Partick vs Pars

We round out Septmber with a third away trip of the month (in the league; it's four if you include the Challenge Cup).

We had a very encouraging result and performance today, which we also had last week. Partick had a great one last week but were pumped at Firhill today by Arbroath 0-3.

We'll still be without Mehmet, Breen, Benedictus, Tod, Todd and KRH, but have a really good starting XI and a couple of good options off the bench (alongside some unproven youth players).

Partick fans can speak to their team/squad, but I'm hoping for another away win next week obviously.

Thought we were quite unlucky in the Scottish Cup early in the year (Hamilton's chance!) but played quite well. Think we're probably better now though. 

Anyway, see you in the Woody/Munn's/Star and Garter/the canal path.

Play like we did yesterday the points will surely be going East again.

Hopefully MacMillan back at right back shoreing up that glaring gap ,however, big worry is defensive midfield... Williamson must get a crack at it again ?

Big change needed also in mental attitude and desire to win which we were devoid of yesterday with possible exceptions of Fitzpatrick and Lawless .

Edited by I Clavdivs

29 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Looking forward to it, have missed the last few weeks due to previous arrangements. Was choking to go yesterday but couldn’t make it so heading to Firhill now.

Bit early. Game isn't until Saturday.

A big test for Kris Doolan and his team. 

Yesterday we were second best and there was little, if anything to take from a pretty abject performance.

My straw clutchings centre around that we cannot play that badly again and I feel the players within the squad will not be happy with their performance either. Also the Cinch Championship is a bat crazy league. We do have talent but the players need to show it.

I think it could be a decent game, as we don't do defending but can score, usually. 

Pars seem to have found a nice seem of form and confidence is a big thing.

I’m going to service the bike this week while on holiday and take it on its last outing of the year to firhill. From what I’ve seen of the jags this season and they’re not to be taken lightly, and will be looking to redeem themselves at home against us. 
As for the Pars, you can see our latest lineup is gelling nicely and growing in confidence. It was a fantastic three points against a decent Morton, so we’ll be looking for another three in this game. 
I think this will be a bit tougher away from home, but I still think we’ll have enough about us to bring the three points back to the kingdom 

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No reason why we can't get all 3 points here. 

We're on great form, scoring goals, taking names. 

I feel quite confident looking at our score and Thistle’s score from the weekend. That being said, the last few years Firhill hasn’t been a happy hunting ground, in fact I’ve seen us throw up some utter mince at Firhill.

My first game at Firhill was a 4-0 thumping in December 2002. I remember going to the game thinking an away win was the only thing on the cards, I would have just turned 11 and I’m sure Partick Thistle were the “newbies” to the league (could be wrong) so I was a tad naive. However, I didn’t expect to be on the end of the rout.

I was at the 0-3 Scottish Cup 1/4 final game on the road to the final the following season which was great. However, I’ve also seen us emptied 5-1 there as the financial issues began to creep into knowledge (although we did win 0-1 in the Scottish Cup a few weeks later), was at the mad 3-3 game where we needed the win and they were having a title party and certainly a few others although sadly the ones that stick out are the most recent, and that’s a piss poor team under AJ weeks before he was binned and once under Yogi towards the end of the season before our relegation.

I think Firhill must be one of my most visited away grounds, perhaps with Tannadice. Here’s hoping it’s a happy hunt on Saturday!

Ben Summers masterclass incoming, 1-2.

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Are we in the old Main Stand again I take it? Not a huge fan if we're getting stuck in there but yesterday has me thinking of heading through.

14 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Any idea if the tickets aren’t on sale yet? I’ve navigated to the page for the match on Thistle’s website, but the click here part doesn’t seem to lead to anywhere.

IMG_5543.png

The Thistle website has now changed from The Toun Clock's screenshot. Looks like we will be in the Jackie Husband stand instead! Great news 😃

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

That last visit to Firhill with "Yogi" in charge still makes me angry. Awful team selection & performance

Some transformation from then & now.

To be pedantic, and I do love being that! The last visit to Firhill under Yogi was against Queens Park. 

Was also shite but we should've won really.