Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

Well, somebody had to start it ...

So will the QOS alleged "defence" get badly found out here yet again in the league?

Or will we rise to the occasion?  For some strange reason we're unbeaten (two wins and a draw) against 3 higher league opponents in the cups this season, but our league form is definitely inconsistent at best.

14 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, somebody had to start it ...

So will the QOS alleged "defence" get badly found out here yet again in the league?

Or will we rise to the occasion?  For some strange reason we're unbeaten (two wins and a draw) against 3 higher league opponents in the cups this season, but our league form is definitely inconsistent at best.

Our defence our huge weakness Falkirk will definitely score just have to hope we can outscore them which seems to be our game plan very difficult thing to do every week .

We've had quite bit of joy against Championship sides in the cup competitions over the last couple of years as well. I think it's fair to say there's not much of a gap between the bottom half teams there and the top league 1 sides 

Confident if we play as we have been we'll get the win and score a few goals. Seems harsh to drop the guys that came in and did so well at Ayr but would start the same 11 as against Edinburgh for this one 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Fancy us to keep the run going. A repeat of last years 3-1 early in the season would be ideal.

Prior to the first 45 against Stirling, that first 45 in that game last season was as good as we've seen down here. 

Agree that the starting 11 that started v Edinburgh start this game. 

In our last 4 fixtures, our goals scored have been 3, 4, 2, 1. I dont expect a 0 and will therefore be placing an amount of money, commensurate with the "can't fail" nature of the bet, on us to score 5. 

I can’t see anything other than a Falkirk win in this one.  As has been mentioned above we just can’t keep teams out. 

I would be happy with a point at this stage, but I think it will be 4-2 to Falkirk. 

There is just no way we keep a clean sheet in this with our back line.  On the positive side we do seem capable of scoring at the other end, even against the higher league sides this season.  The question will be can we score enough to take a point here or heaven forbid take all three.

Of the FT sides, I don't think there's been a meeting of Accies, the Bairns or Queens this season yet and Cove don't seem to be setting the heather on fire at the moment.  So this game's going to start to show just how decent this season's Falkirk side are.  From the off I've said that it will be difficult to separate Accies and Falkirk at the top this season.  For Queens we'd have to hope that we can consolidate third and if dreams do come true then maybe threaten second but then agaain ... our (lack of) defence ... well ... dearie me.

Should be an entertaining game this.  Can't make it as I'm away at the weekend - bummer as I usually go to the Bairnabeu.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

One for the Bairns to reminisce over here, a McGuffie belter in slow mo from yesterday's Diddy cup tie at Firhill ...

Thats you had your one for the season.... I wouldn't have spent it in the Challenge Cup. 

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

There is just no way we keep a clean sheet in this with our back line. 

Might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping when Bartley finally gets a chance to field his preferred back line on a regular basis without too much chopping and changing of personnel our goals against column won't take such a pummelling.  So far he's been hampered by not being able to pick Brydon all season (perpetually injured), Church (injured twice), McClelland (2 red card suspensions), MacIntyre (cup-tied), Ambrose (didn't set his alarm clock) and Houston (no apparent reason) at one time or another.

Of course that means that someone (usually Logan) has had to play in an unfamiliar role and been found wanting, or even worse, Paul McKay, the one player out of all of our defenders that you'd prefer to be either injured, suspended, cup-tied, dropped through a lack of professionalism or just because he's a pea-hearted shitester, has been drafted in to contribute more than most to our defensive clown shows. 

44 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Hopefully keep the winning momentum going, we will have to watch McGuffie though not because he's a fantastic player but he does have the odd worldie in his locker out of nothing. 3-1 Bairns.

McGuffie hasn't been a regular under Bartley though. He got a start yesterday in the Diddy Cup win at Partick, scored the predicted (by Bairns fans) worldie and also an assist I think - so remains to be seen if that will get him a start on Saturday or a place on the bench.

I've only seen McGuffie once (against Alloa) and thought he put in a decent shift and was then unlucky to then drop out of contention.

We can only hope that mcguffie has played his way into Marvin's plans for next Saturday. Good result for queen's against a Partick b side on Saturday similar to us last season in the challenge cup whilst we had an excellent win at ayr.A win puts us 7 points clear and will heap more pressure on Bartley. If we keep it solid you've got to think we can score  but we will need to be at our best.

37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We can only hope that mcguffie has played his way into Marvin's plans for next Saturday. Good result for queen's against a Partick b side on Saturday similar to us last season in the challenge cup whilst we had an excellent win at ayr.A win puts us 7 points clear and will heap more pressure on Bartley. If we keep it solid you've got to think we can score  but we will need to be at our best.

If you can’t score against us then you have real problems. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

3/10. Must try harder.