Partick vs Pars

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Been in every stand for a game at East End. Was in the Cowden end for a Scotland 21s game about 20 years ago. The other 3 stands take care of themselves really.

A quick Google shows the game in question to be a draw with Denmark in 2002, attendance was only just under 3k so f**k knows why the away end was open.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Been in every stand for a game at East End. Was in the Cowden end for a Scotland 21s game about 20 years ago. The other 3 stands take care of themselves really.

I was in the Cowden end for some games in the late 90's when the Norrie was under development. Was weird. I believe there's highlights on YouTube, we've got the black Avec kit on and playing Hearts, Andy Smith scores at the Cowden end and everyone starts cheering. Thought I was having some form of breakdown.

I really do not like the experience of being in that stand. Might try and go in early so I can stand at the top (which usually gets taken up) because I am the height of a Harlem Globetrotter, and end up cramped as f*ck. 

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think I was in the Cowden end for a 6-0 win vs Clydebank just before they went under?

I was in the Cowden for a match against Killie in 2003. Both teams were still challenging for 3rd spot and I think the Young Pars fans were given free tickets for the Cowden End and the wee terracing on the ground level of the Main Stand. Killie fans were in the North East. We chucked away a two goal lead, effectively ending any hope we had of Europe. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye cause it's a home game for you 😉

This is true. I grew up a stone's throw from Firhill, will be parking at my Dad's and walking round to the game which is a nice change from the usual Saturday travel to EEP.

First football game I ever went to was Thistle 1-1 Hibs, opening game of the 95/96 season, went to about 4 more games and even got a Thistle top for Christmas. I saw the black & white light later that season thanks to my old man (I think the Christmas present was the final straw for him) but always like to see The Jags do well.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I was in that stand that day with a free Young Pars ticket.

Bankies fans sang throughout and I mind Bullen scored.

Think that must have been why we were there as well.

I remember my Dad showing up as a surprise during the match because he got away from work early.

I’ve been in the cowden end many many times. It was back in the auld terraced days when we use swap ends to be behind the goals we were attacking. Those were the days when some kind adult would lift you over the turnstiles. 
I remember following some “big ains” roond the side of the cowden end, and seen them go through the bit of the metal fence that wasn’t riveted at bottom. Used that bit for a couple of seasons until it was fixed and a steward stood guard at it, then it was back to the lottery of someone lifting you over again.