Pars vs Morton - Sat 23rd Sep

We’ve played some excellent stuff so far. Morton have been absolutely dreadful though, definitely the worst team we’ve played so far. Their defence is incredibly slow and we’re getting through them with ease. McCann should have made it 3.

They’ve been physical, but it’s nowhere near the extent that United fans suggested. The fact they’re still kicking the ball away to waste time at 2-0 down is just weird. They’ve come with that game plan and the players aren’t smart enough to realise it doesn’t benefit them at all at 2-0 down.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

No one's playing well there and you can't let the rest of them off the hook for it, no area of the park is working and you could argue for subbing any of them, but you can't get away from Broadfoot being the root of so many of the problems.

We had the second best defence in the division last season and we've not seen that centre back pairing together once, all to accommodate a guy who gives away a goal a game and drags Baird down to his level. Give us a solid defensive foundation again and we might get somewhere but as long as we're incapable of keeping clean sheets we're in trouble.

The Broadfoot booking was one of the daftest bookings I have seen in a while. 

Please no repeat of 2017 ffs. Pretty sure that was 2-0 at HT and we totally bottled it! 

Morton had a decent wee spell about 10 mins before HT, but that’s been it from them. They look very poor and susceptible any time we get forward. It really should be three. I am going to be harsh on McCann for that chance: he should be taking his time and rolling it, or even taking a touch. Silly from him and as long as it is 2-0, Morton can still knick a goal and make us shite ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The Broadfoot booking was one of the daftest bookings I have seen in a while. 

When was Broadfoot booked? Assume you mean the right back, for the stupid handball to block a throw-in? So daft and it was so early to get himself booked for something so needless as well. Punched the ball into the stand to slow the game down, so Edwards got another ball and he almost slapped it out his hands as he went to throw it. But then, their whole team are wasting time and kicking the ball away at 2-0 down, so I’d argue their players are maybe just all really stupid - surely the manager isn’t still telling them to do that?

Fuxake. Only 43 goals conceded last year - the best defence in the league. We've now shipped over a third of that total in just 6 games. O'Connor now injured, French stretchered off, Broadfoot presumably suspended, Oakley injured, Quitongo injured.  I have no idea where a back four will come from next week, nor have I any idea who's going to score up the other end, because Robbie Muirhead's not getting any service from a weakened midfield. Not a great time to be a Morton supporter.

Edited by Chippyminton

Broadfoot is still one more booking away from a suspension. Which is a shame, because at this point I'd rather see Jack Bearne, who is a winger so far out of his depth at this level it's like watching a child thrown into a professional game, at centre back.

Fifteen goals conceded in six games is absolutely appalling and we are clearly relegation material as it stands. Until we sort that defence out by getting Baird and O'Connor back together at centre back things aren't going to improve.

Good win. Could have scored more on another day, but can’t complain with 3-1. Defended well, other than the goal. Played some great football at times too.

Morton will struggle with that defence - their fans seem to be aware of that though, so I won’t focus on it. McCann and Wighton were excellent today and actually looked like a real partnership. Summers had another good game. O’Halloran had an excellent game at wing back and deserved his goal. Moffat looked good when he came on. Jakubiak had good movement and good ideas, but is clearly lacking sharpness.

Also wanted to add - Dougie Imrie gets a lot of stick. But I noticed he applauded the NW guys singing about Kray Bathgate after the third goal. Credit where it’s due.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

But I noticed he applauded the NW guys singing about Kray Bathgate after the third goal. Credit where it’s due.

Thought the ref was a bit wide as MacDonald wasn't going to take the goal kick right away during the 18th minute but the referee was whistling telling him to hurry up.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Also wanted to add - Dougie Imrie gets a lot of stick. But I noticed he applauded the NW guys singing about Kray Bathgate after the third goal. Credit where it’s due.

All the Morton supporters around me were applauding on the 18-minute mark as well. We had a similar event when one of our long-term supporters passed. Most of the other team's fans were joining in. Always good to see respect for a fan of the game, no matter who he/she supports.

Edited by Chippyminton