Queen’s Park V Pars

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

No offence taken, just confused as to how our high line 4-3-3 with two attack minded FB's, a ball carrying CB, Hepburn and Thomas could be construed as 'defensive'.  I'd argue it was the polar opposite.

You definitely seem confused because that is not what was said.

You can talk about how every team on the planet sets up defensively but that doesn’t mean they are all “defensive”.

RATM was saying McCann could have a field day precisely because of QP defensive set-up.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

I think my choice of wording was unintentionally ambiguous, but for the avoidance of doubt the many voices of the gallery are correct. I was specifically referring to how the defence was set up, not suggesting that the overall set up of the team was defensive. If anything, it was too far the other way. 

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I just hope we're still in the game when the sign comes down to bring on the kids as part of "the project". That seems to be what Raith did, then exploited the lack of experience at the back after QP had taken off some of their older and better performing players.

I know feck all about football, or anything else, but I think the subs at Raith and converting to a back five was simply a tactical mistake, especially with ten men, rather than pushing the project. It allowed Raith to control the play and bang over cross after cross. We were the better side at 2-1 and ten men.

On 08/09/2023 at 20:53, Clangers said:

What I am not allowed to complain at the piss poor experience that QP presents at Hampden? Away fans stuck down in the corner, not sure why you have been allowed back there, surely 2 years to get a set of floodlights up wasn’t a difficult task? 
some might think you are deliberately dragging it out to sell away tickets that your new West of Scotland standard ground can accommodate! 

You're not in the corner (do ovals have corners?), you're in the South Stand with the same view as the QP fans.

And we weren't 'allowed back there', we're renting it back from our previous tenants.

On 09/09/2023 at 21:46, GloriousHoops said:

Any rumours on what sections will be open to the home STs?

Comfy or not comfy, that is the question? 

Not comfy by the looks of things.

QP tickets on sale are for P2, and away tickets are I6. So I'm expecting that Members and Season Ticket holders will be in P1.

If I remember correctly, this was the setup for the 2 games last December.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Tickets are now available for anyone heading to Hampden on Sat.

Apologies if already been posted

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

You're not in the corner (do ovals have corners?), you're in the South Stand with the same view as the QP fans.

And we weren't 'allowed back there', we're renting it back from our previous tenants.

Ok why aren’t the central sections open?  The vast majority of those attending could easily be accommodated in those sections and it would provide a better view, better comfort and better atmosphere for all.    It seems rather bizzare to not want that for vertically no impact

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

These don’t seem like the best view? Or are they alright?

IMG_1778.jpeg

I think it depends on how high up you get to sit. When we were there in the Scottish Cup, the stewards weren't letting people go up the way from the vomitorium AFAIR, so you had to go down towards the pitch level. I had an OK view but there were folk who came after me who had to sit neater the front and I don't think their view was particularly good. The more central seats (not the padded hospitality ones) were also roped off I think?

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

These don’t seem like the best view? Or are they alright?

IMG_1778.jpeg

Are we not in I6? Your arrow is pointing to I4. Admittedly, still don’t understand why the central sections aren’t open. But the seats are better than your image suggests. Based on home support in P2 and away support in I6, I think we actually get slightly better seats than the home fans.

Actually, seeing the diagram and reading the post above it looks like we're in the opposite side of half way as we were for that cup game (we were at the West/Mount Florida end of the South Stand whereas now we'll be in the East/Toryglen end). Is that a recent change? Or were both sets of fans maybe in the western half last time?

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Are we not in I6? Your arrow is pointing to I4. Admittedly, still don’t understand why the central sections aren’t open. But the seats are better than your image suggests. Based on home support in P2 and away support in I6, I think we actually get slightly better seats than the home fans.

The arrow was just pointing to the ‘I’ section in general tbh.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Actually, seeing the diagram and reading the post above it looks like we're in the opposite side of half way as we were for that cup game (we were at the West/Mount Florida end of the South Stand whereas now we'll be in the East/Toryglen end). Is that a recent change? Or were both sets of fans maybe in the western half last time?

For smaller crowds both sets of fans were on the same side of the halfway line. The club are issuing a lot of free tickets to children and their parents.  I think that they are hoping for a crowd of 3 or 4 thousand.

Free tickets look like it’s for the existing community teams - no wider promo like the Hamilton game. 

It actually feels quite low key for the ‘big return’. Wonder if they want to get the first game in the bag, also deal with the Scotland stuff this week and ramp up the promo in the future…?

On 11/09/2023 at 17:39, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think my choice of wording was unintentionally ambiguous, but for the avoidance of doubt the many voices of the gallery are correct. I was specifically referring to how the defence was set up, not suggesting that the overall set up of the team was defensive. If anything, it was too far the other way. 

My apologies Sir, have re-read again, (the way it was intended).  I'll blame far too many 3am starts recently.

On 12/09/2023 at 12:12, Anonymous Spider said:

Free tickets look like it’s for the existing community teams - no wider promo like the Hamilton game. 

It actually feels quite low key for the ‘big return’. Wonder if they want to get the first game in the bag, also deal with the Scotland stuff this week and ramp up the promo in the future…?

Hopefully that's the plan. It's the first game at Hampden and they're trialling new hospitality arrangements. There's a limited number of office staff, so it's important to get it right and build on that.

Plus, they'll have to deal with any Pars fans trying to get into the posher seats in the middle!

Hopefully we'll get a decent turnout of locals willing to pay in anyway. 

Edited by Hampden Diehard

So, does any Pars fan feel optimistic about this game? 
I suppose I’m hoping against hope that the players who take to the field for the Pars, will graft their guts oot to showcase themselves. 
This could work to our advantage giving us the edge we need to bring the three points back to Fife. 
Im going to call it. Pars to win by one goal.