Queen’s Park V Pars

Dom Thomas was our best player by a mile, then left and became one of the best players for a side that almost won the Championship last season.

I love KRH but, at least for now, it’s not even a contest.

As for this game, will be wacky watching the Pars at Hampden in front of 2,000 folk max. Hopefully tickets aren’t too mad.

Unless our injury situation improves *massively* though, we have very little chance and I’d bite your hand off for a point.

25 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As for this game, will be wacky watching the Pars at Hampden in front of 2,000 folk max. Hopefully tickets aren’t too mad.

Crowd will be considerably more than that IMO. The club will promote the game like mad, and will give away a lot of tickets to local schools and community groups. Depending on the number of away fans I don't think 4k is unachievable - we had 3.2k vs Accies at Hampden last season. It's obviously still a small crowd relative to the size of the stadium though!

18 hours ago, HoBNob said:

The Championship is Doms ceiling, he has the talent to play at a higher level but his professionalism/attitude has put paid to that. KRH is a breath of fresh air in that he has the right attitude to go with his talent. 

He might not be better than Thomas at the moment, but he'll achieve more in his career, and hopefully make us a decent wedge in the process. 

Fully agree with this.

Thomas has tried and miserably failed in the top league with Motherwell and Killie. He never at any time showed he could hack it there, possibly due to his mentality. He simply just wasn’t good enough. If he has finally screwed the nut he might make it third time lucky but I doubt it. As already said, he has found his level.

Most other years Thomas could have become a cult hate figure due to the circumstances around him leaving. That season was such an omnishambles that in reality I don't think many hold much ill will against him. Especially after the really quite incredible series of events where Grant 1. made him captain, 2. decided to play him as a DM where he was unsurprisingly pish, 3. threw him under the bus for being pish, 4. benched him. 

I'd certainly take him back in a heartbeat. 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

That is utterly terrifying that Grant played him as a DM 🤣 Would love to know his logic in that 

I might be wrong but him & Paul Allan were the only 2 midfielders of sorts we had during the early part of that season before the influx of Dorrans, Cole & Dan Pybus.

Edited by da_no_1

22 minutes ago, qpfc said:

That is utterly terrifying that Grant played him as a DM 🤣 Would love to know his logic in that 

I don't think he so much as wanted Dom to do defensive work, more that he wanted Dom Thomas to be on the ball as much as possible, so in his logical head he put him as like a deep lying midfielder. It was absolutely horseshit. 

Grant was an idealist who just seemed to beleive that if we had loads of ball players we'd just dominate possession, he built a horrifically unbalanced squad. 

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I might be wrong but him & Paul Allan were the only 2 midfielders of sorts we had during the early part of that season before the influx of Dorrans, Cole & Dan Pybus.

Nah we had them all for the start of the season IIRC, against Morton we started with O'Hara, Wighton and Todorov upfront, with Dorrans and Dom in midfield. 

Cole and Pybus were on the bench. 

31 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Nah we had them all for the start of the season IIRC, against Morton we started with O'Hara, Wighton and Todorov upfront, with Dorrans and Dom in midfield. 

Cole and Pybus were on the bench. 

I was meaning the league cup games in July, sorry.

I remember DT strolling around the middle of the park against Dumbarton or somebody like that on a sunny day in July.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I was being slightly sensationalist tbf. As others have said he was more like a deep lying playmaker, which is only marginally better. 

A few weeks later he was back in the team on the wing and scored an absolutely worldy v Raith. Ran straight over to the dugout giving it big licks while Grant just sat there like a soor plum.

Some season. 

17 hours ago, Clangers said:

I Fu***** hate QP,

And again we will be stuck in the bottom corner miles from the pitch! But we should all feel good because they were once amateur. *****

Wit a state to get yersel intae. 

19 hours ago, Clangers said:

I Fu***** hate QP,

And again we will be stuck in the bottom corner miles from the pitch! But we should all feel good because they were once amateur. *****

Deary me.  Do everyone, including yourself, a favour and stay at home with your Lego. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Deary me.  Do everyone, including yourself, a favour and stay at home with your Lego. 

What I am not allowed to complain at the piss poor experience that QP presents at Hampden? Away fans stuck down in the corner, not sure why you have been allowed back there, surely 2 years to get a set of floodlights up wasn’t a difficult task? 
some might think you are deliberately dragging it out to sell away tickets that your new West of Scotland standard ground can accommodate! 

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As for this game, will be wacky watching the Pars at Hampden in front of 2,000 folk max. Hopefully tickets aren’t too mad

Won't be too wacky, we did it a few years back in the Scottish Cup. I don't remember much about the game other than we won comfortably (the opposite of this game, probably) and that the catering outlets were mad (like Cup Final/Scotland game prices, so something like £5.50 for a pie, which I believe is still the case?). 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Won't be too wacky, we did it a few years back in the Scottish Cup. I don't remember much about the game other than we won comfortably (the opposite of this game, probably) and that the catering outlets were mad (like Cup Final/Scotland game prices, so something like £5.50 for a pie, which I believe is still the case?). 

Completely forgot about that game. Wasn’t able to head along.

I always felt like Dom Thomas turned up when the BBC cameras were in town and that was about it. I’m sure some stats person could work out that he was on form a bit more than that but he would get goals, assists and even the man of the match award in live games then be absolutely mince for weeks.

Sounds like he done well for QP last season but he was very inconsistent in a Pars shirt. Blows hot and cold.

As it stands, I’d take Kane over him every day. Not that I’m saying on their day that Kane is better, but as mentioned above his ceiling is higher and his attitude is spot on. Gutted he’s injured again, hopefully nowhere as serious as the ankle injury. 

Won’t be making the trip to Hampden as I’m off to Spain next week. 2-1 to Dunfermline. Of course Dom Thomas will now open the scoring but a Jakubiak masterclass will see him get a brace and give the Pars all three points.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

This game was absolutely Baltic, sure we won 0-4 or 1-4.

What’s the craic with QP and Hampden, that them back there for the rest of the season? Or are they expecting to get Lesser finished soon?

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I always felt like Dom Thomas turned up when the BBC cameras were in town and that was about it. I’m sure some stats person could work out that he was on form a bit more than that but he would get goals, assists and even the man of the match award in live games then be absolutely mince for weeks.

Sounds like he done well for QP last season but he was very inconsistent in a Pars shirt. Blows hot and cold.

He was our best player - by a mile. Only folk that didn’t think so were the most tedious contrarions in our support.

45 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

This game was absolutely Baltic, sure we won 0-4 or 1-4.

What’s the craic with QP and Hampden, that them back there for the rest of the season? Or are they expecting to get Lesser finished soon?

Aye it was 1-4.

QP are using Hampden for the rest of the season.

Edited by DA Baracus