Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

Would repeat what I said at half time, Queens easily the best side we have faced so far this season and will comfortably be 3rd. 

They didnt really trouble us apart from us presenting a couple of chances to them through slack passes and we deserved the win. Thought the save from Lang and follow up clearance from Donaldson in the first half were top drawer 

We missed the pace of Agyeman and Miller but Morrison must have but about a thousand crosses in to the box by himself. These were mainly poor but some good ones as well that were begging to be put away with no one in navy blue there. Think Ross will be good once he is match sharp 

Some #strike from Spencer for the goal who is just a ridiculously good player at this level. Looked like he enjoyed it as well 

Queens time wasting was pretty painful to watch and they also managed to pick up two bookings for dissent from what looked like good refereeing decisions. Also thought they were very route 1 considering the total mismatch of Reilly against Lang and Donaldson and also expected a team under Bartley to try and keep it on the deck more. Reckon they've got more to give if that can get those issues sorted out

Felt like an important 3 points and also a banging crowd at over 4.5k. The game against Hamilton in a few weeks is looking like it will be a big one 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Agree, mid table doesn’t mean much at this time of the season, and in a 10 team league, you could argue there’s actually no such thing until the season is done.

There’s usually 5 sides vying for the play offs, and three dragged into the 9th and 10th place finishes, so not much room for sides not to be involved in either battle.

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Anyone notice Douglas Ross hiding under the tunnel at full time instead of going out to shake hands with the other referees. 🤣

IMG_9968.jpeg

Hardly hiding, the assistant referee nearest the tunnel, or fourth official if there is one, usually goes to the head of the tunnel area at the final whistle to watch for any potential trouble as the players, coaches, etc go to the dressing rooms. Noticed it happening a few times this season but not sure if it's standard procedure now. 

15 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Delighted to be proven wrong but I don't imagine the fermers bringing any more than 200 - 300 so I really can't see us getting any more than 4,500,

How wrong I was! 😋

SCOTTISH LEAGUE ONESaturday 16 September 2023 15:00
Venue
Falkirk Stadium

Attendance

Referee
Colin Steven

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hardly hiding, the assistant referee nearest the tunnel, or fourth official if there is one, usually goes to the head of the tunnel area at the final whistle to watch for any potential trouble as the players, coaches, etc go to the dressing rooms. Noticed it happening a few times this season but not sure if it's standard procedure now. 

Don't try and be logical here please. Let me hate the man in peace. 

Highlights confirm that was a stonewall penalty on Lawal IMO. Fortunately it didn't affect the result on this occasion.

Another terrific result, looks like the Hamilton game was similar, they didn't play their best but ground out a result with a very late winner. Alloa by all accounts should have taken something from the game. Hamilton fans saying they moved the ball too slowly and options up front are the main issue.

Having just listened to Marvin's interview I had no idea that QOS were the better team despite being at the game. They worked so hard and 4 out of 5 of the best chances of the game fell to them and the other we scored. We had all the possession in our 3rd and were not threatening. 

All about opinions huh