 (away to Killie) and lost 6, one point gained so net 17 lost in last ten that season.

You're not going to win every tight game but that's horrible.

Thanks for the recap mate. Fair cheered me up. 

giphy.gif.a7939b875e5ff098d144b6b4983cb835.gif

ETA: That last 10 minutes stat is fucking atrocious man! 

Edited by thistledo