Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

6 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping when Bartley finally gets a chance to field his preferred back line on a regular basis without too much chopping and changing of personnel our goals against column won't take such a pummelling.  So far he's been hampered by not being able to pick Brydon all season (perpetually injured), Church (injured twice), McClelland (2 red card suspensions), MacIntyre (cup-tied), Ambrose (didn't set his alarm clock) and Houston (no apparent reason) at one time or another.

Of course that means that someone (usually Logan) has had to play in an unfamiliar role and been found wanting, or even worse, Paul McKay, the one player out of all of our defenders that you'd prefer to be either injured, suspended, cup-tied, dropped through a lack of professionalism or just because he's a pea-hearted shitester, has been drafted in to contribute more than most to our defensive clown shows. 

Sadly Brydon's still 2-3 weeks away from starting. There's training and then there's training!

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

One for the Bairns to reminisce over here, a McGuffie belter in slow mo from yesterday's Diddy cup tie at Firhill ...

I see your Craig McGuffie worldie and raise you this 

He was certainly consistent in scoring bangers. Shame he stopped there though as he only managed 4 in total, and 4 the season before as well. Clearly skilled to score these but ultimately no where near good enough overall unfortunately 

47 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Looking forward to this one.

You promise Dobbies left you ( please )

Sorry to disappoint but ... metaphysically, the said Stephen Dobbie will never leave Queens.

21 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I see your Craig McGuffie worldie and raise you this 

He was certainly consistent in scoring bangers. Shame he stopped there though as he only managed 4 in total, and 4 the season before as well. Clearly skilled to score these but ultimately no where near good enough overall unfortunately 

He does like a worldie does the lad. You know, I'd probably settle for only 4 from Mr McGuffie this season, provided they were all in the 4 games against the Bairns ... 😎

10 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

He does like a worldie does the lad. You know, I'd probably settle for only 4 from Mr McGuffie this season, provided they were all in the 4 games against the Bairns ... 😎

Problem is his  goals in the main come against dross in comfortable wins.  5 of his 7 last season were against Darvel, wick and Peterhead .

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Problem is his  goals in the main come against dross ...

So, his only goal for us so far has come against Championship side Thistle at Firhill ...

Tbf he hasn't had many starts so far - and for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting that he's some kind of superstar in the making, but I've seen worse.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

So, his only goal for us so far has come against Championship side Thistle at Firhill ...

Tbf he hasn't had many starts so far - and for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not suggesting that he's some kind of superstar in the making, but I've seen worse.

Particks b team you mean in a cup tie that means very little. As I said previously we beat an understrength Partick side comfortably at this stage of that cup last season. It means feck all.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Particks b team you mean in a cup tie that means very little. As I said previously we beat an understrength Partick side comfortably at this stage of that cup last season. It means feck all.

It means you progress to the next round. HTH. 

Mcclelland's biggest weakness at us was dealing with anything physical, even Gary Oliver had a field day with him last season in the cup against Hibs so I'm looking forward to seeing what big Ross MacIver does to him. 

Gibson and Mckechnie probably the only two players left who caused us issues last season for Queens and we'll see what we could have had in Alex Ferguson given someone mentioned we were keen on him over the summer. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mcclelland's biggest weakness at us was dealing with anything physical, even Gary Oliver had a field day with him last season in the cup against Hibs so I'm looking forward to seeing what big Ross MacIver does to him. 

Gibson and Mckechnie probably the only two players left who caused us issues last season for Queens and we'll see what we could have had in Alex Ferguson given someone mentioned we were keen on him over the summer. 

Ferguson is  another one of our exe academy boys. We couldn't afford him though when he became available for loan