Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

The possession , shots on goal and shots on target stats paint a different picture Marv.  Although I would actually say queens did give us our toughest game so far this season, they look decent excluding the time wasting / diving antics and I think they’ll at the very least be in and around the play offs.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

25 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Having just listened to Marvin's interview I had no idea that QOS were the better team despite being at the game. They worked so hard and 4 out of 5 of the best chances of the game fell to them and the other we scored. We had all the possession in our 3rd and were not threatening. 

All about opinions huh

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The possession , shots on goal and shots on target stats paint a different picture Marv.  Although I would actually say queens gave us our toughest game so far this season, they look decent and I think they’ll at the very least be in and around the play offs.  

Possession counts for very little tbh. I think QoS had the best chance in the first half but going by the highlights didn't have many notable ones in the second. 

Our Twitter said we had a shout for a penalty. Never saw anything in the highlights, or noted here. Just our account being a bit dramatic? How Falkirk never got their penalty is incredible. Absolute stonewaller.

After the Alloa and Montrose games I was saying how frustrating it is getting beat after practically gifting the opposition goals so it's bizarrely pleasing getting beat by a peach that we could do nothing about.

14 hours ago, bod said:

^^^This.

Connelly had a shocker today and although I'm so far not a fan of Walker's as has been previously mentioned I'd have had him on a  lot sooner. I'd also have had Hutchinson on to give Reilly some assistance and asked some more questions of their defence that didn't look great.

His had was forced a little today with the injuries but I was a little disappointed with Bartley and his dithering over the late subs which could/should have been made earlier. 

As for the officials!

My thoughts exactly, Connelly, and Cochrane to a slightly lesser extent, were poor. One of those games, the harder you try, the less effective you become. I thought Bartley should have freshened things up a lot sooner too and also introduced Hutchinson for 20 minutes or so to give a bit of physicality up front. We're still a bit powder puff in midfield too, not winning the ball further up which doesn't take much pressure off the defence. A game where we could have sneaked a point or even stolen a win but not really surprised we collapsed so near the end. 

As stated before, queens were definitely the best opposition we've faced so far this season. Liked the look of McClelland and Ambrose at centre half who cleared away our crossed balls for fun. Queens away will be a tough game. Hopefully they show the same fight against hamilton next week.

If we can keep Brad Spencer and Morrison fit we'll be up there come the end of the season. Spencer oozes class with everything he does and that goal topped off his performance. 

Ethan Ross didn't look fit and hopefully he'll improve over the next few weeks. We really could do with some of the injuries clearing up as the bench looks really thin at the moment. Miller and Agyeman are sorely missed. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Queens away will be a tough game. Hopefully they show the same fight against hamilton next week.

Their home form hasn't been great, they have a better away record, I think they were unbeaten on their travels  prior to yesterday. Hopefully they turn the home form around next week and get a win against Accies.

Connelly absolutely shat it for the Donaldson clearance off the line. Waiting for the ball to drop for him to knock it in, too scared to stick his head in where he might take a sore one. 

Didn’t think it was a penalty at the time as looked shoulder to shoulder from the far end but looks another to add to Colin Steven’s long list of shite decisions. 

Edited by Broony88

The game was one of these games. Thought it was going to be a 0-0, and then it wasn’t. Not sure about the time-wasting, I thought we were as likely to sneak a winner than Falkirk. We slowed it down sometimes, but I wasn’t aware of any outrageous time-wasting.

Anyway, what was with the non-occupation of the top three rows? (Only in the Queens end, nowhere else in the ground).

The poor steward couldn’t explain why, he just said that was his orders. It caused mayhem, as the affected fans were utterly bamboozled as to why. The first lot shifted reluctantly, then fans arriving later filled up the same space, then there was another carry-on as the next lot kept asking why?

Bizarre doesn’t begin to describe it.

Anyone have any idea of the rationale behind this?

(other than that, seriously impressive attendance yesterday. I have mates who are Falkirk fans and it is a venue I enjoy. I feel this is their time…)

10 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Why oh why was the lad Walker left out? 

Fully down to us playing 3-5-2 or a Bartley interpretation of it, looked more like 3-5-1-1 before injuries and then second became a 3-4-3 almost or Mckechnie and Connelly were certainly much closer to Reilly. 

