Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

16 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Would I be right in thinking they played together with QOS ??

I think they were there at the same time aye. Baird didn't feature much for us though as he fell down the pecking order and spat the dummy. He spent more time being a seething mess in games against us than an actual effective player which was always amusing. I do miss him. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think they were there at the same time aye. Baird didn't feature much for us though as he fell down the pecking order and spat the dummy. He spent more time being a seething mess in games against us than an actual effective player which was always amusing. I do miss him. 

Yes, we signed him and Mark Kerr from you in the January window 2015. They were both very effective for us. (Kerr for the second time as he came up through the youth system in the Brockville days)

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Exactly how Kallum Higginbotham was with us, left us and for some reason, f**k knows why he turned into an aggressive wee arsehole everytime he played against us. I suppose you never know what actually goes on or is said when a player leaves a club.

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

for some reason, f**k knows why he turned into an aggressive wee arsehole everytime he played against us.

Was that not after he signed with Dunfermline, I don`t think we ever played Partick or Killie when he was there? I know he got pelters from the Falkirk support when he appeared with them.

He was raging because he left us as a sexy baller to go to Huddersfield in a big money move. Then his career went to shit - eventually ending up back in the 2nd tier with the Pars and by then all his hair had fallen out making him look incredibly ugly. I always assumed his anger stemmed naturally from there 

Nice drive up the road on Saturday with the wife and wee one. Entertaining game despite conceding the late winner. Excellent crowd with a loud home support and a healthy away bunch of 249.  Connelly and Cochrane weren't up to the usual standards, with Cochrane refusing to drive into the space created, instead deciding to pass sideways. Josh Todd made a difference when he came on and did what Cochrane should've been doing.

Harry Stones handling was excellent and there was nothing he could've done about the winner.  Defence looked solid with Efe and McClelland clearing everything.  Callum Morrison was the danger man for Falkirk and had young MacIntyre on toast most of the time. Gav worked his socks off, but it was a thankless task being isolated up top against the two Falkirk CB's.

No pies left at half time was a bit disappointing, getting charged £1.30 for a Ribena that had 65p on the packaging and getting a "Coke" which was basically happy shopper Cola poured into a plastic cup through the back out of sight really isn't on. Hopefully get a pie when back in January. :)

Went and saw the Kelpies afterwards which pleased the wife and daughter. 

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Forgot to say that one thing I noticed about Reilly was him fouling the CBs just before they contested a high ball. Just a subtle wee dunt to put the defender off. Don't know if it's a Reilly or Bartley thing?

Don't most good strikers do that?

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Forgot to say that one thing I noticed about Reilly was him fouling the CBs just before they contested a high ball. Just a subtle wee dunt to put the defender off. Don't know if it's a Reilly or Bartley thing?

Not exclusively a Reilly or Bartley tactic, see it quite often in all grades, the striker leaning into the defender or giving the defender a wee nudge when the balls in the air. The trick is to time it right so that the Ref sees the defender giving a retaliatory push and maybe awarding a free kick. 9/10 in that situation the defender will be penalised if the Ref sees it. Of course I don't expect Falkirk players would ever attempt such underhand tactics.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not exclusively a Reilly or Bartley tactic, see it quite often in all grades, the striker leaning into the defender or giving the defender a wee nudge when the balls in the air. The trick is to time it right so that the Ref sees the defender giving a retaliatory push and maybe awarding a free kick. 9/10 in that situation the defender will be penalised if the Ref sees it. Of course I don't expect Falkirk players would ever attempt such underhand tactics.

You were doing OK there until your last sentence. Are you as bitter after every defeat or is it just versus Falkirk?

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You were doing OK there until your last sentence. Are you as bitter after every defeat or is it just versus Falkirk?

Every defeat, Falkirk, surprise surprise, are of no more or less of a relevance to me than every other team we lose to. I'm a bitter person most of the time tbf, not exclusive to football.