Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

29 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Again, picking up 16 year olds from school as a 30 year old is extremely creepy but not a crime or headline news. 

Aren’t teacher/pupil relationships illegal?

If you’re going to start putting people on the news for using their priveliged position to pull a woman then it’s a slippery slope and there would be nothing else on the news. Where do you stop? Having money? Being famous? Being handsome? Having a big cock? The list is endless of things that women are going to find attractive to them. If any woman chooses to go with a man for whatever legal reason then it’s a non-story. How is a famous person pulling a girl a story or an “abuse of power?”

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, the rape and sexual assault allegations are the story  

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Please take issue with the points you disagree with and discuss them. 

The fact he is famous and so much older with years of "experience" is very much an unbalanced power dynamic.

It's legal but its a window into the the nature of the man and newsworthy in the context of other allegations.

30 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Again, picking up 16 year olds from school as a 30 year old is extremely creepy but not a crime or headline news. 

Aren’t teacher/pupil relationships illegal?

If you’re going to start putting people on the news for using their priveliged position to pull a woman then it’s a slippery slope and there would be nothing else on the news. Where do you stop? Having money? Being famous? Being handsome? Having a big cock? The list is endless of things that women are going to find attractive to them. If any woman chooses to go with a man for whatever legal reason then it’s a non-story. How is a famous person pulling a girl a story or an “abuse of power?”

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, the rape and sexual assault allegations are the story  

"Pulling" a girl? "Pull" a woman. f**k sake. Think before you post.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The fact he is famous and so much older with years of "experience" is very much an unbalanced power dynamic.

It's legal but its a window into the the nature of the man and newsworthy in the context of other allegations.

It’s only newsworthy to the people who get off on that type of thing. If he has broken the law then he will be dealt with. Normal folks with more important things in life don’t really give a shit as long as the people involved are nothing to do with their lives.

IMG_1890.gif

Edited by supermik

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think some men often get defensive around allegations like this because they feel uncomfortable about behaviour being called out that they recognise from themselves in the past.  Some people also genuinely hate victims, they feel contempt for them showing weakness.  Of course, as well lots of men also hate women or at the very least don't look at them as fully human.  I think that ties back to promiscuity and Brand's behaviour - one person in the documentary said that Brand would have sex with multiple different women every day and I don't think that you could really do that and behave that way and have anything approaching a normal attitude towards women.  Also, I saw this from a female comedian about Brand

That's a classic misogynist. I said earlier in the thread that people who base their lives and personalties around "pulling women" are generally OFTW and that's another pattern I've seen in men who are absolutely obsessed with pulling women for sex, the kind of disgust at women and the quick drop and inability to form lasting relationships, romantic, friendships or even professional, is similar.

The funny thing about people like this chap is you can guess who they follow on twitter before you even look.

2 minutes ago, supermik said:

It’s only newsworthy to the people who get off on that type of thing. If he has broken the law then he will be dealt with. Normal folks with more important things in life don’t really give a shit as long as the people involved are nothing to do with their lives.

You're so normal that you can ignore rape. Then still find time to white knight another poster with his signature schtick. Well done you.  Superprik. 

2 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

You're so normal that you can ignore rape. Then still find time to white knight another poster with his signature schtick. Well done you.  Superprik. 

Greenie for the name calling, as for the rest… if you think that then, you stick with that thought. I know what I think.

3 minutes ago, supermik said:

Greenie for the name calling, as for the rest… if you think that then, you stick with that thought. I know what I think.

I quite like “superprik”. I’m calling you that if you ever disagree with me. 

Guest DannyBlue
12 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

The funny thing about people like this chap is you can guess who they follow on twitter before you even look.

Neil Oliver and the GB news team are using the story for their own self-interest and publicity but I suspect this barely literate tosser will find it in his heart to give them a pass.

And people wonder why victims hesitate to come forward.

Edited by DannyBlue

Went on Brand's Wikipedia page and see he's firstly just described as a 'conspiracy theorist' before anything else. I mean, it's better than what his Wiki will eventually list but was surprised to see that top of the pile.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Went on Brand's Wikipedia page and see he's firstly just described as a 'conspiracy theorist' before anything else. I mean, it's better than what his Wiki will eventually list but was surprised to see that top of the pile.

What did he actually do before? Panel show and chat show guest? Books about himself?