Queen’s Park V Pars

Dom Thomas will have a quality game then go missing the next two. Rinse and repeat. And that’s when you play him out wide. Playing him through the middle…you’d be as well just playing with 10 men. Really shocked at how poor QP were yesterday, although we are quite decent, so shouldn't forget that.  

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Dom Thomas will have a quality game then go missing the next two. Rinse and repeat. And that’s when you play him out wide. Playing him through the middle…you’d be as well just playing with 10 men. Really shocked at how poor QP were yesterday, although we are quite decent, so shouldn't forget that.  

In fairness, Thomas has been very consistent since he joined us, understand that wasn’t the case prior and probably a massive factor as to why he’s still a championship player in his prime years. Just typical he picked one of his worst, if not worst game against yourselves 🤣

5 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Thanks. According to the annual reports for the limited company responsible for Hampden Park there’s an entry for the money they owe to QP which shows £2M payable in annual instalments over 8 years. The rest of that £5m is unexplained. There’s no trace of Haughey or any City Holdings contacts in any of the four SFA limited companies but that would be his style. No liability, just buying influence.

imho, QPFC will never play another league fixture at Lesser Hampden.

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

With regards to this, what happens if Haughey passes away? The rent at Hampden won't be cheap.

It’s a rule of life that every one of us pass away so it’s when, not if. But our President confirmed, when asked at an AGM, that “everything is in writing”. But then so was the construction contract.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks. According to the annual reports for the limited company responsible for Hampden Park there’s an entry for the money they owe to QP which shows £2M payable in annual instalments over 8 years. The rest of that £5m is unexplained. There’s no trace of Haughey or any City Holdings contacts in any of the four SFA limited companies but that would be his style. No liability, just buying influence.

imho, QPFC will never play another league fixture at Lesser Hampden.

My understanding if it is that it was exactly what was described in the article. A donation.

Effectively, he gave us a £2.5m donation to accept a £2.5m offer from the SFA (paid in instalments) for the sale of Hampden.

Why? Apparantly to stop the SFA moving to Murrayfield? (Not that I'm complaining about that)

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If that is the case then why build the overside Chairman Mao box?

Simple. So that the stadium has suitable facilities to host Uefa/Fifa youth internationals, and SFA events.

1000 seats is plenty for that, and

A) the rental from the SFA is a nice earner

b) it's a good bargaining chip for the use Hampden

c) all of the above.

We won't play many, if any, league games at Lesser until either we fall out with the SFA again (certainly not impossible) and/or we build up enough money to increase the capacity and it's more financialy viable to play at our own stadium.

22 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Also, just to add… just seen Dom’s interview. I loved him when he was with us and he’s a great player. I’d love to see him do well in his career, just not against us. But he mentions our 3 or 4 game losing streak… we’ve lost 1 out of 5 so far, and drew our last league game before yesterday. We’re also unbeaten away from home in almost a full calendar year.

Also talks about QP dominating possession, but having been at the game I definitely thought we had more of the ball and completely dominated the game. He’s never taken defeats well, but he’s just making up nonsense in that interview.

His interview annoyed me more than Veldman's. I'll be honest, I thought QP had more possession than the BBC stats described, but certainly didn't play anywhere near as well as he seems to think.  His 'patterns' for me were turgid side-side-back-side-back etc etc.

I'm not entirely sure what he reckons a 'clear cut chance' is, other than the ball being two yards out in front of an open goal and to say that opposition teams will only get 'a few chances' against us is pure fantasy at the moment - could have shipped several against Rovers and Dunfermline.

15 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

My understanding if it is that it was exactly what was described in the article. A donation.

Effectively, he gave us a £2.5m donation to accept a £2.5m offer from the SFA (paid in instalments) for the sale of Hampden.

Why? Apparantly to stop the SFA moving to Murrayfield? (Not that I'm complaining about that)

Not 100% certain, but I seem to remember at the time, half of the £2.5 million donation was being provided by Sir Tom Hunter.

I don't know who edited the highlights, but we looked better than I remember.

Poor defending for the first goal (Thomson maybe unlucky with a bad bounce) and the second was a cracker. Didn't see any red card offence, same as what I remembered from the game, and I was very surprised that we had 14 shots. 

We were poor and the Pars were deserved winners.

It's six games in, a fair change in playing staff who are being asked to play in a way that's probably different to anything they've played before. No cause for alarm.