SMFC v HMFC

As  things stand, Aberdeen are the 2nd worse team in Scotland so beating them at home doesn't add up to much, St Mirren are the 2nd best team in Scotland so winning here is a task. 

It's all very nice seeing them and Motherwell up the top of the league as it makes it look like there is a competition in Scotland and not the some old but we really need to win this as 7 points from 5 games is garbage. 

So, I am going for an away win. Gives me something to moan about if we fail.

10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

As  things stand, Aberdeen are the 2nd worse team in Scotland so beating them at home doesn't add up to much, St Mirren are the 2nd best team in Scotland so winning here is a task. 

It's all very nice seeing them and Motherwell up the top of the league as it makes it look like there is a competition in Scotland and not the some old but we really need to win this as 7 points from 5 games is garbage. 

In all honesty, it was good to see Hearts winning yesterday.

I think more Saints fans would be a bit twitchy about Hearts emptying their management team just now than Aberdeen as we're probably not a road they'd opt to go down again for a bit after Goodwin.

Robinson to Hearts feels far more likely than Aberdeen, so the longer your management team pick up results to stick together, the better.

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

There is no competition in Scotland in regard to anyone even getting close to the two big uglies. When the dust settles, they’ll  finish 1-2, and probably by anywhere between 30 and 70 points ahead. What I’ve been saying for years now, is that those two aside, there’s competition between everyone else and not a whole lot between the rest of the league. The bigger clubs are obviously Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen, and all three may well end up ‘Top 6’, they probably will, but it’ll be tight. I can’t see a gulf between Scotland’s next three biggest clubs and the likes of St Mirren, Killie, Motherwell, Livvy (especially on their bollocks playing surface). There won’t be much between St Mirren & Hearts on Saturday.*

*If this ends up 5-zip to someone, I’m out of here. 😃

8 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

This is how Saints cost Hearts the title in 86

This. Forget the drama and conspiracy. We lost it at the start

Anyway well done all you lot, got all the nostalgia front-loaded in the thread and safely out of the way; can we now discuss the match....

11 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

This. Forget the drama and conspiracy. We lost it at the start

Anyway well done all you lot, got all the nostalgia front-loaded in the thread and safely out of the way; can we now discuss the match....

Any of your players likely to miss the game through injury or suspension?

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

In all honesty, it was good to see Hearts winning yesterday.

I think more Saints fans would be a bit twitchy about Hearts emptying their management team just now than Aberdeen as we're probably not a road they'd opt to go down again for a bit after Goodwin.

Robinson to Hearts feels far more likely than Aberdeen, so the longer your management team pick up results to stick together, the better.

I think we are still paying Neilson and McCulloch a wage. If we sack Naismith and co we'd have to keep paying them plus the new management team. I can't see them being sacked just now. If Robbie gets a new job though.

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Only about 900 odd home end tickets still available with almost a week still to go. Assuming Hearts will sell their full entitlement. 
Looks to be heading for another sell out. Good times. 👍

Get the corners filled in and a second tier built on the West Bank. Now. 😎

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Only about 900 odd home end tickets still available with almost a week still to go. Assuming Hearts will sell their full entitlement. 

They'll comfortably sell out. Could probably do so twice to be honest.

Looking forward to this as it's last time for a while we'll have a team visiting who will sell out their allocation and not scream and whine about getting only one stand and telling us we're losing x hundred thousand quid by refusing their colour of pound.

43 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking forward to this as it's last time for a while we'll have a team visiting who will sell out their allocation and not scream and whine about getting only one stand and telling us we're losing x hundred thousand quid by refusing their colour of pound.

Is bigot a colour  ?

The 

Jose Quitongo
Bobby Zlamal
Andy Webster
Adam Eckersley
Dennis Wyness
Scott Gallacher
Ryan Edwards
Allan Johnston
Lawrence Shankland
Liam Smith
Marian Kello
Mark Ridgers
Tony Watt
Dean Lyness
Mihai Popescu
Danny Grainger
John Sutton
Isma Goncalves
Ross Stewart
Gavin Reilly

<Delete where applicable>

Derby

I mean, yous probably had Alan Gow too at some point, lets be honest, who hasn't.

Also, overall that's a pretty poor list of players no matter how you frame it. Apart from the obvious ones.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s brilliant to see the fans backing the team/club/management. We should all enjoy these good times while they last. 
Hopefully it lasts a long time.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

What colour is Hearts’ pound?

1 hour ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

The 

Jose Quitongo
Bobby Zlamal
Andy Webster
Adam Eckersley
Dennis Wyness
Scott Gallacher
Ryan Edwards
Allan Johnston
Lawrence Shankland
Liam Smith
Marian Kello
Mark Ridgers
Tony Watt
Dean Lyness
Mihai Popescu
Danny Grainger
John Sutton
Isma Goncalves
Ross Stewart
Gavin Reilly

<Delete where applicable>

Derby

I mean, yous probably had Alan Gow too at some point, lets be honest, who hasn't.

Also, overall that's a pretty poor list of players no matter how you frame it. Apart from the obvious ones.

99.99% sure Dean Lyness never played for Hearts.  David Winnie did unfortunately