Pars vs Morton - Sat 23rd Sep

If we play the way we did on Saturday, which people have said is much more like last term's performances, we'll probably be able to get a result here. Draw, or ideally a win.

Dunfermline seem to have enjoyed a solid start (certainly better then ours), but the addition of French and, therefore, a quality RB to our side, makes us a much better team.

I should be getting to this one, love EEP for an away game. 

I'll go 1-1 for this, but a solid chance of a good game that could go either way.

I’d echo what ClydeTon said. We looked like a different team last week, and I’m hoping that performance provides us with the ‘onwards and upwards’ springboard to better things. Aggressive?  No more than any other committed team. In-your-face and constantly snapping at your heels? Most certainly. I’ve also enjoyed some cracking away days at Dunfermline. Always a good craic with the Pars support. Looking forward to it.

So, Fifes biggest team host Greenock Morton in Fife finest stadium eh? 
How’s yer teams discipline record so far guys? Are your boys prone to getting all kicky and hacky 30 to 40 yards out from yer goal? 
Have you ever heard of Lewis McCann? 
I’m looking forward to this, feels like I’ve been away from EEP for weeks……. Oh wait 

2-0 Pars, 3-0 if you give away a free kick within 40 yairds 

Thanks. 

This should be an interesting game, certainly a lot more interesting than several fixtures between the two of us over the years. We still have a few injuries and while it was a good win on Saturday, I can't see Morton playing into our hands as much as Queens Park did at the weekend. It always seems that we do well against Morton when they have a decent side and lose when they are absolute bobbins, so going by that we should win this although I still worry that we aren't clinical enough and have a strange inability to restrict teams to only one or two chances which they end up taking anyway. Think a 1-1 draw is as likely a result as any other so that's what I'll predict.

I took in the Morton v Partick Thistle 1-4 game the other week, and based on that - I really thought it would be curtains for Imrie.  Did ok for the first 30 mins then seemed to just play into Thistles hands and concede basic goals.  There were some right angry folk walking away from that game.   

But can’t be going to Tannadice and getting a good draw if you’re totally pish so it sounds like a typical championship match up coming our way!  

If we have any ambition of finishing in the top 4, this is exactly the kind of game we need to be winning.   It’s going to be tough!

Based on absolutely no research at all whatsoever, I don’t think we have the best record against Morton. 
contrary to my post above, I don’t think this will be a high scoring affair. 
We are more than capable in defensive shutouts, even without our glorious on the park leader, Bene. 
However, after some very dogged attacks we can sometimes struggle to find the net. 
My heart says Pars to win by a couple of goals, but my head says it’ll be a damp lifeless 0-0 or 1-1 draw. 

4 hours ago, parsboi said:

I took in the Morton v Partick Thistle 1-4 game the other week, and based on that - I really thought it would be curtains for Imrie.  Did ok for the first 30 mins then seemed to just play into Thistles hands and concede basic goals.  There were some right angry folk walking away from that game.   

We only had 4 defenders on our books at that point. One was 39 year old Kirk Broaffoot and none were right backs.

We now have 5 with the signing of French, a living breathing right back, and the possibility to take Broadfood out of the team to restore last season's center half pairing (although this didn't happen on Saturday).

The fans were not happy losing convincingly, losing against that rabble, and the continued lack of reinforcements but Imrie still has way too much credit in the bank to be under any real pressure.

While we are still light and need more reinforcements - we still have the majority of last season's first team in place with an upgraded keeper and Grimshaw finally replaced.

Time to kick on further and no better time than Saturday.

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

So, Fifes biggest team host Greenock Morton in Fife finest stadium eh? 
How’s yer teams discipline record so far guys? Are your boys prone to getting all kicky and hacky 30 to 40 yards out from yer goal? 
Have you ever heard of Lewis McCann? 
I’m looking forward to this, feels like I’ve been away from EEP for weeks……. Oh wait 

2-0 Pars, 3-0 if you give away a free kick within 40 yairds 

Thanks. 

Well Fifes best team beat them anyway eh!

27 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I noticed Jamie McDonald was subbed on Saturday.What happened there?

Nothing’s been officially said, but I saw him take a particularly hard knock in an aerial penalty-area challenge towards the end of the 1st half which floored him for a minute or so. I’m guessing it relates to that.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Well Fifes best team beat them anyway eh!

Sometimes the smallest dog in the fight will prevail, in this case the wee yin won round one of four. 
I’ll doff my cap to you sir, if the wee team can remain unbeaten against us this season. Only time will tell, eh? 

16 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Genuinely can't think of a single entertaining match involving these two sides. Am I forgetting one? 

There was a 3-2 at Cappielow in September 2017 iirc

ETA: A 3-2 at Cappielow in January 2020 which I've no recollection of whatsoever.

Edited by Rob1885

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

There was a 3-2 at Cappielow in September 2017 iirc

ETA: A 3-2 at Cappielow in January 2020 which I've no recollection of whatsoever.

I recall the one at Cappielow in 2020

I remember nothing of it but I remember walking up to the ground with ticket in hand... that's all I can remember, for some reason.

Edited by ClydeTon