Raith vs Caley

Thought we were absolute keech first half, Inverness should have easily been in front.

Once again, changes won us the game.  Starting Vaughan was completely understandable, he won the game for us against Queens Park, but he was shoe-horned into that side, to the detriment of the team.  

Some hit from Gullan, fair play. Not his biggest fan by any means, but he got us the win today. 

18 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Byrne, under the radar, has been the best bit of business we have done. Baller and the absolute perfect partner to Broony as part of a 4231. 

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fully agree with this. He was exceptional today - did all the bits of the game which people maybe overlook as you say. Throughout the team, we've got a few units where two or three players all seem to link up with (Watson and Murray being another example). 

Add me to the Byrne fan club. He never does anything flashy so won't grab the headlines but he's barely put a foot wrong since he joined us. He's essentially replacing Brad Spencer and looks a huge upgrade. 

Agree also about Watson and Murray a proper old fashioned centre back pairing which is exactly what we needed. 

Our recruitment has been pretty much right on the money this season. 

Just now, lellywong said:

Just knew this would happen today as badly as we played, again takes a sub to make the difference, well done Jamie😍 a 23 year monkey off our back at last, onwards and upwards👍

Gullan should be awarded the freedom of Kirkcaldy for that today. If nothing else, he'll now always be known as the Hammer of Inverness! 

I think for Vaughan starting today, he had to be at lw with smith on the right. Stanton starts behind Hamilton when fit for me which is hard to say seing as its also Vaughans best position. 

Byrne has been a fantastic signing. Him and brown seem to compliment each other very nicely and both have the game intelligence to slot in when someone from defence pushes on. Brown was also very unlucky with his shot, it was always rising though. 

1 minute ago, ARaithFan said:

Have to agree with the Byrne comments, I thought he was a standout today. 

I realise they’re bottom of the league etc but about 60 fans down from Inverness today. Always considered them a bigger club but seem to be on a pretty major slide.

I'd actually give credit to the Inverness fans who did come to the game today. Even though they could have been up at ht, they weren't up to much and it's easy to see why their fans are angry just now. 

The save from big Kev with his feet at the near post and the composure from Gullan to sell the dummy before releasing that rocket were absolutely superb. 
The rest of the match…. Not so much. 

But who gives a shit, the hoodoo is broken and this team have some steel about them. 
Being a part of the Rovers family right now is a great feeling. 

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

The save from big Kev with his feet at the near post and the composure from Gullan to sell the dummy before releasing that rocket were absolutely superb. 
The rest of the match…. Not so much. 

But who gives a shit, the hoodoo is broken and this team have some steel about them. 
Being a part of the Rovers family right now is a great feeling. 

I reckon he should have been off his line to punch that but the next best thing is what he did with balls in the box like that so can't complain. 

I also think that's the first game iv seen us playing Inverness recently and not thought Carson was fantastic, which i guess is a sign of the times for them right now. 

1 hour ago, ARaithFan said:

Have to agree with the Byrne comments, I thought he was a standout today. 

I realise they’re bottom of the league etc but about 60 fans down from Inverness today. Always considered them a bigger club but seem to be on a pretty major slide.

Any fan that travels to any game is a hero - fan bashing is shite patter