SMFC v HMFC

HT 1-0
Similar to the first half when Hearts last came here, post split. 
We have them pinned back, we are dominant, we are winning, and we should be winning by more. 
Ryan Strain stuck the ball into the north stand net infront of the stricken Jambos for the third time in his Saints career. Not a free kick this time, just a tap in.
The unmarked overlapping full back is such an attacking weapon for us, Tanser last week, Strain today. The two of them have been our best players, again. Hopefully other teams don't cotton on. 
Olusanya missed his weekly sitter when it looked easier to make it 2-0, then we had a nice goal chopped off for a 'high foot'.
Plucky Hearts are hanging in there, they've not done much of anything, but they shanned an undeserved point from us in that last game, we need to be wary, not complacent. 

And they continued to do it.  Never seen a team go down so easily.  Shankland especially.  

Unfortunately Walsh falling for it most of the time.  

Can see us going down to 10.  

On the football Hearts have had a lot of the ball, but Saints have created all the best chances and should be further ahead.  

Big half coming up!

5 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Yeah, right. Olasanya has cut two of our players and was booked for a third attempt. It's quite astonishing actually to have witnessed. 

Your "fans" in the stand are the biggest bunch of angry fucking idiots I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Your player should have been red carded - yet the fans are suggesting Atkinson should be put in a body bag.

Disgusting. 

Red card for what exactly? Tanser manhandled to the ground by that thug and he got injured in the process, boo fucking hoo

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

And they continued to do it.  Never seen a team go down so easily.  Shankland especially.  

Unfortunately Walsh falling for it most of the time.  

Can see us going down to 10.  

On the football Hearts have had a lot of the ball, but Saints have created all the best chances and should be further ahead.  

Big half coming up!

Your boy Olusanya should have walked. 

You are winning, but at least be honest enough to acknowledge that 50% of your game and Robinsons' managerial style is dark arts and nothing else. 

Just now, NathanDrake88 said:

Red card for what exactly? Tanser manhandled to the ground by that thug and he got injured in the process, boo fucking hoo

FFS it must be hard to watch a match with no eyes. 

Should probably be a bit more comfortable than it is. The chalked off goal was fair enough, but a bit frustrating as Gogic probably doesn't need to go for that with the high foot.

Hearts are definitely moulded by their manager; niggly, moany. I think Nick Walsh has had an OK game but he ought to have a word with himself for Olusanya's booking. He clearly had no idea what had happened and just booked him as Shankland turned away holding his face despite being given a slight push in the shoulder.

I'd take Olusanya off, as a innocuous foul could well see him walk. Baccus too maybe, although I have little sympathy as his yellow was his own fault.

6 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Yeah, right. Olasanya has cut two of our players and was booked for a third attempt. It's quite astonishing actually to have witnessed. 

Your "fans" in the stand are the biggest bunch of angry fucking idiots I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Your player should have been red carded - yet the fans are suggesting Atkinson should be put in a body bag.

Disgusting. 

Screenshot_20230128_193744_AdblockBrowser.thumb.jpg.416251e94394ab48b9c11bacae89aba4.jpg

I've see the replay, Tanser and Atkinson pulling each others shirts, if anything it was a foul for us.

Hearts came more into the game as the half continued, but I can't remember a team so eager to go down and roll about looking for fouls. The ref is buying most of them, it's a pity as Hearts were always a hard competitive team. 

Everything seems to be coming thru the Hearts big number 10. Shankland's always dangerous, but not been impressive. Hope he has a stinker for the next 45. 

I’ve never had a problem with shankland but his behaviour today is embarrassing given he’s the club captain. When he went down holding his face and The saints player was booked, he conned the very poor ref, falls over a lot, moans a lot, don’t remember him like that at saints, as for the idiot in away end making nazi salutes, other fans should be having a word 

13 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Disgusting. 

Behave. 

1 minute ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Coz he’s running them ragged 😂

If Hearts fans (well, fan) is arguing Olusanya should've been sent off for a slight push on Shankland in the shoulder, then I'd argue Shankland could've walked (I stress could, not should). His cheating to get Olusanya booked could've been a yellow, and kicking the ball away could also be a yellow.

7 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

Your boy Olusanya should have walked. 

You are winning, but at least be honest enough to acknowledge that 50% of your game and Robinsons' managerial style is dark arts and nothing else. 

Boris Johnson levels of gaslighting.