Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

7 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Ah... the much missed "Bairns vs QoS match thread descends into car-crash territory" scenario. 

Gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia for the good old days when we were both struggling in the Championship.

Think positive. If we win we'll only have to deal with one or two them afterwards. The rest slink off to their own forum. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just what has got into these Tory journeymen?

lets keep it civil lads for heavens sake. 

It's absolutely no surprise after the behaviour of their fans at TFS in the 5-2 game last season

They are the reason we now have to open the north stand, even for <20 Montrose fans 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Just what has got into these Tory journeymen?

Damn ... I clean forgot we were "journeymen" ... obviously I'm well aware that we're: Tories, Borderers and Doonhammers ...

Cheers for the reminder.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's absolutely no surprise after the behaviour of their fans at TFS in the 5-2 game last season

They are the reason we now have to open the north stand, even for <20 Montrose fans 

Wait, you mean we haven't been shifted because there isn't room for us in the main stand? I remember the days when Falkirk were well supported. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wait, you mean we haven't been shifted because there isn't room for us in the main stand? I remember the days when Falkirk were well supported. 

Na it was to do with folk trying to square go women and children whilst using the shared facilities in the #main stand

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our massive support hasn't been working for the team on the park for quite a few years now so we've decided to adopt a small shitty support like Airdrie instead, to finally get us out of this league

In all seriousness though it should be a good crowd on Saturday - hopefully over 4.5k 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

... I remember the days when Falkirk were well supported. 

Well, tbf, they did take over 400 through to Somerset the other mid-week night apparently - of course that was for a competition that was totally meaningless and absolutely of no interest to Falkirk and against an equally uninterested Ayr B team ... 🙂

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed. I wouldn't be getting carried away with a win over Ayr reserves then. 

No and I don't think anyone is considering we put out a very understrength side to it just shows you the importance of the competition.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, tbf, they did take over 400 through to Somerset the other mid-week night apparently - of course that was for a competition that was totally meaningless and absolutely of no interest to Falkirk and against an equally uninterested Ayr B team ... 🙂

Correct . If it had been a league game with us top I'd have expected us to take closer to 1000. We also had a very understrength side out which highlights the importance of the competition. No need to risk injury to important players .

34 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Correct . If it had been a league game with us top I'd have expected us to take closer to 1000. We also had a very understrength side out which highlights the importance of the competition. No need to risk injury to important players .

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Bartley thought the same for us against Plastic whistle,  hence the 6 changes.

Here's hoping for a good game on Saturday.