Partick Thistle vs QP

No idea what to expect from this game. No idea what to expect from our team. They have exceeded my expectation so far but the opposition has been awful. The one thing that has happened is that we have become a joy to watch and that we obviously have structure and skill. However we are a young team and consistency will be in short supply. I will be happy if we show progress in development and will be very satisfied with a share of the points.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’d expect goals from both these teams but it will be very tight. 2-2 would be a good day out.

I'd buy you a Pie of the Month,hot drink of your choice,a programme and a snicker for that result !.

Edited by I Clavdivs

A draw in isolation wouldn't be a disaster but the longer we go without getting a win on the board the more of an issue it becomes, next two league games after this are away to Morton and Ayr.

Neilson in for Williams at a minimum, definitely scope for freshening up the attack as well as whatever we've done since Tannadice hasn't worked.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Two really...

Aye, right enough. Fine margins in this league as well. Three narrow victories for us and it doesn’t take an awful lot for those outcomes to be different. Nine times out of ten, they probably hang on and win that Raith Rovers game on the opening day as well. Certainly a lot of players who can cause us problems in different ways. Delighted with our start, but this will be an extremely tough game. 

Neilson has to come in for Williams, maybe his partnership with McMillan guarantees him a start but as much as I think he’s a cracking player Lawless could really do with a game on the bench IMO, same could be said for Graham. Can’t say I’m looking forward to this match at the moment. 

Could see Neilson come in as a DM or maybe even a switch to 3 at the back to shore up the midfield.

Still hard to digest Sunday's hounding. Even though it was a rotated Hearts team, they are still better than anything we'll face in the Championship this season.

That of course doesn't mean we won't get the odd doing, if we carry on playing like we have, bu and large, so far this season.

This is pick of the month for me, based solely on last season's encounters mind.

Reading some thistle fan's posts in other sites would have me believe we are doomed to the first division already. The reactionist nonsense is absolutely nuts. We are only three games into a season. We were very good for the first 60 v Raith, also most of the game v DU, the rest of the LC games we were ok in parts and v Airdrie we just didn't get going. Can't comment on our game v hearts but f@ck me, they are third/fourth best in the country, let's not get too panicky losing to them in their own stadium.

QP should win, Thomas seems to be on form, but it's the championship so who can tell. Most importantly I'm expecting outstanding value for money. So a nil nil bore it'll turn out to be.

Not a clue with this one.  

QP knocked lumps out of Thistle at the beginning of last year, after which Thistle returned the favour with interest - all it seemed to take was the removal of McCall, (and Simon Murray from the QP starting line up).  Didn't make the trip to Arbroath but assume Robson and potentially Turner will be back in.  

I had QP down for a comfortable mid-table finish and as with most others have been pleasantly surprised, though as others have also said, it's pretty early days.  Thistle will always be there or thereabout so expect this to be a far sterner test than ICT/Arbroath....honestly can't call it.

52 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not sure about the scoreline for this game, maybe a draw. But if we both play in our home kits for this game it will be the clash of the two worst looking strips in the league. Shockers!

Speak for yourself.

9 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not sure about the scoreline for this game, maybe a draw. But if we both play in our home kits for this game it will be the clash of the two worst looking strips in the league. Shockers!

Explosion in a Licorice allsorts factory.