Pars vs Morton - Sat 23rd Sep

44 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Genuinely can't think of a single entertaining match involving these two sides. Am I forgetting one? 

I remember coming from 2-0 down to get a draw at EEP. Ryan Wallace scored a header?

Believe it was a week after we’d got a point from two down at Falkirk as well.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Genuinely can't think of a single entertaining match involving these two sides. Am I forgetting one? 

I have a distant memory of a game at Cappielow in the 95-96 season which ended in a massive brawl between the players - possibly relating to a late equaliser following an incident where the ball was not returned to the team who had put it out of play to allow treatment of a player.  I tried (and failed) to find a video of it on youtube or a match report, but I am sure this did happen.  I was only 15 at the time and cannot remember much about the game, but I definitely found the fight entertaining at the time

1 hour ago, Vril said:

I have a distant memory of a game at Cappielow in the 95-96 season which ended in a massive brawl between the players - possibly relating to a late equaliser following an incident where the ball was not returned to the team who had put it out of play to allow treatment of a player.  I tried (and failed) to find a video of it on youtube or a match report, but I am sure this did happen.  I was only 15 at the time and cannot remember much about the game, but I definitely found the fight entertaining at the time

Yes, hence the comment below...

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Marco Rajamaki can still f**k right off.

At least in part. He also had a knack of scoring against us so maybe that was just what the post was about but I'm sure Rajamaki and the other lad from abroad were involved.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

There was a 3-2 at Cappielow in September 2017 iirc

ETA: A 3-2 at Cappielow in January 2020 which I've no recollection of whatsoever.

The first was a Morton win from 2-0 down with Quitongo getting a late winner in the blazing sun.

The 2020 one was in a monsoon and saw Dunfermline score the first and last goals of the game, with their keeper not doing terribly well at a corner for our 3rd.

2 hours ago, Vril said:

We didn't score from the throw, but scored from the 2nd one after the 1st was cleared. There was no camera at the game, despite it being between two promotion rivals.

1996.3.19Morton1-1Dunfermline(9).thumb.jpg.75609b9c6bc4e7891b877db22e9fd6a5.jpg

Looking forward to this, hopefully see Allan and Tod  return to the match day squad mean we might actually fill the bench for once.

Hopefully Mehmet in particular and Breen aren't too far away now just leaving Bene, KRH and Todd on the injury pile.

Robbie Muirhead really seems to have found his goalscoring ability at Morton after being a dud elsewhere.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

We didn't score from the throw, but scored from the 2nd one after the 1st was cleared. There was no camera at the game, despite it being between two promotion rivals.

Was this a midweek game? I vaguely remember this all unfolding as I watched just meters away.

I also remember a game v Dunfermline on a Saturday where Derek McInnes lobbed the keeper at the WDE goal. 

Why are these games always so fucking shite? Every time I have seen us play Morton (apart from the promotion clincher) the game has been so void of quality, and we almost always end up losing. 

How many starters are going to be out for this one? Who fucking cares. QP could be going through their Peter Grant-esque banter spell, but we absolutely bodied them with a shoestring team. When you have McCann at your disposal on top form, he can rip anyone apart. I am confident we can keep our run going. 

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll add, the worst game of football I've ever watched on the tele was a nil nil draw between the sides during the covid season. Jesus wept I could have gret it was that fucking boring.

Agreed. It was like being sat watching your own toenails grow.

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll add, the worst game of football I've ever watched on the tele was a nil nil draw between the sides during the covid season. Jesus wept I could have gret it was that fucking boring.

I don’t know how anyone could stand watching games during Covid tbh. That season just basically doesn’t exist in my head.

9 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Was this a midweek game? I vaguely remember this all unfolding as I watched just meters away.

I also remember a game v Dunfermline on a Saturday where Derek McInnes lobbed the keeper at the WDE goal. 

Yes it was a Tuesday night rearranged game.

A fortnight earlier we'd lost 4-1 at EEP (Andre Boe's last game) and the Pars had crocked both Janne Lindberg and Warren Hawke, which likely contributed to the players' "not giving the ball back" attitude at Scapa.

The other game, as mentioned elsewhere was us ending a strong Dunfermline run. The famous photo of drookit Morton fans at the bus stop came from this game.

12 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Pars would have won in the tunnel if the bunnit didn’t save yer sorry arses 😜

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t know how anyone could stand watching games during Covid tbh. That season just basically doesn’t exist in my head.

Was on the BBC and there wasn't exactly a plethora of other things to do at the time 😂😂

24 minutes ago, Wacky said:

The covid season was utterly shite on telly, but it was worse with the canned crowd noise.  
The bizarrest ting I seen at that time was the wrestling, all those telly screens round the arena was hilarious 

Funny as fkc when people were putting up pictures of Benoit though.