SMFC v HMFC

46 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It’s fcuking ridiculous. The roads around the stadium are wide as fcuk with plenty of access for emergency vehicles.Β 

I personally prefer to walk to stadium regardless of the weather but there are many supporters who are elderly or disabled who rely on their cars.

If someone has a blue badge are they exempt from these restrictions?
Β 

I DON'T want to turn this into a political thread at all, but it strikes me that there is an agenda toΒ  make driving less desirable, e.g. low emission zones, narrowing of roads for cycle lanes and larger bus stops, the proposed ban on petrol cars, etc. This is understandable to an extent, given the implications of climate change, but this certainly is not how it should be done.

Perhaps supporters should organise a petition? That should be easy enough nowadays with social media.

Also, if the club owns adjacent land, as I understand we do, then what about creating additional car parking spaces? It might make the club a few quid.

4 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Also, if the club owns adjacent land, as I understand we do, then what about creating additional car parking spaces? It might make the club a few quid.

We already have a stadium car park that is often underutilised as people prefer to park in the street.

I’m not sure spending money on making an additional car park is across the road is going to change anything.Β 

It’s a fcuking nonsense.Β We should all pay road tax if we are car owners. There should not be any restrictions around this area aside from main access points to stadium.Β 

I have noticed people parking right by the stadium entrance, at road junctions, in front of local residents driveways or bus stops. Ticket those eejits by all means.

Aside from that get these draconian rules lifted.Β 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We already have a stadium car park that is often underutilised as people prefer to park in the street.

I’m not sure spending money on making an additional car park is across the road is going to change anything.Β 

It’s a fcuking nonsense.Β We should all pay road tax if we are car owners. There should not be any restrictions around this area aside from main access points to stadium.Β 

I have noticed people parking right by the stadium entrance, at road junctions, in front of local residents driveways or bus stops. Ticket those eejits by all means.

Aside from that get these draconian rules lifted.Β 

My point was that if these spuriously justified fines continue there may well be the need for additional car parking spaces!

I also agreed with you that they are unjustifiable and suggested a petition. Folk could also write to their elected representatives. What else do you suggest? There's little point moaning on an internet forum, as I cannot imagine that, by itself, will inspire change.Β 

Β 

Looks like a 4-3-3 for us. Beni, Devlin and Nieuwenhof in the middle.

Let's hope Beni is up to it this time, still feels a risk starting him with no minutes under his belt but has been training for about 3 weeks.

Not much in the way of attacking options on the bench.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1705564237907611721?t=3sdA23SSF-XKphmqnm4HWA&s=19

Edited by Tony Wonder

4 hours ago, btb said:

Why?

Why must everything must be arranged to suit car owners - speaking as a car owner who travels from Ayr by train when possible and doesn't like the anarchic parking around the ground on matchdays anyway. @Arch Stanton

I do bus, ferry , train myself Colin thank goodness for St James. I have walked some of these streets before games. Clark Street is jam packed with cars as is surrounding streets. If I was to park and do a 15 to 20 minuteΒ  walk in pishing rain I'm afraid I would choose to miss the game . I'm semi retired now maybe in my younger days rain would not bother me but it certainly does now. The heavy type.Β 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looks like a 4-3-3 for us. Beni, Devlin and Nieuwenhof in the middle.

Let's hope Beni is up to it this time, still feels a risk starting him with no minutes under his belt but has been training for about 3 weeks.

Not much in the way of attacking options on the bench.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1705564237907611721?t=3sdA23SSF-XKphmqnm4HWA&s=19

He must be ready by now.

If they are fit and ready to play it is a decent midfield, it's a midfield that can and will compete.

The front 3 are decent as well. Proper players.

There are no passengers or players out of position for a change.

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Don’t agree with us booking a guy who has obviously been injured. Β 

But after seeing Hearts players feign injury for the first 40 minutes you can see why we might have initially been sceptical.Β 

Yeah, right. Olasanya has cut two of our players and was booked for a third attempt. It's quite astonishing actually to have witnessed.Β 

Your "fans" in the stand are the biggest bunch of angry fucking idiots I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Your player should have been red carded - yet the fans are suggesting Atkinson should be put in a body bag.

Disgusting.Β