Queen’s Park V Pars

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

To the game itself, QP play a really high line and seem to be a bit of a madhouse at the back at times, but also good going forward. 

We need to play our best counter game but fckn hell,  happy just to see a starting 11 right now.

Is Lewis McCann one of your many, many injured? If Queen's Park set up defensively like they did against us, he'll have an absolute field day. 

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is Lewis McCann one of your many, many injured? If Queen's Park set up defensively like they did against us, he'll have an absolute field day. 

As of this minute no he's fit to play. That can change if he trips off the team bus.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

As of this minute no he's fit to play. That can change if he trips off the team bus.

There's every chance they've decided to adopt some pragmatism in the intervening fortnight, but Queens stuck steadfastly to a ridiculously high line for the majority of the game against us, despite continually being caught out. Michael O'Halloran of four or five years ago would be in his element.

33 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's every chance they've decided to adopt some pragmatism in the intervening fortnight, but Queens stuck steadfastly to a ridiculously high line for the majority of the game against us, despite continually being caught out. Michael O'Halloran of four or five years ago would be in his element.

We don't really have anyone that plays to try beat the offside trap right now, not that I've watched anyway. 

Best bet for us is to play like we did against Airdrie and try turn over possession as high as possible.

6 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Whilst I feel it will be good to be back "home", I would still prefer to have a smaller (4-5000) stadium purely for the atmosphere.

I love EEP but it could still lose a couple of thousand seats and still be more than enough for us.

Can’t imagine we have had many 10,000+ crowds this century, other for OF games or the Rovers title decider in 2011.

On 09/09/2023 at 21:56, DA Baracus said:

Will we get the Pars end?

I assume we'd be in the bottom corner of the Main Stand as we were before. Having small crowds in Hampden isn't great, they always manage to somehow allocate poor areas despite having so many seats available.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I love EEP but it could still lose a couple of thousand seats and still be more than enough for us.

Can’t imagine we have had many 10,000+ crowds this century, other for OF games or the Rovers title decider in 2011.

f**k it, get terracing on the North Stand, add another tier of boxes and seats above and go for a 20,000 capacity. Tickets for a tenner (standing, £12 seats) and kids for a quid. Might have to win the Euromillions first mind you 

Really looking forward to being back at Hampden although a bigger Lesser would be better, but that won't be happening.

Hopefully a decent Pars support will make a bit of noise and QP use the occasion to bring in loads of local kids.

We knocked the ball around well on Saturday but I reckon Dunfermline will be a step up from Bala. No cause for alarm though; Thomas to score, as will Paton.  2-1 to your favourites and the QP juggernaut starts to pick up speed again.

On 09/09/2023 at 09:15, Raith Against The Machine said:

If Queen's Park set up defensively like they did against us, he'll have an absolute field day. 

Not to sure how you beat an offside trap with a team set up defensively but there you go.  Anyhoo, if we did set up 'defensively' with 10 men we still managed to score two.

Edited by Spider1975

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Not to sure how you beat an offside trap with a team set up defensively but there you go.  Anyhoo, if we did set up 'defensively' with 10 men we still managed to score two.

I think in your haste to take offence, you've miss-read what RATM was saying. 

I interpreted it as that "Set up defensively" was meaning how you were set up, not that you were defensive. 

Not to answer for RATM but I think you’ve misunderstood. He wasn’t saying Queens Park were set up to play defensively. He is talking about the set up of your team’s defence which played an almost suicidal high line until the red card.

We created numerous chances in the first half because of it.

Aye, "set up defensively" doesn't mean the team is set up in a defensive manner, it means how the defence is set up. It can be one man standing on the half way line or it can be nine guys strung up along the 18 yard line. 

I just hope we're still in the game when the sign comes down to bring on the kids as part of "the project". That seems to be what Raith did, then exploited the lack of experience at the back after QP had taken off some of their older and better performing players.

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

No offence taken, just confused as to how our high line 4-3-3 with two attack minded FB's, a ball carrying CB, Hepburn and Thomas could be construed as 'defensive'.  I'd argue it was the polar opposite.

You do indeed seem confused.