Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

7 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Mac, McT and McG

That's what Sir Steve puts in pencil for midfield on the team sheet.

Nobody injured (mind that, Scotland call-ups with "mysterious injuries" but played for their club at the weekend? )

Then he puts in in pen and hands it ot the UEFA guy and look what happens.

Some boys.

Aye, mostly thon South African /Swedish boy fae Govan. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If there's to be a criticism about tonight it's that we continue to allow Jack Hendry to wear the number 13. That's a fucking goalkeepers number.

Alessandro Nesta and Michael Ballack might disagree with that one. They were alright.

Proper big team performance from us tonight. Just ruthlessly put some useless minnows to the sword on their own patch within 30 minutes and play out the rest of the game without giving a shit or breaking sweat.

The fact that Spain felt the need to put 7 past Georgia just shows their wee team mentality and inferiority complex next to us.

On 07/09/2023 at 17:52, velo army said:

The game's tomorrow but still no match thread. I don't imagine this reflects the the excitement surrounding the game as I for one have been looking forward to this game since June.

I'm head over heels in love with this team and I honestly think we're going to win the rest of our qualifying games. I don't feel any sort of trepidation surrounding this game and I do believe we'll win comfortably.

3-0 Scotland.

Fuckin nap.

I have literally fallen head over heels in love with this Scotland team.

I have been following and going to all the games over the last 25 years or so and feel like I have broke free from an abusive relationship and now experiencing the best fucking shagging of my life with a new bird.

This. Is. Amazing.

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

McGregor is by far a superior player to Brown IMO.

Brown was great, dont get me wrong, but McGregor has already far surpassed his performance for the national team.

Brown had the one additional arrow in the quiver in that he effortlessly wound up opposing fans, opposition players and even some Scotland "fans" - made it easier to identify and label ones for the watching........

I was planning to watch the game at the pub on holiday but my flight out here was delayed and I ended up being in the air during the match, so having only seen the result, goal scorers and goal times, I’m obviously happy with the result and will absolutely take it but just wanted to come on here and ask about the second half performance?

At 3-0 up after half an hour we’d probably have been hoping to absolutely skud them but maybe we took our foot off the gas to ensure we didn’t pick up any injuries. 

9 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Incredible performance, job done first half

Passed it to oblivion in the second 

Energy being saved for Tuesday night

When was the last time we beat that mob btw?

Cos I reckon there’s half a chance we might this week

November 1999 I believe, the second leg of the Euro 2000 playoff at Wembley, Don Hutchinson with the goal.

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I was planning to watch the game at the pub on holiday but my flight out here was delayed and I ended up being in the air during the match, so having only seen the result, goal scorers and goal times, I’m obviously happy with the result and will absolutely take it but just wanted to come on here and ask about the second half performance?

At 3-0 up after half an hour we’d probably have been hoping to absolutely skud them but maybe we took our foot off the gas to ensure we didn’t pick up any injuries. 

The second half was total control. Dominating possession and restricting Cyprus to pretty much nothing apart from an opening right at the death which Porteous stopped anyway. 

We could have had a couple of other goals with McTominay hitting the post from the edge of the box. 

It would have been nice to score a couple more, but given the heat etc it was all about conserving energy and finishing the job. 

No complaints from me. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo