Queen’s Park V Pars

I'm #1 on the Chalmers fan club, think he's absolutely class. Allot of midfielders get hailed at this level as being good on the ball when for the most part they'll play sideways/backwards passes. Whereas Chalmers is always looking for the ball into the channel, always looking to progress it. Good player. 

I really didn't like him during the relegation season but nothing about the club was likeable then! 

33 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Whereas Chalmers is always looking for the ball into the channel

Unless it's the inside left channel, since he has a bizarre inability to look to his left (probably more to do with a lack of confidence switching things with his right rather than his left). For someone who is meant to progress the ball, he runs with his head down too often for me. 

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Unless it's the inside left channel, since he has a bizarre inability to look to his left (probably more to do with a lack of confidence switching things with his right rather than his left). For someone who is meant to progress the ball, he runs with his head down too often for me. 

I’d argue that if he could consistently get this lot right he’d be playing for someone else. 
I do agree that he could and should look around himself a bit more, but no way would I say he isn’t interested 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’d argue that if he could consistently get this lot right he’d be playing for someone else. 
I do agree that he could and should look around himself a bit more, but no way would I say he isn’t interested 

I was responding to the idea that he's "absolutely class" tbf. He's ok, not great; not terrible. I think we could do better in the middle of the park (I'd have looked at getting McInroy back in on loan for one) but luckily he's usually not as awful as he was in the relegation season.

18 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

This is becoming a bit of a habit 😔 

Not sure if this particular target market has been reached yet. The announcement earlier in the week related to members of the QP Foundation which relates to all the community teams which are young players already invested in QP to some degree. The offer you’ve posted above is aimed at people, or groups, living/operating within the local area who aren’t yet invested in QP. 

Aside of a PTFC derby with something to play for, even on a good day with a decent (like Dunfermline) travelling support we’ll struggle to get over 2000. So that leaves a bit of room for potential new customers. After 3 years of flitting around the club has now got a chance to bring all its dreams and hopes into focus. In a saturated market like Glasgow with so many clubs, at different levels, to choose from you have to invite people to view the goods before asking them to pay.

53 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not sure if this particular target market has been reached yet. The announcement earlier in the week related to members of the QP Foundation which relates to all the community teams which are young players already invested in QP to some degree. The offer you’ve posted above is aimed at people, or groups, living/operating within the local area who aren’t yet invested in QP. 

Aside of a PTFC derby with something to play for, even on a good day with a decent (like Dunfermline) travelling support we’ll struggle to get over 2000. So that leaves a bit of room for potential new customers. After 3 years of flitting around the club has now got a chance to bring all its dreams and hopes into focus. In a saturated market like Glasgow with so many clubs, at different levels, to choose from you have to invite people to view the goods before asking them to pay.

That's all fine and well, but how many of them turned up on Tuesday night at the Scotland game wondering they they couldn't get free entry to the Queens Park game they were promised..?

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's all fine and well, but how many of them turned up on Tuesday night at the Scotland game wondering they they couldn't get free entry to the Queens Park game they were promised..?

That offer expired after the first international in 1872. Threepenny bits no longer accepted.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, you'd think that the one fact the admin would need to get correct it would be the date. 

This isn't just criticising for the sake of criticising. 

And yes I definitely would get the date right. 

1 hour ago, GloriousHoops said:

Aye, you'd think that the one fact the admin would need to get correct it would be the date. 

This isn't just criticising for the sake of criticising. 

And yes I definitely would get the date right. 

Sorry, was that an actual thing? Printed tickets with the wrong date?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks