Pars vs Morton - Sat 23rd Sep

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

the game has been so void of quality

Aw surely you jest?! Watching Alex Keddie riverdance as the ball trickled past him into the net in March 2011 is up there with the best comic moments I've ever seen*

*not at the time - I was utterly fuckin raging at him

Edited by da_no_1

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Aw surely you jest?! Watching Alex Keddie riverdance as the ball trickled past him in March 2011 is up there with the best comic moments I've ever seen*

If memory serves me, even the keeper was mesmerised and rooted to the spot 

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Aw surely you jest?! Watching Alex Keddie riverdance as the ball trickled past him into the net in March 2011 is up there with the best comic moments I've ever seen*

Was it not more an attempt at shielding the ball out of play only to shield it into goal?

Just watched the Utd Morton highlights. Poor marking for the Dundee goal, and a comedy of errors for the Morton goal. 
I seen nothing special in that package to worry about.
Morton was happy to shoot from range. Hopefully Harry is sharp enough to watch for that. 

I think the fact we have mostly been better than Dunfernline for a decade and have therefore had a better head to head record over that period is leading Dunfermline fans to fixate on the shite games.

Yes, there have been some absolute stinkers like the 1-1 at EEP two seasons ago and both the televised league game and Scottish Cup game at Cappielow in the Covid season, but even if Dunfermline have more frequently been shite this fixture has not been consistently devoid of any quality. Shockingly we were actually very good when we thumped you 5-0 the last time at Cappielow. There've been several entertaining and even highscoring close games over that time, even if some of our regular Oliver or Quitongo delivered 2-1 or 3-2 wins had as much to do with Lee Robinson being useless as our attacking quality.

Even when we were both absolutely mince teams with genuine contenders for the worst ever manager at both clubs in MacPherson and Grant, the 2-2 that started the 21/22 season was a decent watch, while the 3-1 a few months later just after Grant was sacked was a good Morton performance regardless of being a terrible Dunfermline one. Similarly, regardless of us being utter mince under Johansson, it didn't stop Dunfermline being very good when they dismantled us 3-0 at EEP that season, same with the 3-1 there under Hopkin when we couldn't get near Kiltie or Nisbet.

46 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think the fact we have mostly been better than Dunfernline for a decade and have therefore had a better head to head record over that period is leading Dunfermline fans to fixate on the shite games.

Yes, there have been some absolute stinkers like the 1-1 at EEP two seasons ago and both the televised league game and Scottish Cup game at Cappielow in the Covid season, but even if Dunfermline have more frequently been shite this fixture has not been consistently devoid of any quality. Shockingly we were actually very good when we thumped you 5-0 the last time at Cappielow. There've been several entertaining and even highscoring close games over that time, even if some of our regular Oliver or Quitongo delivered 2-1 or 3-2 wins had as much to do with Lee Robinson being useless as our attacking quality.

Even when we were both absolutely mince teams with genuine contenders for the worst ever manager at both clubs in MacPherson and Grant, the 2-2 that started the 21/22 season was a decent watch, while the 3-1 a few months later just after Grant was sacked was a good Morton performance regardless of being a terrible Dunfermline one. Similarly, regardless of us being utter mince under Johansson, it didn't stop Dunfermline being very good when they dismantled us 3-0 at EEP that season, same with the 3-1 there under Hopkin when we couldn't get near Kiltie or Nisbet.

Wasn't Kiltie at Morton on loan before us? Thought he looked absolutely fantastic tbf.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Our only home loss that season, and our last loss of the season. We would go unbeaten on our way to winning the title at Cappielow, lovely stuff. 

There was a game against Morton where Donovan Simmonds looked a world beater. An odd fixture. 

59 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think the fact we have mostly been better than Dunfermline for a decade and have therefore had a better head to head record over that period is leading Dunfermline fans to fixate on the shite games.

I don't think a team regularly being better or worse than us has any real effect on whether we fixate on the good games or the shite games. Dundee Utd in recent history have pretty much always been better than us but playing them usually has some bite or excitement even if our recent record isn't all that. Likewise, whilst we have in recent times had the better of Airdrie, I'd expect both sets of fans to consider the 5 matches in the last season and a bit to all be tight, tense and enjoyable affairs. Granted, both those teams we've played a lot less often than yourselves. 

I think in all honesty, at this level if you play each other enough you get shit matches against anyone from time to time, and with Morton there have been a quite a few contenders for the shittest of the shit.

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Wasn't Kiltie at Morton on loan before us? Thought he looked absolutely fantastic tbf.

Yeah, even though we ended up finishing 5th it's not an exaggeration to say signing him in January kept us up. Six goals in 14 games, he was obviously too good for this division.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, even though we ended up finishing 5th it's not an exaggeration to say signing him in January kept us up. Six goals in 14 games, he was obviously too good for this division.

Scored the penalty at EEP that kept us up, a week before Johannsen quit.

9 hours ago, Wacky said:

Just watched the Utd Morton highlights. Poor marking for the Dundee goal, and a comedy of errors for the Morton goal. 
I seen nothing special in that package to worry about.
Morton was happy to shoot from range. Hopefully Harry is sharp enough to watch for that. 

The only thing you need to worry about is the way they foul you at every opportunity and if you have a totally incompetent ref like we had they’ll get away with it all day long. They never looked like they could score against us even when we were wrongly down to ten men.

2 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

The only thing you need to worry about is the way they foul you at every opportunity and if you have a totally incompetent ref like we had they’ll get away with it all day long. They never looked like they could score against us even when we were wrongly down to ten men.

Cry more. 

3 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

meter45.gif.5f3a838e64e0bf71e5ef33c8ed2e0654.gif

What a whiny little bitch.

🤣🤣🤣  You have to be trolling here, right??

The sending off has already been agreed to have been the correct decision by almost all who’ve commented on it on here.

As for the rest, the BBC stats indicate a pretty close game…..   but wait, what’s that? Down at the bottom there……… United 15 fouls (fifteen), and Morton a mere 12 ?? And yet, have our fans been bleating about this obvious strongarm  approach from the home team?? Maybe we should have been…….

Meanwhile, you’ve shown yourself up to be a complete and utter fanny. Go stand in the corner till Saturday.

IMG_0883.jpeg

12 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

WOW! 
Every player from every team fouls their opponents at some point. Sometimes players can pull the wool over the refs eyes and get away with it, sometimes they can’t.
Refs don’t always get it right, and every team will suffer for that at some point. We’ve all had players sent off for fouls we feel didn’t justify a red, shit happens mate. 
Maybe it’s an age thing, but I get over perceived inconsistency from refs fairly quickly. You have to remember human nature too, players who feel they’ve been wronged can sometimes play with a bit more aggression, which leads to the refs keeping their eye on said player. Then the knock on effect can sometimes be their teammates level of aggression can rise on behalf of their teammate. Then the ref has no choice but to issue warnings, cards. This can snowball into the crowd, who then feel like you, they think the ref has it in for their team. 

Life’s way too short to still be seething 3-4 days later, look forward to yer next game instead of looking back in anger. 
yer welcome 

Edited by Wacky

19 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet