Bairns v Doonhamers at the Bairnabeu

6 hours ago, bod said:

Don't expect Bartley will make any personnel changes to last week's winning team. Having said that he could bring Botterill back in and our left side is our weakest and needs addressed, although we won't come up against  someone in the form Lawless was in last week every game, thankfully. To a man we knuckled down and defended well, yes we rode our luck but that's football. The harder you work the luckier you get

The harder you work the luckier you get. 

. Do we change to a 4-4-2?

Looking forward to this as in theory we are playing one of the fancied teams for the league!

Our away from is good, here's hoping for an open game.

Big two weeks for us in terms of league aspirations.

Who told you this? 

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This will be a very hard game. I normally hate predicting wins for us, but I think we'll edge it 3v2.

Darren Dods with the last gasp winner from a corner.

Funnily enough, I reckon we could give them a proper doing. A 4-1 home canter sounds about right (and the octopus that gave me the tip completely agrees).

10 hours ago, bod said:

The harder you work the luckier you get.

4 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Who told you this? 

Didn't Marvellous Marvin say this in his interview post-Partick?

Hardly an original sound bite mind, sure I've heard a few managers trot that one out over the years. Not that it's necessarily wrong though.

Edited by Otis Blue

On 14/09/2023 at 12:31, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Changed my mind for Saturday's team. Get Ethan Ross straight in there and move Agyeman back to the 10

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Ross
MacIver

Subs: Hogarth, Mackie/Sinclair, Bisland, Honeyman, Walker, Nesbitt, Lawal, Oliver, Allan

Don't see Agyeman playing, if I was a betting man I'd say he's the other player injured that McGlynn alluded to in his interview and he missed the last game. I think one of Nesbitt/Oliver/Lawal comes in for him. 

Anyone know the situation with Cochrane, he seemed to twist his leg last week and went off ( didn't look in too much discomfort tbf). Hope Efe's got his alarm clock set, really need him to coach the young defence through games. Goes without saying really, a hard game against a team on a good run, bringing home a point would be OK imo. 

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Would be good to see 5000 today.

Pedro, where is all this talk of 5,000 coming from? That would mean 2,500 PATG supporters when we had 1,800 at the Binos game. Delighted to be proven wrong but I don't imagine the fermers bringing any more than 200 - 300 so I really can't see us getting any more than 4,500,

4-2 to the Bairns.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Pedro, where is all this talk of 5,000 coming from? That would mean 2,500 PATG supporters when we had 1,800 at the Binos game. Delighted to be proven wrong but I don't imagine the fermers bringing any more than 200 - 300 so I really can't see us getting any more than 4,500,

4-2 to the Bairns.

I would hope given that game was on a Tuesday night, our recent form and the fact this is our first Saturday home game in 6 weeks, that we could get close.