Queen’s Park V Pars

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Ah, ok. It's still not finished then? Why has it taken so long?

Others, with better knowledge may correct me, but I'll try to be succinct, (the full version is covered in full on the QP thread over several pages).

Lesser, sorry The City Stadium, took so long to build due to contractor issues, brick costs, incompetence that it currently stands with a capacity of <1000 which, quite frankly renders it unfit for purpose.  Essentially we've built the SFA a Gucci training facility with some of the cash they gave us.  We're giving the rest back to them as rent.

Just now, Spider1975 said:

Others, with better knowledge may correct me, but I'll try to be succinct, (the full version is covered in full on the QP thread over several pages).

Lesser, sorry The City Stadium, took so long to build due to contractor issues, brick costs, incompetence that it currently stands with a capacity of <1000 which, quite frankly renders it unfit for purpose.  Essentially we've built the SFA a Gucci training facility with some of the cash they gave us.  We're giving the rest back to them as rent.

So have Queens Park given up on the stadium or just a temporary move to Hampden?

Just now, Spider1975 said:

No, we haven't given up on it but certainly the plan for this year is Hampden.  After that your guess is as good as ours.

Sounds a bit of a mess. We have had similar issues with our training ground due to costs of materials and trade prices. 

15 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I actually think we have given up on doing anything more to it, but I suppose we'll see.

Had a peak at it today, the stand along the side of the pitch seems nice, the hospitality stand is a monstrosity. 

There looks to be space behind the goals, surely terracing could go up there though? 

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Had a peak at it today, the stand along the side of the pitch seems nice, the hospitality stand is a monstrosity. 

There looks to be space behind the goals, surely terracing could go up there though? 

The stand is decent enough, it's just fairly small (which wouldn't be a problem if there were more of them). I think if there were any plans to do carry on development we'd know about it by now though.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Lesser Hampden looks absolutely shite from the outside with all those barriers up.

What a total waste of everyone’s time and money.

From all the pictures online and from seeing it from outside today in person, it seems like an absolute abysmal, atrocious, disgustingly shit ground, as well as huge insult to the Queens Park fans. Were I a Spiders fan I'd be fucking furious at that piece of shit ground, how long it has taken to build and the cost.

Queens Park fans are being massively rinsed over Lesser. 

Also, the SPFL should be telling Queens Park to f**k so far off with any requests to play any games* at Hampden after this season.

*Zero exceptions, unless some sort of natural disaster fucks Lesser.

19 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

They're unreal. I had a "mind the gap" message from one of them within minutes of FT and them going top, yet all he could think about was the Pars.

Odd

Yep weird.  If Pars were flying at the top, the last thing I would think about is Raith Rovers. They have real insecurities about what they are.

As I said before, we can play much better and we were missing numerous first team players (Tod, Todd, Allan, Mehmet, KRH), yet were really comfortable for most of the game.

Not saying we're going to win the league but reckon we'll be, at least, comfortably come the end of the season.

42 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Lesser Hampden looks absolutely shite from the outside with all those barriers up.

What a total waste of everyone’s time and money.

I thought someone was taking the piss when they told me it was open for start of this season and capacity was less than 2000.  What actual good is that to anyone?  And why not just put some terracing behind each goal and get the capacity to over 3/4000? What’s wrong with folk!? 😂

19 minutes ago, parsboi said:

I thought someone was taking the piss when they told me it was open for start of this season and capacity was less than 2000.  What actual good is that to anyone?  And why not just put some terracing behind each goal and get the capacity to over 3/4000? What’s wrong with folk!? 😂

It's a ludicrous piece of shit. All Queens Park fans should be absolutely furious over it

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's a ludicrous piece of shit. All Queens Park fans should be absolutely furious over it

We are seriously underwhelmed. But Covid, a redesign, contractual disputes, and supply chain cost increases burned through the stadium budget. Also not helped by the fact that the SFA are only giving us their £2.5m in installments over ten years. So there is not a lot of money around to do further development.

If it was not for Willie Huaghey's generousity (and finishing of the build) we would be in serious trouble. The fact he owns 50% of Hampden is doubtless a big factor as to why we are back playing there. 

That said, I hope we can get enough cash together for some temporary stands/terracing up for next season and get back to Lesser.  A crowd of 2-3000 in small stadium will make for a much better fan experience.

I think we've certainly got a bit too cute with playing Thomson at centre-back. Also, worryingly he's actually third in the depth chart for CB - recruitment is not there. He was sadly missed in the middle yesterday as no one else was willing to dribble with the ball to create some openings.

I really do think we have leaned into the youth movement too much, i's great to have players progressing from the academy but when you look at yesterday's bench, who comes on to save the game. It cost £20 to get into the game yesterday and I think watching a bunch of teenagers get outplayed by bang average sides is going get old very fast. 

Also what does Jarrett need to do to get a run in this side, what's the point of bringing him on at 80 min yesterday, borderline offensive to the man. 

25 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Lewis Reid must be thinking something similar to Jarrett

Both Reid and Bannon seem to be out the picture for first team minutes. Really missed Thomson’s drive in the middle of the park which is not a criticism of his performances at centre back where he has filled in adequately.

I’m all for the youth development but the squad does seem very lightweight in terms of depth. A couple of injuries could really put us in a worrying position where we have to rely on the youngsters. 

Not sure that’s going to cut it in this league.