Partick vs Pars

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Apologies, assumed Thistle were a bigger team than that and got bigger crowds normally.

We're pretty much the same size as we've been for some time now. The only difference between us and certain other similarly-sized clubs appears to be that we haven't started declaring fake attendances yet.

Maybe if we start doing that you'll think we're a big club again.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

You have been, and its quite weird, you’d have thought at some point someone would realise that nowhere near enough fans are responding with the surname and the majority just hear a deranged lunatic repeating saying the forename with nothing  coming back. 

I generally agree but 2500-4500 is a massive gap and I certainly would group them differently. 

We’ve been pushing 5k home crowd this season which is probably our peak at this level outwith exciting end of season games to potentially go up.

3k-5k is a massive difference in percentage terms.

I find it hard to criticise clubs for lack of crowds as they are all pushing hard to maximise them but we can’t pretend their aren’t differences.

Sure but another way of looking at it is to take 0 as a baseline, and 50k or so (going by the biggest crowds in Scottish football) as the top end.  Within those parameters, the variation I was talking about isn’t all that much.  Just one way of looking at it.

One additional point - the clubs may be trying within their limits, but I’d say they probably could be more inventive with looking for ways to appeal to potential customers.  Even minor league baseball teams over here are streets ahead of any British football teams in putting on a show and incentivising folk to come to games.  Now, Scottish football actually attracts a lot of fans per capita (just not compared to some historical periods), but I wonder how much more they could do with better promotional strategies, especially outside the OF.

(I know, football isn’t baseball, and Scotland isn’t America etc etc.  I’m sure a lot of purists wouldn’t like it, but it might be good to find a way to appeal to more kids, families, non-traditional football fan demographics, with something more than an appeal to club loyalty)

Granted McMillan is still unavailable, but Robinson in behind Graham with McInroy/Bannigan deeper (as well as Williams on the bench) feels like we're finally close to a proper first-choice eleven.

Even with McMillan I think we'd still be vulnerable to getting overrun by the likes of Arbroath and Airdrie, but the likes of Dunfermline who fancy themselves as football teams we should sword most weeks.

A 3-0 home win and Greggying the subway loyal made for a fine day.

Edited by AMMjag

3 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Even with McMillan I think we'd still be vulnerable to getting overrun by the likes of Arbroath and Airdrie, but the likes of Dunfermline who fancy themselves as football teams we should sword most weeks.

What does that even mean? 

On 29/09/2023 at 23:51, Cardle is Magic said:

Thistle fans going to be left crying into their quinoa by 5pm tomorrow.

Aged well etc... 

21 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Yesterday won’t define our season. Thistle got absolutely dicked 0-3 against Arbroath last week. Yet I absolutely fancy out chances of beating them at East End next Saturday. It’s a strange old league, everyone on their day can beat everyone.

The most frustrating thing about yesterday was after an okay start, we then added two big wins on the board and felt like we could kick on. If we lost out to a goal yesterday I’d be okay but the manner of how it happened was very much like a Pars team of old under AJ or something. Gutless.

I’m over it now. Watched the highlights and listened to the interviews. Fairly refreshing from McPake and Hammy, said we were gash and deserved nothing essentially. I watched Kris Doolan’s interview last week after they lost to Arbroath, he said they just wanted to move on and give the fans a better performance the following week, and they did. Hopefully we can do the same next weekend.

That's exactly it, it's a weird league and any team can beat anyone else on their day, been like that for a few seasons now. It was a essentially a reverse Arbroath for us on Saturday, we took our chances, played well enough and Dunfermline looked meh for the majority of it and that's how it was the week before, with us being the meh side. Was feeling fairly scunnered by that Arbroath game, but that's picked me right up, until we inevitably get pumped by big Dunc's Caley next week, love the Championship man.

That ref was fucking honkin though.