Behaviour of our Fans

andyg83

1 minute ago, HighlandWarrior said:

I presume that you weren't at the Republic of Ireland game? Or the Costa Rica game? Surely the most bizarre booing of a national anthem ever. Both of these were heard in the North Stand

But, IMHO, disrupting a minutes silence for the late Craig Brown & the victims of the earthquakes in North Africa (by numbers of both supports) is far, far worse than booing a national anthem  

I was at the ROI game but not Costa Rica. Never heard any booing of the ROI anthem and I was in my "seat" in the north stand at the time.  

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was at the ROI game but not Costa Rica. Never heard any booing of the ROI anthem and I was in my "seat" in the north stand at the time.  

Just because the booing wasn't at the levels of the England game doesn't mean that it didn't happen. There will always be pockets and/or individuals who will boo a national anthem. One guy tried to start the booing of the Georgia anthem but he was very quickly told to shut up.  

13 minutes ago, HighlandWarrior said:

Just because the booing wasn't at the levels of the England game doesn't mean that it didn't happen. There will always be pockets and/or individuals who will boo a national anthem. One guy tried to start the booing of the Georgia anthem but he was very quickly told to shut up.  

So your complaint is that in a crowd of 52,000 drunk people there was poor behaviour rather than its an issue with our fanbase.

GSTK doubling as the English and British anthem means, for me, it deserves to get booed.

If you're Scottish, how can it be right that at one event this is the national anthem of the opposing team, and at another event it is yours? It isn't disrespectful to boo GSTK - it's disrespectful for it to be used as the de facto British anthem for things like the Olympics. It really does say that England are first among equals in this union. 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

So your complaint is that in a crowd of 52,000 drunk people there was poor behaviour rather than its an issue with our fanbase.

No not at all - I was replying to a poster who stated "Think we've only booed Israel and England that I'm aware of." & mentioned the pockets/individuals booing the Republic of Ireland, Costa Rica & Georgia anthems as an example of what I've heard  

17 minutes ago, HighlandWarrior said:

No not at all - I was replying to a poster who stated "Think we've only booed Israel and England that I'm aware of." & mentioned the pockets/individuals booing the Republic of Ireland, Costa Rica & Georgia anthems as an example of what I've heard  

Surely a smattering of individuals that are promptly told to be quiet isn’t comparable the widespread booing throughout the anthems of England/Israel?

I wouldn’t boo any European anthem apart from those two and I suspect a large portion of Scotland fans are the same going by what can be observed from recent years.

17 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Surely a smattering of individuals that are promptly told to be quiet isn’t comparable the widespread booing throughout the anthems of England/Israel?

I wouldn’t boo any European anthem apart from those two and I suspect a large portion of Scotland fans are the same going by what can be observed from recent years.

No it's not, you are completely correct. But unfortunately, out of the three anthems I mentioned in my example, only the booing of the Georgia anthem was told to stop

I said at the outset of the thread that booing GSTK was understandable. I can't stand it as an anthem and all that it means. 

I don't really think we should be booing anyone else's anthem though. 

Why did Ryan Jack get booed?

Anyone thinking "Lizzie in a box" is acceptable needs to give they're head a wobble though imo. I cannae stand the royals but surely there are levels of basic decency?

Makes us look so bad. 

I think the right to boo should be preserved regardless of the occasion. I don't tend to boo personally, but I don't have any issue with people who do and I just see it under freedom of expression/freedom of speech.

It's part of the random element of going out in public that you might see or hear things that upset you. I see the whole discussion under that kind of heading. It offends me when somone says "thank you so much" as if thank you wasn't enough, but I don't campaign to get that banned, I just avoid the areas where people use that expression 

Edited by 2426255

Booing GSTQ/GSTK is nothing new- they were doing it in the 1970s and also in the 1980s when the SNP had about 2 seats. Indeed I believe the Tory rugger buggers even used to boo it at Murrayfield. 

Still, must touch the forelock and not upset our betters and masters, eh? 

Apparently Harry Maguire was "jeered". Maybe the away fans did that, we weren't jeering, we were just taking the piss out of him (and all the time in my case thinking the bugger would be on about 50 Scotland caps if he'd been Scottish so it's ironic really)

1 hour ago, andyg83 said:

I said at the outset of the thread that booing GSTK was understandable. I can't stand it as an anthem and all that it means. 

Anyone thinking "Lizzie in a box" is acceptable needs to give they're head a wobble though imo. I cannae stand the royals but surely there are levels of basic decency?

Makes us look so bad. 

I didn’t hear Ryan Jack get booed at all on Tuesday. I have heard it once before, so I’m not saying it’s never happened, but if he got booed on Tuesday it must have been localised to one stand as it wasn’t audible in the North Stand.

2 hours ago, andyg83 said:

Makes us look so bad. 

She is in a box though. And it’s their. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Booing GSTQ/GSTK is nothing new- they were doing it in the 1970s and also in the 1980s when the SNP had about 2 seats. Indeed I believe the Tory rugger buggers even used to boo it at Murrayfield. 

Still, must touch the forelock and not upset our betters and masters, eh? 

Apparently Harry Maguire was "jeered". Maybe the away fans did that, we weren't jeering, we were just taking the piss out of him (and all the time in my case thinking the bugger would be on about 50 Scotland caps if he'd been Scottish so it's ironic really)

Apparently Southgate was complaining about the English fans booing Maguire , not us