Reverse happy hours

ICTChris

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's these type of laws I don't understand. The best pizza shop in Dumbarton doesn't have a drink licence but they do a "NY Slice Day" every now and then whereby they sell big slices of pizza which comes with a  free beer. The shop is absolutely stowed out every time. Seems mad to have such strict drink licensing but also let companies give it away for free.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There’s a few barbers around me that give you a beer while you are waiting for your haircut.

They shouldn't be able to do so, when the law was first introduced, the gift sets sold at xmas were banned because the special pint glass with a beer etc was seen as enticing people to buy alcohol who may not have been wanting to buy it in the first place (another fucking stupid rule tbh) 

Thats why scotland doesn't have the 3 for x amount, the law was designed to not force people to buy any or more booze than they needed

20 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I lived next to Canny Man's in Edinburgh for a couple of years in the mid 80's, and I'm sure when I was leaving the area in 1987 it had started to charge more for a pint after 5 or 6pm. I remember saying to my mate that I'd not be back with that type of pricing.

The guy that owned it back then was famously a p***k. He owned the pub, wasnt in hock to a brewery and could basically do what he wanted.

He banned people for the most obscure reasons. Hes dead now and I believe his daughter has a more relaxed attitude.

I never liked it, full of Morningside wanks so wouldnt be rushing back.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Do you not get happy hours in Scotland any more? 

Honestly, i leave you alone for 20 years and the place goes to the dogs. 

I have been drinking since 2004 and happy hours have never been a thing I have been aware of. Maybe in a student union. 

Most of the folk complaining about this won't moan about the fact a hotel room in a city will be half the price on a Tuesday that it is on a Friday or a Saturday or that a week's holidays when the schools are in or out varies wildly. Dynamic pricing is in place in heaps of industries but heaven forbid it apply to buying a pint. 

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Most of the folk complaining about this won't moan about the fact a hotel room in a city will be half the price on a Tuesday that it is on a Friday or a Saturday or that a week's holidays when the schools are in or out varies wildly. Dynamic pricing is in place in heaps of industries but heaven forbid it apply to buying a pint. 

Arguably the weekend rate is nearer to the "normal" rate.  The Tuesday rates will be reduced to try to sell them

Pubs arent reducing rates through the week to then bring the prices back to normal here.

Possibly. f**k knows and quite frankly I dont care.

There Ive said it.

49 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's the opposite in Aberdeen. Hotels are dearer during the week.

ps. What have you done to piss off whoever red dotted you? Seems an innocuous post to provoke anyone's ire.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Dynamic pricing doesn't apply to a venue that can't even charge an entry fee because demand is always lower than the maximum capacity. Which is where literally all of your comparisons fall down. 

On 13/09/2023 at 15:48, Sergeant Wilson said:

The bigger the group, the more they should get charged. They should also have a separate service area, or have to wait until customers wanting one or two drinks are served.

You're fuckin one of them that insist on standing at the bar with your pint even tho the place is mobbed and everyone else is trying to get served arent you?

Happy hour in Adelaide is rarely 1 hour, usually 2 or 3 hours and one not far from me is all day for imperial pints of some beers ($9 instead of $12). The wowsers and nanny brigade have been making, so far unsuccessful, noises about stopping happy hours.