Queen’s Park V Pars

I know it’s a bit early, but I thought I’d get this thread started. 
Queens are sitting 3rd with 9 points after 5 games. Scored 8 and conceded 8. They’ve lost their last two games after getting off to a winning start with 3 wins on the bounce. 
Pars are 4 points behind them having only played 4 games with one win, 2 draws, and losing once in the Fife derby. We’ve scored 4 and conceded 4. 
With the news that Bene has been sidelined for up to 8 weeks, and our misfiring strikers, this could be a sticky one for us. 
By all accounts Queens look a tough team to break down, and they can score goals when on their game. 
Pars fans will know that we can create plenty chances, and I think that with KRH back we’ll make even more chances for ourselves. We just have to hope that our attacking players can find the net a bit better than recent times. 
We have an extra week to get our loan players gelled in to the team, hopefully a striker signed, and for wee niggles to repair. 
I can see no reason other than the usual not finding the net that we can’t get all 3 points in this game, but I’m sure Queens will be no pushover 
I’m thinking a hard fought 1-2 win for the visitors.

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

A Dom Thomas winner as a nice thank you for not playing in the playoffs against us when we got promotion would be lovely  

I've read that over and over & it still doesn't make sense. A thank you to who?

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I've read that over and over & it still doesn't make sense. A thank you to who?

My bad, might not have worded that as clearly 

As in a thank you to the qp supporters for not playing in those matches. We were a  poor team that season and had Thomas played, I wouldn’t have fancied our chances at all having seen him play for us the last year. Tbh I don’t even know if he chose not to play or he simply fell out with Hughes. The latter seems more likely given hughes history of losing the plot 

Edited by qpfc

I was pretty sure at the time, and nothings happened since to change my mind, but relegation was absolutely the best scenario for us as a club going into those playoffs.

If we'd survived we absolutely would've kept Hughes, got lumbered with some expensive shite signings and have to sack the c**t by Christmas. As it is a bit of a reset was exactly what we needed. 

I've seen Dunfermline relegated quite a few times now and I feel no sadness about that one, it'd been coming for years through poor management on the football side of things. 

11 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If we'd survived we absolutely would've kept Hughes,

Christ I still shudder at the thought of this. Hughes will never make a decent manager as long as his arsehole points at the grund 

Edited by Wacky

Would like to see us bring in a couple of loanees before this; hopefully the "break" will give us the opportunity to do that.

Feels like a good opportunity to bounce back after playing against two of the better sides in the league over the past couple of weeks. The more game time these young guys get, the better prepared they'll be to compete at this level (and not put in daft challenges, or throw away leads).

I would imagine we'll be favourites for this but you never know. Hope the occasion of being back at Hampden doesn't get to the players.

42 minutes ago, qpfc said:

My bad, might not have worded that as clearly 

As in a thank you to the qp supporters for not playing in those matches. We were a  poor team that season and had Thomas played, I wouldn’t have fancied our chances at all having seen him play for us the last year. Tbh I don’t even know if he chose not to play or he simply fell out with Hughes. The latter seems more likely given hughes history of losing the plot 

No probs.

I have no insider knowledge whatsoever but on the face of it, Thomas chucked it as soon as he agreed the pre-contract with you. Up til that point he was pretty much unplayable.

Some of his performances around Feb/March were unbelievable. Makes his no-shows when it mattered even more annoying.

26 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Would like to see us bring in a couple of loanees before this; hopefully the "break" will give us the opportunity to do that.

Surely with your model you should be avoiding loaness unless they're with an option/obligation to buy? 

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

No probs.

I have no insider knowledge whatsoever but on the face of it, Thomas chucked it as soon as he agreed the pre-contract with you. Up til that point he was pretty much unplayable.

Some of his performances around Feb/March were unbelievable. Makes his no-shows when it mattered even more annoying.

Mixture of falling out with Hughes and QP offering him a big bag of cash turned his head, if given the option between him and KRH though there's only player that's getting picked. 

57 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Surely with your model you should be avoiding loaness unless they're with an option/obligation to buy? 

We only have two, and one of them was signed specifically because we have a couple of young guys who are almost but not quite ready to make the step up so a permanent signing was unnecessary.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Mixture of falling out with Hughes and QP offering him a big bag of cash turned his head, if given the option between him and KRH though there's only player that's getting picked. 

Genuinely don’t think I’d swap Thomas for almost anyone in the championship except for 1 or 2 players at most so will be interesting to see how your guy plays 

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Genuinely don’t think I’d swap Thomas for almost anyone in the championship except for 1 or 2 players at most so will be interesting to see how your guy plays 

To be fair, Thomas is a fantastic player, but KRH will take on anyone in front of him. The foul count against him will be through the roof, he’ll sprint the wing and high five the Pars faithful 

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

The Championship is Doms ceiling, he has the talent to play at a higher level but his professionalism/attitude has put paid to that. KRH is a breath of fresh air in that he has the right attitude to go with his talent. 

He might not be better than Thomas at the moment, but he'll achieve more in his career, and hopefully make us a decent wedge in the process. 

9 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

The Championship is Doms ceiling, he has the talent to play at a higher level but his professionalism/attitude has put paid to that. KRH is a breath of fresh air in that he has the right attitude to go with his talent. 

He might not be better than Thomas at the moment, but he'll achieve more in his career, and hopefully make us a decent wedge in the process. 

You may well be correct with all of that. I’ve absolutely no clue what particular incidents he’s been involved with in the past that’s resulted in championship being his ceiling as of right now given his talent but just going from his time with us, the interviews from the younger guys in our squad, they’ve raved about Thomas’ leadership and professionalism in the dressing room which has been rewarded with the captaincy of the club. Think the penny has dropped now and he’s matured from previous years. 

Hope so. The guy clearly has talent. Reminds me a bit of Willie Gibson. On his day completely unplayable, just a bit of a bell-end.

The only reason surely KRH > DT23 is for the reasons I stated above (KRH hasn't shat on us from a great height.........yet!)

Edited by da_no_1

KRH will miss this by the sounds of it.

7 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

KRH over Dom Thomas is a pretty wild take

Dom Thomas would be unplayable one week, then go missing the next few games, then have a blinder. Rinse and repeat. KRH has been a complete joke every time I have seen him. It isn’t much of a wild take tbh. KRH is not proven at this level, of course, but he has all the attributes to be a complete menace, and not go in to hiding like certain other players. 

In saying all that, we’ll lose this fairly comfortably. We have an injury list the length of Otoo’s legs and haven’t exactly set the heather alight thus far. It is going to be a long, hard season, but any realistic Pars fan should expect that.