No reason Walker shouldn’t have come on for Connelly earlier other than the unfortunate timing of the two injuries leaving our substitution windows short. 

That's a genuinely wild take on the game from Bartley. I think 3 of those 4 Queens shots came from us giving the ball away on the edge of our own box - under virtually no pressure - rather than from any good attacking play. The other was a shot from outside the box on the counter attack that went a couple of yards wide.

I dont think Queens even touched the ball in our half in the opening half hour and were second best for long spells of the game. Even as we threw more and more players forward in the second half in search of a winner they didnt trouble us on the counter. Queens were better than I expected but really not sure what Bartley is trying to achieve with those claims 

I didn't think it was a penalty at the time but from the highlights and photos Todd has just taken Lawal out in a tangle of legs rather than eased him off it. I suppose we've had our penalty for the season though. Didnt effect the outcome of the game at least, an important 3 points and Dross getting plenty of abuse as a wee bonus 

2 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

The game was one of these games. Thought it was going to be a 0-0, and then it wasn’t. Not sure about the time-wasting, I thought we were as likely to sneak a winner than Falkirk. We slowed it down sometimes, but I wasn’t aware of any outrageous time-wasting.

Anyway, what was with the non-occupation of the top three rows? (Only in the Queens end, nowhere else in the ground).

The poor steward couldn’t explain why, he just said that was his orders. It caused mayhem, as the affected fans were utterly bamboozled as to why. The first lot shifted reluctantly, then fans arriving later filled up the same space, then there was another carry-on as the next lot kept asking why?

(other than that, seriously impressive attendance yesterday. I have mates who are Falkirk fans and it is a venue I enjoy. I feel this is their time…)

Same with the section of seats next to where we were situated, too simple for them to put a tape or rope from the top down that section of seating to indicate it wasn't to be used. Or move the tarp that was covering the next section over a bit. Don't know if it was a wind up but someone said it was an area where flags and banners could be placed. Also while I'm on the moan, can't the car park stewards arrange the parking of vehicles in rows of two leaving adequate space between each double row to get cars out and away early if required. Obviously at £5 a go the more cars crammed in the better for Falkirk but it's not handy if you've got to wait ages on someone dawdling back to their vehicle or you need to leave in an emergency. It all seemed a bit chaotic with cars going in all directions. 

3 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

There wasn't much deliberate time-wasting at set pieces which is most common but the amount of injuries your players had was starting to get questionable.

I suspect it will be because the new "Legends" sings at the back of the stand getting potentially damaged. I've always thought that would be why although QOS fans most likely wouldn't. Different if it was Dunfermline or OF fans.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

There wasn't much deliberate time-wasting at set pieces which is most common but the amount of injuries your players had was starting to get questionable.

I suspect it will be because the new "Legends" sings at the back of the stand getting potentially damaged. I've always thought that would be why although QOS fans most likely wouldn't. Different if it was Dunfermline or OF fans.

Those hooligan QoS fans are the reason away fans aren’t allowed in the main stand even if there are only ten of them coming up in a tractor. 

23 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If you want to talk about time-wasting what about Morrison with cramp then coming on without shin pads, he should know the rules, then arguing with the numpty in the middle, all this while we were enjoying our best period?

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Also while I'm on the moan, can't the car park stewards arrange the parking of vehicles in rows of two leaving adequate space between each double row to get cars out and away early if required. Obviously at £5 a go the more cars crammed in the better for Falkirk but it's not handy if you've got to wait ages on someone dawdling back to their vehicle or you need to leave in an emergency. It all seemed a bit chaotic with cars going in all directions. 

I got my car trapped a few year back when I needed to leave for an emergency, it's a shambles the way they set it up. Always park in the industrial estate now.

1 hour ago, bod said:

If you want to talk about time-wasting what about Morrison with cramp then coming on without shin pads, he should know the rules, then arguing with the numpty in the middle, all this while we were enjoying our best period?

Then your team shouldn't have been shite enough to be chasing the game at that point.

If you're going to run the clock down, it always helps to be winning. At least its worth while eh.