Queen’s Park V Pars

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

So, does any Pars fan feel optimistic about this game? 
I suppose I’m hoping against hope that the players who take to the field for the Pars, will graft their guts oot to showcase themselves. 
This could work to our advantage giving us the edge we need to bring the three points back to Fife. 
Im going to call it. Pars to win by one goal. 

The only optimism I feel is due to the fact that we have only lost one of our 20 away league games under McPake. We don’t always play fluid football but the team can be relied upon to fight hard and remain competitive.

I’m just concerned about how much of that stems from Bene. The loss of his leadership and organisation on the park, coupled with QP’s attacking prowess, is potentially ominous.

Looking forward to the day out in Glasgow either way but hopefully the side can give us a performance we can sink our teeth into as well.

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The only optimism I feel is due to the fact that we have only lost one of our 20 away league games under McPake. We don’t always play fluid football but the team can be relied upon to fight hard and remain competitive.

I’m just concerned about how much of that stems from Bene. The loss of his leadership and organisation on the park, coupled with QP’s attacking prowess, is potentially ominous.

Looking forward to the day out in Glasgow either way but hopefully the side can give us a performance we can sink our teeth into as well.

I’d like to think we could get at least a draw on Saturday but it will be tough.

Would also have liked us to have someone capable of whacking Dom Thomas several feet in the air in the first few minutes.  However given our track record over the years, much more likely he’ll score a winner.  

Could be a difficult couple of weeks for the club if we don’t pick up a win this week or next as we’ll start to sink down the table a wee bit.  This could be McPakes first real test on getting us out of a bit of a gully on form.  

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The only optimism I feel is due to the fact that we have only lost one of our 20 away league games under McPake. We don’t always play fluid football but the team can be relied upon to fight hard and remain competitive

Totally agree with this. 
It’s one of the best things that our management has brought to our club is fighting spirit. Our boys never quit attacking the opponents goal, and even the most cynical Pars fan can’t deny that. 

11 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Could be a difficult couple of weeks for the club if we don’t pick up a win this week or next as we’ll start to sink down the table a wee bit.  This could be McPakes first real test on getting us out of a bit of a gully on form.  

McPake clearly has the respect of our squad, as they all want to play their best for him.
You read some fans saying that some of our players just don’t look interested, but I disagree. 
style of play and set up can leave some players looking a bit off their game, dropping out their best position, but they still play their part IMO. 

Our previous two managers could only dream of getting players to put in the performances McPake can draw from our squad. 

Edited by Wacky

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We'll still be able to put a fairly strong team. We'll have Fisher and Summers back, possibly Wighton, plus Jakubiak will be in the squad.

Cb is a worry, I thought Breen was available but apparently not. I hope McPake goes to a back four. 

Sharp/Little

Comrie-Fisher-Otoo-Edwards

Hamilton 

Summers-Chalmers

Moffat-Wighton-McCann

On the plus side QP aren't massively physical so the loss of Breen and Bene won't be felt as much that way. 

Keen observers prior to Veldman started with us commented that 343 was his favourite formation so it was interesting to see that introduced last weekend. More interestingly, would Dunfermline be set up to counter it? 

Good to see the midfield starting to weigh in with goals, Turner especially. Despite it being so early in the season it looks like it'll be our bigger challenge, consistently converting good chances. No Tizzard this week; as handy as Thomson has been I'd have preferred to see either Reid or Bannon getting at least a half last week. 

As for the stadium plans this weekend; good to see some initiative to get bums on seats. However, the occasional visitor (at every football club) is a luxury only maintained by the feelgood that winning brings. We'll see how a larger but uncommitted crowd reacts to The Ten Year Plan.

And for those seeking a comfy seat...the die was cast at Lesser. The Lords, Presidents and other such cardshufflers will occupy the Millennium Lounge in lieu of the Hunger Games Box and the same 'Keep Away' rule for Riff Raff will apply. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

McPake clearly has the respect of our squad, as they all want to play their best for him.
You read some fans saying that some of our players just don’t look interested, but I disagree. 
style of play and set up can leave some players looking a bit off their game, dropping out their best position, but they still play their part IMO. 

Our previous two managers could only dream of getting players to put in the performances McPake can draw from our squad. 

Never thought of any of our players “not trying” under McPake.  I actually believe he is the best man to get the most out of what we have.  My concern is the quality of what we have at this level.  Hard work, guts and commitment will get them so far, but we need quality and right now - that’s the bit that’s unproven for me.

I’ll add to my post by reminding myself that we have Chris Hamilton who is more than capable of being a dirty wee shite who could upend DT23 in the first 5.  What odds on a yellow for Hamilton on Saturday? 😂

8 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Never thought of any of our players “not trying” under McPake.  I actually believe he is the best man to get the most out of what we have.  My concern is the quality of what we have at this level.  Hard work, guts and commitment will get them so far, but we need quality and right now - that’s the bit that’s unproven for me.

I’ll add to my post by reminding myself that we have Chris Hamilton who is more than capable of being a dirty wee shite who could upend DT23 in the first 5.  What odds on a yellow for Hamilton on Saturday? 😂

You have a point, but we create plenty chances, and I think we’re more unlucky in front of goal than anything else. 
However, opinions are like erseholes, we all have wan, and prefer our own. 

On the Hamilton front, he’s due a yellow, and I’d love it to be for taking DT23 oot the game. 

Edited by Wacky

25 minutes ago, Wacky said:

You read some fans saying that some of our players just don’t look interested

Seriously, who has said this and where? Don’t think I’ve seen anyone claim something like this, or I’d have definitely called it out. Since McPake came in, there’s been no doubt that everyone has given 100% every week.

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Hear it aimed at Wighton and Chalmers tbf. 

I’d personally argue that anyone who claims they’re not interested/not trying doesn’t understand football/watch the game.

Obviously people are entitled to an opinion. But I think some football fans would prefer players to run round like a headless chicken, rather than trying to read the game and play to their own strengths.

37 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Hear it aimed at Wighton and Chalmers tbf. 

This. 

I’m sure I’ve read it on here, definitely read it on dot net (the majority of that place is full of world class bellends) where a couple of people call it out.
Also read it on east end bounce, where it’s been called out on there by many. 
trust me, these fans are out there, and I’d say they are all living in a clue free zone 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

No Tizzard this week; as handy as Thomson has been I'd have preferred to see either Reid or Bannon getting at least a half last week. 

Interesting if Thomson is preferred as Fox's partner rather than Bannon/Reid, especially given the 10 Year Plan requirement to give meaningful minutes to the squad.  Would have thought Reid deserved a chance?

I hear constant moans aimed at both Chalmers and Wighton. On Chalmers, he is constantly looking to get on the ball, literally anywhere on the pitch he offers himself as an option. Yes he makes mistakes and loses the ball occasionally but that's going to happen when he gets on the ball much more than other players in the team. IMO he's been one of the better players this season.

Wighton is meh, if he's not getting on the score sheet he's not really doing anything. Lazy is definitely harsh but I feel he struggles to impact games at times with the way we play.

Edited by VinnyPar