Partick vs Pars

5 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

Agreed! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy going to Firhill, one of the first fixtures I look for on the calendar.

But the Main Stand is a dump. 

Yup, I like Firhill and agree that Partick is a top away day, but that main stand is a bin. See also Cappielow and Morton.

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Haven’t watched it back since the immediate aftermath of the game, but I seem to recall Graham being about a yard offside when the ball was kicked. He was back onside by the time he headed the ball in which might explain why the linesman missed it, but I’m sure he was off at the time of the cross.

Could well be right then, tbf I haven’t watched it back either. Too miserable to do so given if we scored one of our many chances that night we’d have avoided being bottom at the shutdown. 

In terms of this game, I think it should probably be fairly even but if we play like we did against Arbroath then Dunfermline will win no doubt. I wonder if Doolan will rethink a few things team wise ahead of the game, hopefully McMillan is back for this one. Felt Graham looked like he really could do with a bit more pace closer to him on Saturday (although his own performance was still poor regardless). The midfield from a defensive point of view continues to be the most glaring issue in the team, Ben Williamson seems to be a bit out of favour at the moment having started a few games early on. 

Edited by JagsCG

10 hours ago, Weegie Par said:

Agreed! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy going to Firhill, one of the first fixtures I look for on the calendar.

But the Main Stand is a dump. 

Can't disagree with that,however,my understanding is potential plans for refurbishment of old stand are being worked on .I believe some initial outside work has already taken place. 

I think Firhill is the only stadium in the country where I’ve watched the pars play from every one of the stands. And I include EEP in that! 
Only ever seen us win there from behind the goals right enough.

edit: I forgot Cowdenbeath existed. And by technicality I guess Dumbarton and Spartans can be added to this list.

Edited by AlwaysAPar

1 hour ago, AlwaysAPar said:

I think Firhill is the only stadium in the country where I’ve watched the pars play from every one of the stands. And I include EEP in that! 

Think I've done that with Thistle at Cappielow. In addition to the two normal away ends, was in the stand for a league cup early round game, and we played Clydebank when they were sharing there and Thistle Fans were behind the home goal with Clydebank support in the stand. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Been years since I've been in the main stand is it actually that bad? It's got seats and a roof, what more could you want? 

It's not awful, but the toilets are grim (not as bad as Somerset), the catering area is cramped, the seats aren't comfortable, there's no leg room and because of the third of the stand that is taken up by offices (and bizarrely being hemmed in by tape when there were plenty of seats available in the middle section), you can't always guarantee a view of the action on the pitch. It's better than Cappilow's stand (just) and Cowdenbeath's old stand but that's hardly a ringing endorsement. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAPar said:

I liked it when we were behind the goals, especially when we took a good crowd through. Totally get why Partick would want their own supporters in there though.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Been in every stans for a game at East End. Was in the Cowden end for a Scotland 21s game about 20 years ago. The other 3 stands take care of themselves really.

Not only have I been in all four stands, I'll claim I've been in all five as they currently operate - Main when I was younger and the odd Cup game when it's all that's been open, the Norrie currently as that's my season ticket seat, the North West in the first season it was seated/last season there was any terracing, the North East for the Scotland under-21 game when Chris McGroarty was in the squad but didn't play, and the Cowdenbeath end when the home stand wasn't completed after building (and also for the Arsenal friendly). I'm also of the age where I stood on the North terracing when it was "the cage" and behind the goals at the West end when I was younger, stood on the open East terrace for the Division One title winning match v Meadowbank and in the wee enclosure a few times as well. Add in the hospitality boxes and I think I've seen games from every possible vantage point at East End barring the dug outs and pitchside as I was never a ball-boy.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's not awful, but the toilets are grim (not as bad as Somerset), the catering area is cramped, the seats aren't comfortable, there's no leg room and because of the third of the stand that is taken up by offices (and bizarrely being hemmed in by tape when there were plenty of seats available in the middle section), you can't always guarantee a view of the action on the pitch. It's better than Cappilow's stand (just) and Cowdenbeath's old stand but that's hardly a ringing endorsement. 

Other than that pretty good. I think the last time I was in the stand was against Celtic when the board / management at the time decided to move season ticket holders to the main stand and give them the North stand (Lambie stand) and some / all of the Jackie Husband. Awful decision other than the extra money, don't think I even visited the toilets and probably left at 3-0 down. The noise level out of the stand always impresses me, if it's even half full and fans are vocal, it does sound very loud.