Queen’s Park V Pars

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kinda shocked at how limp QP looked. Assuming that was an off day for them.

Difficult to say, we weren't a lot better against Thistle or Raith but I still think today was the poorest performance yet.

The team has talent but a serious lack of depth or ability to do anything different when passing it about looking for the perfect opening doesn't work.

If we don't beat Ayr next week then the alarm bells will seriously start ringing.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Difficult to say, we weren't a lot better against Thistle or Raith but I still think today was the poorest performance yet.

The team has talent but a serious lack of depth or ability to do anything different when passing it about looking for the perfect opening doesn't work.

If we don't beat Ayr next week then the alarm bells will seriously start ringing.

Indeed. The seemingly lack of ability to read the game and change tactics is worrying. If our youngsters are good enough for first team bench where were they? Substitutions or lack of  seem to be Veldman's Achilles heel right now. As has been said before the shipping out of Williamson is even more baffling.

12 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Wouldn’t it be great to sign him for ourselves. Maybe cost a few quid though, but we managed to get two great prospects after a loan period last season 

He jist signed a new deal at Celtic. O'too and KRH I believe ( I could be wrong) were between contracts. 

Terrible today ….players played out of position…have they been told not to shoot? Did not understand the tactics today or the formation.Don’t find our style of play entertaining either although that might just be me . Players looked scared to try anything different which was worrying….thought Dunfermline were always the better team throughout the game and deserved the three points. Hopefully a few players to come in before the end of the month .

Just now, QP MAD said:

Terrible today ….players played out of position…have they been told not to shoot? Did not understand the tactics today or the formation.Don’t find our style of play entertaining either although that might just be me . Players looked scared to try anything different which was worrying….thought Dunfermline were always the better team throughout the game and deserved the three points. Hopefully a few players to come in before the end of the month .

Agree entirely but I have doubts that there is any intention of bringing anyone in. If part of the plan surely it would have been done by now?

I’m very much at “the concerned stage”.

With a bit better execution, Dunfermline could have been comfortably ahead in the first half with the number of times they got in behind our line. I thought they looked well organised and threatening.

Our squad is quite weak, lacking in depth and, whether due to coaching or lack of confidence, refuse to shoot when in and around the box. Hepburn was twice guilty of this and didn’t even put in a decent cut back either. Wasteful.

Our set pieces are a joke and looking at the (lack of) options we had on the bench today, it’s likely we will ensure many more days like today in the weeks ahead unless

1) we luck out in the loan market before the end of the month  

2) Robin Veldman makes some fundamental changes 

Congratulations to the Pars. A fully deserved three points. They were easily the most threatening side.

As for QP, what is going on? Are we scared to take a shot on goal? Whenever we get to the opponent's box we seem to turn our back to goal, lay the ball off, and then somehow expect to thread a killer pass through a box that has now been flooded with defenders.  Let's have a go like we did last year!  It has been so frustrating to watch these last few games. I have been following Queen's Park since I was a teenager in the 80's and today is the first time I left a match early.  It was not because we were getting beat but it was in frustration in the way we were being beat. Being a QP fan I have seen us get beat more often than when we have won but at least give it a go.  I will always cheer on a team that is giving it a go but today was dire. We really need to be more direct in attack because this tippy tappy passing around the box does not seem to be creating chances.

8 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I know we fell away last year but Coyle’s football was so exciting. I was buzzing to see us play each week, Veldman methods are boring as f**k. 

I guess the Dutch have a different definition of exciting aggressive football which is what we were promised 

It’s a shame cause it’s a talented first eleven but Ive blamed Veldman for every defeat in the league so far; 

Partick - Robson after having an excellent performance against Arbroath at home, Veldman proceeds to drop him in favour of 17 year old Bruce who despite having massive potential, is still miles away from Robson’s level and that decision single handedly lost us this match after Bruce was crucified against Lawless and McMillan. Veldman’s fault 

Raith- An absurd decision to bring on a triple sub of young guys, taking off experienced players at 2-1 up playing with 10 men against a very good Rovers side in the 80th minute. Unsurprisingly, we Chuck the game away. Veldman’s Fault 

Today- Veldman’s fault 

I know Veldman will be learning as much as the players but I’m really struggling to understand his thought process in recent weeks. It’s all well good seeing a nice wee intricate pass in between the midfield but if we’re scared to shoot at the edge of the box in preference of scoring the perfect goal then what’s the point 

Edited by qpfc

Agree with all the negative feeling shown above about the 'new system'. I'm sorry Mr Veldman but something has to change and fast - the team looked pissed off with the way they have obviously been told to play and it's not pleasing on the eye. 

I feel especially sorry for all the schoolkids that had to suffer that performance and if the thinking is that they will return in the future then I would'nt bank on it.

This performance has left me not looking forward to Friday's game against Ayr ---- a feeling that I have not had for a long time...

I can only remember Sharp having to make one save of any note throughout the game and that one looked a tad dramatic. We were missing Mehmet, Bene and Breen today but defence handled everything quite comfortably.

Thomas is wasted playing as a No 10. Needs to be out wide causing full backs problems, getting balls into the box.

Bloody awful.  With the exception of Fox and Thomson, that was lethargic and pedestrian.  We realise that there are no extra points for taking 200 touches in the opposition box before shooting right?  I feel deeply, deeply sorry for Paton, who just seems to be wearing some sort of invisibility cloak at the moment.  Veldman standing there passively all match except when he thought he better show some emotion after the free kick and kicked the crap out of an innocent bottle of water.  

Those two results against Arbroath seem a distant memory - how oh how those two teams have turned things around since, Arbroath scoring and picking up points and QP, well, erm, quite the opposite

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Will Lewis McCann be on Northern Ireland’s radar? Shout out to the Rovers fan who said he’d massacre QP today.

Hopefully on Steve Clarke's radar as a proven Hampden striker

Fandance your way to destruction with Robin and Marijn. QP were awful today - slow, predictable, insipid. We really couldn't have complained if Dunfermline had scored four or five. I thought having both Healy and Hepburn in the starting lineup was a mistake, leaving us very weak in midfield. Alarm bells are ringing loud and clear and there really needs to be a massive improvement in the Ayr game next Friday. I thought Louis Longridge was great today and at least Veldman didn't hook him for some 17 year old, so maybe he's learning.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Thomas is wasted playing as a No 10. Needs to be out wide causing full backs problems, getting balls into the box.

Agree.  The issue there is our Number 10 is out until March and Beuker-ball doesn't really 'like' crosses into the box

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Parents of the weans on the school tickets will be threatening to bring them back to the Ayr game as a deterrent for bad behaviour. 

Relegation six-pointer?

It's all very well QP having a 'noise' section....it'd be nice if the team gave us something to shout about other than 'SHOOOOOT"