Banning Children

Kids running about the dog friendly (specifically advertised outside) beer garden, winding up my dog earlier on.  Parents just tutting at me as the dog barks to say "I don't like this, f*** off" as the kids run up to him multiple times.

Every kid that goes there seems to bolt around the place.  Just me, or was that never a thing pre 2000s?

On 08/09/2023 at 18:17, Hedgecutter said:

Kids running about the dog friendly (specifically advertised outside) beer garden, winding up my dog earlier on.  Parents just tutting at me as the dog barks to say "I don't like this, f*** off" as the kids run up to him multiple times.

Every kid that goes there seems to bolt around the place.  Just me, or was that never a thing pre 2000s?

Dugs in a pub is way more welcome than children imo, especially if the kids are running about uncontrolled which seems to be common. 

• 1 month later...

Not trying hard enough. I saw children referred to as "c**t turds" in one similarly edgetacular missive.

Also, the author is apparently OK with having "adult shenanigans" with thirteen year olds. We have a word for people like that.

Seeing as weddings usually involve inviting entirely families, who’s looking after the kids?

It’s entirely someone’s prerogative who they invite to their wedding but don’t act surprised if people tell you to ram it or leave ridiculously early because they don’t have childcare.

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Seeing as weddings usually involve inviting entirely families, who’s looking after the kids?

It’s entirely someone’s prerogative who they invite to their wedding but don’t act surprised if people tell you to ram it or leave ridiculously early because they don’t have childcare.

Weddings are just a kunt of a thing from start to finish anyway. Never mind kids, what about the table plans? Fcuk me, I’m still haunted from mine in 1988 - ‘can’t put Aunt Jean at Table 2 and Aunt Bessie at Table 3, her nose will be out of joint forever… need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other. Where should we sit your cousins coming over from Australia?’

Me… fcuk this, I’m away to the Coca Cola Roller Coaster at the Glasgow Garden Festival. 😜

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other.

No wonder, they sang at Uncle Bill's wedding "How can you stay with a fat girl who'll say 'Oh, would you like to marry me and if you like you can buy the ring'. She doesn't care about anything" 

58 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Never been to a wedding that’s been entirely family. Fortunately I don’t think we know that many people with kids anyway but I’d imagine people would be able to arrange a childminder like they would if they were going out as a couple otherwise. They’d be able to relax at the wedding without worrying about chasing after their kids the whole time, also they’d be leaving early if they had kids in tow either way as kids don’t typically stay up really late anyway. It also enables more friends/family to be invited.

edit: also no screaming children during ceremony, speeches etc. 

All upside, very little downside.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

Don’t mind kids at a wedding. But I understand if they get bored (depending on their age) there is usually a lot of waiting about for them between ceremony and food. We had our two, who were 2 and a half and 6 months at that point and the youngest had to be taken out the ceremony because he was screaming (i think the reason was, he was hungry) which was made worse by me being best man. So i get why people say, not during the day for them. At night, they are brilliant and full of energy. 
Me and Mrs B may have had our last holiday with the boys as they are 16 and 14 and we won’t be away next year. We have discussed the possibility of doing an adults only hotel if we go away again in a few  years, but i did say that for me, a trip abroad has a different feel to it if there is no noise from kids playing around the pool (we done an adults only in 2016) It is maybe as well what i have been used to as well. 

10 hours ago, throbber said:

Absolutely hideous chat. My initial thought are they are stoners/goth types.

It's a country house, they have a wedding website and they're asking people to "reach out". Nothing about this suggests Goth or Stoner. It all points to linkdin motivational sales twats, 

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Weddings are just a kunt of a thing from start to finish anyway. Never mind kids, what about the table plans? Fcuk me, I’m still haunted from mine in 1988 - ‘can’t put Aunt Jean at Table 2 and Aunt Bessie at Table 3, her nose will be out of joint forever… need to seperate Uncle Bill and his clan from the Smiths, they hate each other. Where should we sit your cousins coming over from Australia?’

Me… fcuk this, I’m away to the Coca Cola Roller Coaster at the Glasgow Garden Festival. 😜

I don’t know if i mentioned this earlier in the thread but a cousin of mine (other side of family from the bride who banned kids but allowed exceptions) decided to mix the guests up entirely so everyone could mingle and my mother ended up at a table with children and her. Definitely a passive aggressive swipe for something she had done to upset them. 

We had loads of kids at our wedding. We planned our day differently - wedding was at 2 (I think), followed by the reception and food. Kids going mental having fun at a wee disco while all hyped up on sugary things. By 5 it was done and everyone went home, then the wife and I went to see a show in the evening. 

Had we wanted the traditional piss-up into the wee hours we probably would have had to ban kids, or at least discourage them.